Diaw?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, is Diaw capable of defending what--1, 2 or 3?

He sounds like a pg. Actually, those are skills we could use. Raja Bell is a decent shooter and defender, but I am not sure about his distributing skills, same with Barbosa. Maybe Diaw could fill our backup pg role?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JCSunsfan said:
So, is Diaw capable of defending what--1, 2 or 3?

He sounds like a pg. Actually, those are skills we could use. Raja Bell is a decent shooter and defender, but I am not sure about his distributing skills, same with Barbosa. Maybe Diaw could fill our backup pg role?

Isn't life ironic. The irony of JJ going to Atlanta to be their PG and Diaw coming to Phoenix to perhaps be our back-up PG. :)

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
I'm sure that he can play PG when Nash is on the bench. He's really unselfish and can handle the ball, but I'm not sure that he's a lock on D against smaller and faster players.

Here are some videos of him with France against Slovenia last year, he finished with 26 points, 9 rebounds and 5 assists. He wears n°13.

drive to the basket
[url="http://planetebasket.free.fr/france/2pts-diaw(2).mpg"]mid-range
hook shoot to finish another drive[/url]
pump fake the 3 and drive

Ouchie said:
damnit, his website is all in french.
You want a translation, Ouchie? There's nothing really interesting, though. And this website is really ugly.

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
I've watched the first 3 quarters of the Suns/Hawks first game (which was the Suns 1st game of year) and Diaw plays the PG position with about as much talent as JJ does (not sure if that's what everybody wants to here) but he is a whole lot cheaper...

IMO the Hawks are going to have-to go out and get another experienced PG, because the few minutes i watched of Salim at Point in SL, he had multiple turnovers and I sure wouldn't want to go into Season with just JJ and Salim there :eek:

If the Hawks want to use JJ as starting PG (like I care), but IMO he's going to have-to able play multiple positions to get the most out the contract, because outside of the Playoffs this year... PG hasn't been his best position. Childress and Josh Smith just can't shoot and JJ doesn't really get a lot of assists penetrating or feeding inside, JJ can score that's for sure though and it's too bad he wanted to leave. :(

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05