Diamondbacks-Cubs Series

OP
OP
A

AZZenny

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but that wasn't Conor's E - either Hill or Gosling should have had that ball - he was playing deep and had to run in when Hill couldn't see the ball. That's one of those where if he hadn't run for it and had it touch his glove, it wasn't an error.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
AZZenny said:
I'm sorry, but that wasn't Conor's E - either Hill or Gosling should have had that ball - he was playing deep and had to run in when Hill couldn't see the ball. That's one of those where if he hadn't run for it and had it touch his glove, it wasn't an error.

You can't give the batter a hit on that play. It was a popup that hit his glove. It was a tough error but it was an error. Gosling should of realized Hill lost it and taken charge.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice throw by Hill to gun out the runner at third.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cormier gets the rookie to K with the bases loaded. Still 2-2.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Way to go Conor. First rbi, 3-2 Diamondbacks! :thumbup:

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know what Hill is complaining for. It might of been a little low but you have to swing at it if it's close.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Aquino in and he gets the first two out. If the Diamondbacks are winning going into the bottom of the 9th, who pitches? I don't think you can put Valverde in because he has pitched three straight games. Does that mean Bruney?

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ahh, looks like I may have jumped the gun. Aquino is still in. WHEW!

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diamondbacks win 3-2! Aquino looked great, as did the rest of the pitchers. Props to Hill, Glaus and Conor for their big hits! Right now the Diamondbacks are 1.5 games out of first. :thumbup:

BOB_Man24

Go Cats!
Reaction score
Zona90 said:
Diamondbacks win 3-2! Aquino looked great, as did the rest of the pitchers. Props to Hill, Glaus and Conor for their big hits! Right now the Diamondbacks are 1.5 games out of first. :thumbup:

Nice, if they can turn things around right now, we could take advantage of the pads (for once this season) and take over first.

OP
OP
A

AZZenny

Reaction score
When they said Bruney had gotten up in the pen, I almost barfed. Nice job by Aquino - if he and Papa Grande pitch like they have in the past, maybe Bruney's dramatics will get him bounced out of the closer's spot.

Hey, when they sent Hill down, they told him one critical thing he had to improve was his release time and accuracy when throwing on steals - I'd say he did just as instructed - that was a really quick, pinpoint throw to third to get out the runner.

Not a half-bad start for the rook on 1B, eh?

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
4-0 as Webb gets a big 2-out hit to bring in the 4th run. Clayton and Snyder could not get the job done.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow, what a way for Snyder to break his slump with men in scoring position by hitting a grand slam. 9-1 Diamondbacks! :thumbup:

I was watching the WGN feed and Brenly seems pretty sad. :biglaugh:

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope the bats stay hot for Tuesday and Roger.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gonzo goes yard twice and now Snyder hits his second home run of the day. I guess most of us. including me, will gladly eat crow today. Two days in a row where the catchers have produced. This must be a good sign. :thumbup:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan