Dejan Koturovic

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
"We trust this organization, this coaching staff," said Filipovich, who also serves as the agent for promising rookie Zarko Cabarkapa. "He's a veteran player, just a rookie in the NBA."

Those trusting foreigners...;)

I believe that they measure height in socks in Europe, but in shoes in the NBA. Koturovic should be 7'0" with shoes on.

Back when the team was talking about Drobnjak, I wondered how he was going to fit in--if the Suns could afford to play a center that was so soft, why not go all the way and put in Zarko?

That was before the trade, though.

Now, there's no downside to bringing in Koturovic and some upside, so who could possibly complain?

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't want to be hair-splitting but I remember that last summer Koturovic was invited to BOS's camp but couldn't make the team.

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by JCSunsfan
He's 7-0, he's got some meat on him. He has international experience. He's not 35 plus years old. He has some athleticism and speed. He likes to bang. He's got a Gold medal and was a starter on that team. He's played on a team with NBA talent and started over Divac and Drobjnak. Zarko is his buddy.

We're paying him $350,000.

Its kind of hard to find something bad about this.

Now, if he gets a chance to play, I'll agree. The Suns will be playing "Skill Ball" and I believe JC stated he was not skilled. I like this addition and $350k is a bargin. Will we have to wait for a Lakers game to see him in action?:D

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Did Dejan give up $1.5 mil for this season or was it a multiyear deal worth $1.5 mil over the life of the contract?

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Originally posted by jbeecham
Did Dejan give up $1.5 mil for this season or was it a multiyear deal worth $1.5 mil over the life of the contract?

Good question. I wasn't even thinking about that and the article doesn't say.

"Filipovich said Koturovic passed up contracts worth the U.S. equivalent of $1.5 million in Europe to sign with the Suns for a minimum contract."

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake