Denny Green's post game comments

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Denny Green's post game comments

- We are fast defense, taking away a lot of balls
- Offensively we were weak, their defense very aggressive
- QB's on both sides had rough time
- Running game: Second team were a lot easy to run on (implied comment on Shipp's long runs)
- The first offense went one series more than we planned but they did not score
- About Navarre: No, Josh is still 2nd, wanted to get Navarre more reps, that's all

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Oliver Ross

- Felt little rusty, will work on next week to get ready for Giants game
- Raiders defense: they were big, moved to the ball well
- Feel good physically

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
100%- Oakland is a very good way to judge talent. The Raiders are a pretty damn good looking team this year with their interior DL and WR's I think we matched up with them blow for blow. Im even more excited about the season then before.

Second Deck

Registered
Reaction score
I hated losing Redmond but Anderson did a good job with the kickoff return. I also thought we were pretty evenly matched. I don't know what it is going to take for us to get a running game. Hopefully Step will be back for the NYG gameand that should help.

Cardsmasochist

Full Throttle!!
Reaction score
Second Deck said:
I hated losing Redmond but Anderson did a good job with the kickoff return.

I think Anderson will make the team now that Redmon is hurt. Anderson did have a good return last night.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardsmasochist said:
I think Anderson will make the team now that Redmon is hurt. Anderson did have a good return last night.

He actually had two good returns. One of them was negated by a penalty.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
az1965 said:
- Running game: Second team were a lot easy to run on (implied comment on Shipp's long runs)

Denny needs to avoid a RB controversy so he is going to not give Shipp much in the way of props no matter how well he did. Can't have the Golden Boy Arrington's status hurt by another RB (Shipp) outplaying him in preseason.

Fortunately, Shipp cannot score, or so I have been told, so Arrington is safe.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
100%CardsFan said:
100%- Oakland is a very good way to judge talent. The Raiders are a pretty damn good looking team this year with their interior DL and WR's I think we matched up with them blow for blow. Im even more excited about the season then before.

I know it is important to support your team but I must have watched a different game than you did last night if last night got you even more reved up. I saw a pretty inept offense...they managed barely 200 yards against a Reaiders defense that is considered the weak spot of that team according to Raider beat writers...in fact they were saying on the radio the other day that the Raiders O may have to score 50 points to win.

I dunno...to me this game raised even more red flags. The season isn't dead in the water but you can only rely so much out of your defense before the offense needs to hold up their end of the bargain

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
I know it is important to support your team but I must have watched a different game than you did last night if last night got you even more reved up. I saw a pretty inept offense...they managed barely 200 yards against a Reaiders defense that is considered the weak spot of that team according to Raider beat writers...in fact they were saying on the radio the other day that the Raiders O may have to score 50 points to win.

I dunno...to me this game raised even more red flags. The season isn't dead in the water but you can only rely so much out of your defense before the offense needs to hold up their end of the bargain

I would buy that negative assessment of the Raiders' "D"... if they were still running a a base 3-4... but, it's now a 4-3 - which makes better use of the available talent.

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:

Last year we lost 4 games by 3 points and lost 2 OT losses to the 9ers. With a real NFL qb and our D just as good I'm seeing playoffs.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100%CardsFan said:
Last year we lost 4 games by 3 points and lost 2 OT losses to the 9ers. With a real NFL qb and our D just as good I'm seeing playoffs.

:fans:

I'M READY FOR SOME FOOTBAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL!!!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We arent awesome at offence yet but our D is better and we were so close to winning so many games last year, the offence will score more and toward the end of the season should score at will but regardless, when were losing 6-3 to atlanta, we will score this time.

OP
OP
A

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
Fortunately, Shipp cannot score, or so I have been told, so Arrington is safe.
Shipp had 9 TD in 2002 - 6 rushing, 3 receiving. He had couple of long runs as well for TD. 2003 was a bad year. He had 0 TD and that has been the knock on him ever since that he cannot score. But Emmitt Smith that year had only 2 rushing TD as well. It was just a bad year overall where we were losing by 20-30 points almost all games.

I'm not sure how you can call any player on your team not doing what they are supposed to do as "fortunate"??? That is just BS. I hope both JJ and Shipp score a lot of TD so we can have 1-2 punch of dangerous RB duo.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think Green will play favorites if it will cost him W's. If Shipp has the hot hand, I think Dennis will play it. The same holds true if JJ is red hot.

Also, I wouldn't get too hysterical over our offensive line play. All of our problems on offense start there. And all of our offensive line problems stem from breakdowns at center. One way or another (i.e. thru returning injured players, Step snapping left handed or someone else plucked from the waiver wire, the ship will be righted at center and we'll be OK

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
az1965 said:
Shipp had 9 TD in 2002 - 6 rushing, 3 receiving. He had couple of long runs as well for TD. 2003 was a bad year. He had 0 TD and that has been the knock on him ever since that he cannot score. But Emmitt Smith that year had only 2 rushing TD as well. It was just a bad year overall where we were losing by 20-30 points almost all games.

I'm not sure how you can call any player on your team not doing what they are supposed to do as "fortunate"??? That is just BS. I hope both JJ and Shipp score a lot of TD so we can have 1-2 punch of dangerous RB duo.

AZCB34 was making a Kerouc9 reference. K9 is always saying Shipp can't score and is a below average RB.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Give Arrington time. It took Kevin Jones almost 1/2 the season last year to figure out how to run in the NFL. JJ is a rookie so we need to be patient.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Marcel Shipp hasn't scored a TD in how many months? I should start keeping a counter. Had a red zone chance this week with the first team, and gained maybe two yards.

Too bad we don't have practice access again this year... maybe Skkorp or Nidan could have pointed out the end zone to Marcel. I'm sure he's forgotten where it is...

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Marcel Shipp hasn't scored a TD in how many months? I should start keeping a counter. Had a red zone chance this week with the first team, and gained maybe two yards.

Too bad we don't have practice access again this year... maybe Skkorp or Nidan could have pointed out the end zone to Marcel. I'm sure he's forgotten where it is...

uhhhh he didnt play for a whole year

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:

Ricky Williams scored a TD for Miami last night. The year in a tent didn't seem to bother him.

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
According to the outsider, the cards are working on Arrington and Shipp in the backfield at the same time. Said we will not see this in pre-season. This could be an answer to some blitz pickups as well as add confusion.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Big Deal said:
According to the outsider, the cards are working on Arrington and Shipp in the backfield at the same time. Said we will not see this in pre-season. This could be an answer to some blitz pickups as well as add confusion.

Shipp stank at blitz pickups before. :shrug:

Love the new Jurecki handle "the outsider" though. I do think we'll see a totally different offense once the season starts. There's been a lot of talk about motion and moving guys around in the WR corps, but we haven't seen it yet. As of now, this offense looks like the kind that'll lead the Cards to no better than an 8-8 record.

And Duck: great, it's been half as long for Ricky, and he had no problem finding the end zone before...

seesred

Reaction score
I too think we have been very vanilla on offense. The line will get well, Step nad or Lechy who I thought did a good job before the injury to his ankle. We have not really looked at multyple movement switches in backfield etc yet. The D looks great. I have been away and missed most of the pre season action. Can anyone inlighten me on the injuries and how long we rae looking at. I could not find info on our board or other sights?

Fritz
Step
Lechy
Dockett
Safetys?

Thanks
GBR

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Fitz - Knee sprain, should be available 9/11.
Step - Broken wrist; has been trying to learn to snap with left hand, but is doubtful for week 1.
Leckey - some kind of ankle injury; out for the preseason, but may be available for Week 1.
Dockett - Minor injury; should be fine for next week.
A. Wilson - Leg contusion; wouldn't have been out of a regular season game.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan