Deeper Mock Draft

OP
OP
N

NFLRoughDraft

Veteran
Reaction score
I think Quinn's falling had more to do with the teams above them not needing a QB than him falling because he wasn't a good propect. Ask anyone in Miami if they'd rather have Ginn or Quinn right now, I'd wager 9 out of 10 would say Quinn.

I partially agree with you. But that means the same thing could happen to Ryan if he gets past the Ravens. And, honestly, I'd take Quinn over Ryan in a heartbeat.

OP
OP
N

NFLRoughDraft

Veteran
Reaction score
NFL.com on Matt Ryan:

"He lacks accuracy and arm strength when unleashing the long ball, as most of his interceptions were the result of him trying to attack the deep secondary."

Why would you take a QB that can't throw the deep ball in the top 10 of the draft? Especially with all of the talented corners, tackles, and possibly Sed Ellis on the board.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NFL.com on Matt Ryan:

"He lacks accuracy and arm strength when unleashing the long ball, as most of his interceptions were the result of him trying to attack the deep secondary."

Why would you take a QB that can't throw the deep ball in the top 10 of the draft? Especially with all of the talented corners, tackles, and possibly Sed Ellis on the board.

Same weaknesses were said about Leinart....

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
NFL.com on Matt Ryan:

You're doomed :D

You start debating on this board and you'll never leave. Soon you will be a Cardinals fan, and then things will really start getting bad.

I think there is a 1-800-IMADDICTEDTOASFN line for you.

Oh and unless a top of the line RB is there at 16, then we will be going defense.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
how can you say brohm had a better '07 than ryan? ryan had a better record and was clutch in many games.

plus brohm and louisville lost to us! (Syracuse!!!!)

OP
OP
N

NFLRoughDraft

Veteran
Reaction score
how can you say brohm had a better '07 than ryan? ryan had a better record and was clutch in many games.

How can I say Brohm had a better year than Ryan? I'm not saying it....it's a fact. I keep hearing about how Ryan was "clutch" or that he had the "it" factor. He threw 19 interceptions in the ACC!!!!!!!!!

What was so clutch abpout him? He choked in the conference championship! You're saying Ryan is better because BC had a better record than Louisville? That doesn't make much sense.

OP
OP
N

NFLRoughDraft

Veteran
Reaction score
Mike Jenkins CB

Mike Jenkins is a good pick. I just felt like if DRC, McKelvin, and Talib are all gone, then they should wait until the second round. They could end up landing someone like Cason there.

I think you guys are underrating Albert. If he is there at #16, that would be an absolute STEAL.

OP
OP
N

NFLRoughDraft

Veteran
Reaction score

By the way, Brohm threw for almost 600 yards in that game!!! I didn't say he could tackle or play defense.

DaisyCutter

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think you guys are underrating Albert. If he is there at #16, that would be an absolute STEAL.

I don't know. I've seen him play, and his highlight reels aren't even that impressive. He's definitely a physical specimen, but I haven't really seen that show up in terms of nastiness or physicality.

Falcons.com has a highlight video of him v. Demarrio Pressley where Pressley just abuses him one-on-one on several different plays.

I don't really understand the hype, and am really skeptical about prospects who rise a full round (or more) in the two weeks before the draft.

I don't think that Albert is a much better prospect than Pitt's Mike McGlynn, who should be available two rounds or more later.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Mike Jenkins is a good pick. I just felt like if DRC, McKelvin, and Talib are all gone, then they should wait until the second round. They could end up landing someone like Cason there.

No we're not underestimating him. He'll be picked in the first. But players that could drop to 16 for us include, Rogers-Cromartie, Stewart, Mendenhall, Harvey, Rivers, Williams, with Merling and Jenkins being there Mtl as well.

But it was brought up that Albert plays more of a finesse game and we have that allready in LG Reggie Wells. And he's signed for three more years, I believe. Their games are similar. Yes Albert's ceiling is higher, but at 16, I guarantee we're going one of the above players.

DaisyCutter

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No we're not underestimating him. He'll be picked in the first. But players that could drop to 16 for us include, Rogers-Cromartie, Stewart, Mendenhall, Harvey, Rivers, Williams, with Merling and Jenkins being there Mtl as well.

But it was brought up that Albert plays more of a finesse game and we have that allready in LG Reggie Wells. And he's signed for three more years, I believe. Their games are similar. Yes Albert's ceiling is higher, but at 16, I guarantee we're going one of the above players.

If you check his mock, not many of those names (any?) actually end up falling to the Cards. That's why I'm pretty okay with the pick. I'd probably rather have Albert than a guy like Harvey... but it's close.

OP
OP
N

NFLRoughDraft

Veteran
Reaction score

That's fair enough. The reason I didn't give them any of the ends was because of their free agent acquisitions at OLB. I agree that DRC should be the pick if he's there. He wasn't in this draft. Neither were the two RBs. I looked at it as a value pick. I think Albert is a guy that can play tackle.

I realize you guys need a corner. I even said that in the explanation, but I just see this as a deep class at the position, and honestly, I don't see much difference between alot of these guys once you get past the top three.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
If you check his mock, not many of those names (any?) actually end up falling to the Cards. That's why I'm pretty okay with the pick. I'd probably rather have Albert than a guy like Harvey... but it's close.

I probobly would too. But Harvey is rated high(er) by most every service out there. It's a close call because we're not that young at OLB AND we need the possible b/u at DE and he's flexable enough to do it on passing downs. But I really don't forsee him there.

If it's not one of the big RB's or a CB, I'll be surprised. But also I can live with Albert because of his ceiling.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I realize you guys need a corner. I even said that in the explanation, but I just see this as a deep class at the position, and honestly, I don't see much difference between alot of these guys once you get past the top three.

Yes, and I and the Cards org. , I believe agree with that. I don't think they see much of a drop off among the top 8 CB's. DRC, McKelvin, Jenkins, Talib, Flowers, Porter, King ,Cason and Smith or Lee for that matter.

I want them to take one in the 2nd. RB 1st or 3rd. But they might just pull CB 1, DL 2, RB 3, OL 4.

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
How can I say Brohm had a better year than Ryan? I'm not saying it....it's a fact. I keep hearing about how Ryan was "clutch" or that he had the "it" factor. He threw 19 interceptions in the ACC!!!!!!!!!

What was so clutch abpout him? He choked in the conference championship! You're saying Ryan is better because BC had a better record than Louisville? That doesn't make much sense.
It's by no means a fact.They were similar and Ryan played in a tougher conference.
Brohm:308/473 65.1% 4024 yards 30 TD's 12 int's, 25.67 comp/game 335 yds/game

Ryan:388/654(ACC records) 59.3% 4507 yards 31TD's 19 int's,27.71 comp/game

pretty even to me

then you throw in the injury factor with Brohm,torn ACL and an injured thumb, and Ryan is seen as the better prospect. Ryan must be seen as a better prospect because,not only Mayock but almost every scout,has Ryan ranked ahead of Brohm with Ryan being a consensus top 5-10 pick and Brohm a second rounder. Stats aren't everything. Why is Matt Forte a 2nd/3rd round prospect when he had 2000+ yards while Mendenhall and his 1600+ yards is a 1st rounder?

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
So I went to the site and none of the buttons work so you can't view the mock.

All I get is some message thanking people for visiting.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting to read. Thanks for posting it, Rough. You lose me when you start quoting "experts" opinions and combine performances to back your choices.

Your mock is as good a guess as anybody else's and by next year nobody will remember any of them anyway.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I think you are the only one that is still convinced that Brohm is a better prospect than Ryan.

Wrong.

May not be conventional wisdom but I for one am on the Brohm is better then Ryan bandwagon.

I think Ryans getting better hype because he has a PR guy who has more NFL ears then Brohm does (Jagacynizki opposed to Kragthorpe)

Pete King constantly questions what happened to Brohms stock when he had a a very good year under a new coach - his team just had less success (because of the defense)

Saying all that there is no way in hell the Cards draft Albert at #16. Knowing the Cards like I do they would rather reach for the need position (CB or Pass Rush) then fortify the OL with Albert.

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
I personally could see Matt Ryan falling to #17 also. Given his talent level when compared to the rest of the possible draft picks espescially when you don't figure in the QB variable(QBs get taken higher than their talent level, because of the importance of the position, IMO).

I also agree that Brady Quinn is/was and will be a better Pro than Matt Ryan, not sure on Brohm, if he stays healthy, he definately could be, I think he has the smarts factor over Ryan to understand an NFL playbook.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05