Diaw and Tucker for Hinrich anyone?

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wouldnt be surprise... Gordon, Hinrich one would need to go...

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I'd love to see Kirk in the Suns uniform, but I am not ready to give up on him just yet. I want to see what he can do as a point-forward next year. Now if you want Barbosa+garbage instead, then absolutely!

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
In general I like this idea very much.

For the bulls, they r loaded at 1-2, think about it, Rose, Gordon, Duhon, Larry Hughs, Sefolosha. No way they would add Barbosa. Instead, they have been in need of post scoring all the years. Diaw plays his best inside, his scoring ability is very nice both face or back to basket, he's definitely a reliable double digit scorer if given consistent playing time, which he couldn't get here as backup after Amare and Marion. Bulls might think about it, as they r fire-selling Hinrich.

The main reason to trade away Diaw and Barbosa is to reduce payroll so that Sarvar could approve Kerr to spend full MLE on our first priority - a defensive and 3p shooting SF.

James Posey (let Shaq call him)
James Jones (he has already chosen not to pick up his player option and became unrestricted FA)
Pietrus (younger, better defence than JJ but less accurate 3p, rumors said the Spurs want him)
and a few more.

Diaw for Hinrich is about equal in salary (9M for 10M for this season), we got a strong backup PG, maybe more expensive than we'd like, but Diaw was expensive backup anyway. It is also possible to play Nash and Hinrich together.

Then, there is absolutely no need to keep Barbosa, we can trade him for a good SF at same salary level (6M) or just to clear cap space for FA signing. To New York for David Lee and for trade exception? Or, to Portland for one of their SFs?

Mad Psyentist

Reaction score
If we could do this trade of Diaw + Tucker for Hinrich, what about a follow-up trade of Barbosa for Battier?

Sunsei

Reaction score
If we trade Diaw to the Bulls, it should be for Nocioni, Suns fans would get a hustling SF/PF tough guy that can shoot the three.

Later maybe they would realize that they miss his BB IQ, his solid 1 on 1 and team defense, the very nice work he does boxing out & setting solid screens for shooters... all the things that don't show up in the boxscore.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we trade Diaw to the Bulls, it should be for Nocioni, Suns fans would get a hustling SF/PF tough guy that can shoot the three.

Later maybe they would realize that they miss his BB IQ, his solid 1 on 1 and team defense, the very nice work he does boxing out & setting solid screens for shooters... all the things that don't show up in the boxscore.

The problem with that trade is that the Bulls would not do it. They need to get rid of a guard and Paxson loves Nocioni. IMO, Gordon, Hinrich, Gooden and Thomas are the only ones that are avaliable on the Bulls.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05