Dick Stockton

KelVarnsen

Reaction score
Anyone else notice the thousands of shots of dejected Cub fans that the camera panned to in Game 2? Enough with "the long-suffering Cub" fan story already. You would have thought the game was played in Chi with as many Cub fan shots as TBS bombarded us with last nite.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else notice the thousands of shots of dejected Cub fans that the camera panned to in Game 2? Enough with "the long-suffering Cub" fan story already. You would have thought the game was played in Chi with as many Cub fan shots as TBS bombarded us with last nite.
I have taken it upon myself to tell people in Chicago, that there really weren't 25,000 cubsfans in Chase Field.

OP
OP
chicards11

chicards11

Registered
Reaction score
I have taken it upon myself to tell people in Chicago, that there really weren't 25,000 cubsfans in Chase Field.

F'n A Cotton....... The national media just loooooooooves to show cub fans on television. They think everyone else wants to see those people on tv I guess....

really makes me sick. i almost wish they'd win the damn world series so we can all stop hearing about the curses and voodoo and blah blah

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
The comment that made me laugh from Dick last night... when describing Wuertz (Cub reliever), he said something to this effect, "Wuertz has thrown the most innings in relief of all the Cowboys pitchers this season."

That was funny.

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score

The game didn't sell out - we all know how lame locals are about supporting the home team - but where was the "Cubbie Nation'?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The game didn't sell out - we all know how lame locals are about supporting the home team - but where was the "Cubbie Nation'?

They had less than 500 SRO tickets a few hours before the game - if not a sell out, damn close.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Attendance was still over 48k, the only seats not sold were singles here and there in the nosebleeds.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Listening to McCarver makes me long for Dick Stockton.
Tim McCarver is the worst color commentator in the history of American professional sports . . . especially when you consider how long the guy, who caught only on days that the great Bob Gibson pitched, has lasted in the booth.

Every sentence out of his mouth is a lecture. Boooooring!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tim McCarver is the worst color commentator in the history of American professional sports . . . especially when you consider how long the guy, who caught only on days that the great Bob Gibson pitched, has lasted in the booth.

Every sentence out of his mouth is a lecture.
He is the Chip Carey of color commentators.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05