Detroit Lions @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 09/15/24-09/21/24

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I really felt we were gonna win week 1...so I talked a lot of smack....and it didn't work out.

I thought we would beat the Rams but I wasn't certain so I stayed quietly optimistic...we saw how that worked out.

I feel good about our chances in a slugfest with Detroit. But I will test my theory and remain quietly optimistic

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
What a weird chart. Seems like the axis are backwards. Difficult to read.
The chart is oriented so that the “good” results are in the upper-right. Higher passer rating allowed and yards per snap are “bad”, so it’s reversed from if this charted WRs.

Is ST5 on this?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The chart is oriented so that the “good” results are in the upper-right. Higher passer rating allowed and yards per snap are “bad”, so it’s reversed from if this charted WRs.
Yeah I figured that out but it just caught me off guard when 0 is all the way to the right and positive numbers go to the left. Seemed like a strange way to orientate your axis.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I take all these charts with a grain of salt. Statistics are fools gold.
Look at Sauce Gardner. Does that mean he is trash?
100%

We are two games into a season where 90% of teams sat their starters for most of the preseason.

Most of these stat guys try to force stats in the NFL. This isn't baseball with 160 games being played.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Manic Cheese
Despite the avalanche of “Darksiders love to be miserable” crap thrown at me and others over the years, I only need the slightest bit of success to become optimistic. I just can’t be a blind faith fan for a franchise that’s consistently pissed on our fan base’s head while telling us it’s raining.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I take all these charts with a grain of salt. Statistics are fools gold.
Look at Sauce Gardner. Does that mean he is trash?
I mean, he was benched in Week 1.

These metrics are pretty weak sauce/small sample size theatre. Still fun to check out, though.

Based on this data, ST5 has a passer rating allowed of 81.8 and a yards allowed per snap of .63. He'd be right between Dax Hill and Cam Taylor-Britt.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After we stuffed the run Sunday I anticipate the Lions are going to come out throwing. I think we will need to score 30 this week.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
After we stuffed the run Sunday I anticipate the Lions are going to come out throwing. I think we will need to score 30 this week.

It's really hard to tell. I think the game plan for the Cardinals against the Rams was to take away Williams and the running game which was much easier against a makeshift OL that was playing together for the first time on the road.

The Lions have a very good OL and Gibbs is averaging over 5 yards per carry. I think they will be very run heavy against the Cardinals which will set up the pass. The Lions OL has also been great with pass blocking. They have the lowest sack percentage this year. Goff is currently only getting sacked 2.35% of the time he drops back.