Denny on radio

Cardsmasochist

Full Throttle!!
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
Denny probably won't get fired, my guess is that he's going to quit if things turn south bad enough.

He'll cite same old Cardinals and just can't win without help, yada yada yada and bail before his reputation is completely shot.

Whatever, Mike Bidwill and Graves both liked Jim Johnson and he was their second choice, my first so if DG quits I am down with that, HIRE JOHNSON THIS TIME.

I doubt Denny will quit. He is making $2M per year. This team has a lot more talent than it did before he took it over. But, there are several areas we all know that need to be addressed in the off season through the draft and free agencey: namely DT and OL.

This is a young group of players that are making mistakes.

I still think that Denny can turn this thing around but it probably wont happen until they are playing in Glendale.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Cardsmasochist said:
I doubt Denny will quit. He is making $2M per year. This team has a lot more talent than it did before he took it over. But, there are several areas we all know that need to be addressed in the off season through the draft and free agencey: namely DT and OL.

I still think that Denny can turn this thing around but it probably wont happen until they are playing in Glendale.

Post of the year!

Seriously, what was everyone expecting? The Superbowl?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
DKCards said:
Was anyone else listing to DG on the radio yesterday? I was listening to him on 860 at 4:00PM and what I got out of it was a little different then what flocker did. No offence, flocker it is just I heard it different then you did.

First he was asked if he thought they would keep using Wells for the shotgun. He said as long as Step had a wrap on his hand it would be hard for him to snap in the shotgun. He said they can continue to use Wells in the shotgun or they MIGHT switch them all the time until Step gets the wrap off of his hand. Then went on to praise Wells as a player that will do anything to help the team win and that he is capable of playing all 5 O-line positions. From what I heard he never confirmed that a switch was going to be made.

Then on throwing to Fitz or Q in the end zone. He said he felt they are paying to much attention to a scheme and not the players. He said it is just like basketball where if a taller player gets position you can just toss it into them and they will make the play. Then went on to say that we have two guys who feel like they can do that and we need to give them the chances to do that. I didn’t hear him say we didn’t have the system to do it, more to the point that the coaches were over scheming and they need to get back to letting the players make plays. To me it sounded like he wasn’t too happy with how Fitz and Q were used in the red zone and knowing DG it will be changed quickly.

Just my take on what DG said………………………….

Thanks,

That makes a lot more sense.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
The Bengals went 1-4 the last two years and still managed to be 8-8. If we can get two wins in our first 5 games then I think we will be in a good position.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
JPlay said:
The Bengals went 1-4 the last two years and still managed to be 8-8. If we can get two wins in our first 5 games then I think we will be in a good position.

I was a Charger fan before I moved to the Valley 10 years ago. They opened up 0-4 once. Then then proceeded to rattle off several wins and ended up in the Super Bowl that year. 0-2 is not a death sentence. However it's not a great start either.

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
Cardsmasochist said:

I completely agree with this. Denny will get it done.

Red Fury

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
Denny probably won't get fired, my guess is that he's going to quit if things turn south bad enough.

He'll cite same old Cardinals and just can't win without help, yada yada yada and bail before his reputation is completely shot.

Whatever, Mike Bidwill and Graves both liked Jim Johnson and he was their second choice, my first so if DG quits I am down with that, HIRE JOHNSON THIS TIME.

Holy Cow!!! Two games into DG's second season and you're already looking ahead to the next coach. You have to give him his contract then judge him.

There is only one thing that has been constant through all of the years of coaches and I think you all know what it is.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Which would seem to favor Arrington over Shipp which seems bass ackwards based on the current situation.

I don't get how he can say in one interview it's not the scheme it's the players, and then in another talk about throwing screens and draws to counter our inability to run? Seems like he's contradicting himself?

And why Hell would he tell the Seahawks this? Jeez... The guy reeks.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
Well, that is what a lot of people have been asking for. My reaction is "whoopde-damn-do". I don't think Green saying the offensive line is his fault has ANY impact on wins or losses.

right-o.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lecky 6-3 298...too small to play G
Step 6-4 304...just the right size???

Does 1 inch and 6 lbs mean he is right for G? :shrug:

I mean I know he cannot grip the ball and that is why he is moving but if Leckey is too small...and presumably his size would be a hindrance to the offense...I fail to see how the "mammoth" Stepanovich will be the roadgrader Leckey will not.

Cardsmasochist

Full Throttle!!
Reaction score
AZCardsWin said:
No, just maybe 1 win in September. Not asking too much...

Hey, they DID win their first three games this year!!

Okay, it was pre-season. But still......
;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan