Denny on radio

flocker

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Making the change - Wells to center and Step to guard.

OP
OP
flocker

flocker

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Victor called in - why not throw to Fitz in the red zone when he was so much taller than the DB's?

"We just don't have the system to do that right now. It's like playing basketball"

Last edited:

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Can we maybe get two weeks of practice and games in without changes? I think this is a huge part of the problem. Everyone preaches cohesiveness on the OL, knowing how the guy next to you will react or move etc.

So what do we do? Change it up every week!

OP
OP
flocker

flocker

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Crazy Canuck said:
Source ????

It's on the radio right now - the Dennis Green show. I'm giving a play by play for those that can't listen.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IN the short term it makes sense since Step can't shotgun snap. However I think we have a problem in that I don't believe Step is good enough to be a solid NFL guard and I don't believe Wells or Leckey are either so you have 2 pure centers and a guy who's best shot at starting in the NFL is probably moving to C(Wells).

Step is just not athletic enough to play guard, or at least excel at it. He might be better at it than Wells because Wells isn't strong enough, but he'll never be very good there.

I would assume when Step's hand heals he'll go back to C.

OP
OP
flocker

flocker

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wolfley on the running game....We keep running into eight guys on every play.

Denny says we'll go to more screens and draw plays.

OP
OP
flocker

flocker

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Any special message for the team right now?

Denny: There's six other teams that are 0-2 right now. We just happen to be one of them.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
AzCards21 said:
:rolleyes:

Can we maybe get two weeks of practice and games in without changes? I think this is a huge part of the problem. Everyone preaches cohesiveness on the OL, knowing how the guy next to you will react or move etc.

So what do we do? Change it up every week!

I agree. I don't like this move at all.

How is this line supposed to get any continuity if it is constantly being shuffled?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
flocker said:
Wolfley on the running game....We keep running into eight guys on every play.

Denny says we'll go to more screens and draw plays.

Which would seem to favor Arrington over Shipp which seems bass ackwards based on the current situation.

I don't get how he can say in one interview it's not the scheme it's the players, and then in another talk about throwing screens and draws to counter our inability to run? Seems like he's contradicting himself?

OP
OP
flocker

flocker

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Seattle game - how to prepare?

We know them real well. We went after Okie and Orlando for this reason.

Rick from Phoenix called in: The play of the o-line and maybe isolating them from the rest of the team maybe for awhile.

Denny cut him off. This is my revamped line. It's all my fault. Blame me.

Can they improve during the season?

Denny: They have to.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:thumbdown

I don't like the Wells to C move at all. If you're going to juggle the line, move wells outside and Ross inside.

:hulk:

OP
OP
flocker

flocker

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well Denny sounded more resigned than I've ever heard him. He's usually full of bluster and self promotion, but today he was very quite and didn't dis on callers like he normally does.

He did say that he didn't react to Martz's play calling even though he knew Martz wasn't going to go with the power running game that had been so effective. I'm not sure that he admitted that he was out-coached by Martz, but that would be a sad situation.

"We rely to much on schemes and not enough on players playing football."

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Denny probably won't get fired, my guess is that he's going to quit if things turn south bad enough.

He'll cite same old Cardinals and just can't win without help, yada yada yada and bail before his reputation is completely shot.

Whatever, Mike Bidwill and Graves both liked Jim Johnson and he was their second choice, my first so if DG quits I am down with that, HIRE JOHNSON THIS TIME.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Denny also said that Leonard Davis was very ill prior to the game and had to get an IV during halftime

fball13

Registered
Reaction score
flocker said:
Victor called in - why not throw to Fitz in the red zone when he was so much taller than the DB's?

"We just don't have the system to do that right now. It's like playing basketball"

System to throw a jump ball??? Even I can run that system...

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Denny also said that Leonard Davis was very ill prior to the game and had to get an IV during halftime

That's it. Its official, this team has been really unlucky this year. We still got the Pottstown (or whatever that place was named) thing in the works? How long is going to be before this team shakes off the bad karma thing we got working?

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:
That's it. Its official, this team has been really unlucky this year. We still got the Pottstown (or whatever that place was named) thing in the works? How long is going to be before this team shakes off the bad karma thing we got working?

I had it all working but several of those who shall remain nameless refused to buy gas at 3 bucks per.

Those cheap @$TT@$TT

Anyhow, now that the prices have gone down a bit it's time to try again.

We need some 3 in 1 oil, guaze pads, ball bearings, half a pack of smokes, someone small to fit through windows and were good.

Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:
:biglaugh:This is what I was thinking as I walked out of the stadium yesterday!

Also those who have claimed that DG never takes the blame for anything, flocker has it right - Denny said straight out, "the state of the offensive line, that's my fault."

And paraphrasing more of the conversation -
When Denny came in the Cardinals OL was the highest paid group of 5 in the NFL and it was not getting the job done, so it had to be revamped. That hasn't gone as well as expected or hoped for.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CardLogic said:
:biglaugh:This is what I was thinking as I walked out of the stadium yesterday!

Also those who have claimed that DG never takes the blame for anything, flocker has it right - Denny said straight out, "the state of the offensive line, that's my fault."

And paraphrasing more of the conversation -
When Denny came in the Cardinals OL was the highest paid group of 5 in the NFL and it was not getting the job done, so it had to be revamped. That hasn't gone as well as expected or hoped for.

Well, that is what a lot of people have been asking for. My reaction is "whoopde-damn-do". I don't think Green saying the offensive line is his fault has ANY impact on wins or losses.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
flocker said:
Any special message for the team right now?

Denny: There's six other teams that are 0-2 right now. We just happen to be one of them.

I wonder how many will be 0-3 after next week?

DKCards

Reaction score
Was anyone else listing to DG on the radio yesterday? I was listening to him on 860 at 4:00PM and what I got out of it was a little different then what flocker did. No offence, flocker it is just I heard it different then you did.

First he was asked if he thought they would keep using Wells for the shotgun. He said as long as Step had a wrap on his hand it would be hard for him to snap in the shotgun. He said they can continue to use Wells in the shotgun or they MIGHT switch them all the time until Step gets the wrap off of his hand. Then went on to praise Wells as a player that will do anything to help the team win and that he is capable of playing all 5 O-line positions. From what I heard he never confirmed that a switch was going to be made.

Then on throwing to Fitz or Q in the end zone. He said he felt they are paying to much attention to a scheme and not the players. He said it is just like basketball where if a taller player gets position you can just toss it into them and they will make the play. Then went on to say that we have two guys who feel like they can do that and we need to give them the chances to do that. I didn’t hear him say we didn’t have the system to do it, more to the point that the coaches were over scheming and they need to get back to letting the players make plays. To me it sounded like he wasn’t too happy with how Fitz and Q were used in the red zone and knowing DG it will be changed quickly.

Just my take on what DG said………………………….

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan