Detroit Lions @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 09/15/24-09/21/24

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we can manage to get out ahead early like we did today thus taking away their run game and keeping their defense honest - we stand a very good chance.

If they are able to pin their ears back and blitzkreig rush Kyler - could make for a long day.
They shut Tampa's run game down. Baker got loose a few times though.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Remember it was the Lions who really put a dent in the hopes of the 2021 team.

Expect lots of pressure/blitzes up the middle. Hutchinson playing with his hair on fire off the edge.

Hopefully we counter it as well. Need a big James Conner game. Their secondary is much better than last year.
They’ve beat us so many times when we were “supposed” to win. Time to return the favor.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
How were the home field fans yesterday? As an out-of-town fan, I'm curious. Hopefully, the Red Sea will become a home field advantage again, instead of an opportunity for the opposing team's fans to take over our stadium.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How were the home field fans yesterday? As an out-of-town fan, I'm curious. Hopefully, the Red Sea will become a home field advantage again, instead of an opportunity for the opposing team's fans to take over our stadium.
particularly the field looked primo for footing!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Remember it was the Lions who really put a dent in the hopes of the 2021 team.

Expect lots of pressure/blitzes up the middle. Hutchinson playing with his hair on fire off the edge.

Hopefully we counter it as well. Need a big James Conner game. Their secondary is much better than last year.

Lions have always been a bit of a bogey team for us, even when they sucked.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Quite a few games over the next few weeks have gone from probable losses to potential wins. Detroit, maybe, but Green Bay, Miami and even San Fran(not as much as the other two) look like winnable games in my opinion.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
They did well. After MHJ got his first TD you could feel the stadium erupt. The fans really needed a game like this after the last few years. This was the first game that I didn’t see an opposing fan in my section. By the start of the fourth quarter I don’t know if I’ve ever seen the fans happier.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Message boards are funny things. I decide to peek in on the Lions forums and there are people freaking out over the loss to the Bucs.

Some people are calling for the firing of their OC after two weeks.
Some are calling for calm because it is way too early to tell anything for sure about this season.
Some think the Cardinals are going to destroy the Lions because the Cardinals just destroyed the Rams who took the Lions to OT in week 1.
Some Lions fans are so used to losing for so long that they just expect the worst possible outcome.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My daughter is studying abroad this semester in Sydney. She said that they had a huge NFL Kickoff event at Bondi Beach near Sydney. She said it was packed. So there is definitely support for the NFL there!
I promise we'll have breathable air and grass that players can stand up on

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser