Did the Football Gods Descend on Foxboro?

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It was 1 game. People are going overboard in regards to how the Patriots and/or Tom Brady is done.

Exactly. I'm in Vegas next weekend and will load up substantially on NE. They are going to curb-stomp whoever they are playing and destroy the spread. MARK IT!!

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Patriots pass rush sucked, and their best pass rusher is currently in AZ for the next 5 years, but "trading with Belichek is always a bad idea". Belichek is a genius because he never pays top dollar for anything. But, I guess having cap room is more important than a pass rush in football, and it sure helped the Patriots last night.

Last night the Patriots got beat, I am sure all the apologist will be out in droves today, which will amount to the same situation as it stands this morning, Patriots are 0-1 for the 2017 season. But do not worry, it is not an ego problem like the Cardinals have here, it is a "lesson in humility".

I am sure the Chiefs will take the win, and injuries are injuries, it sucks to see Eric Berry go down for the year, but the NFL season has started, and injuries are part of the game.

Are people having a hard time understanding that Mitch is simply creating content for this board? Trying to give us stuff to read and ponder and discuss? In that role, he might be expressing personal opinions, or playing devils advocate, and may from time to time contradict himself. Why is that so hard to understand? Read and respond to each post on its own merits, stop trying to find holes in a perceived argument to poke through, solely so you can feel like you bested who is probably the most prolific and should be highly respected member of this community. Thoughts are capable of standing on their own, and needn't be incessantly compared to previous thoughts.

Stream of consciousness posting is good for the board. Carry on Mitcher S Thompson. I appreciate the viewpoints.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are people having a hard time understanding that Mitch is simply creating content for this board? Trying to give us stuff to read and ponder and discuss? In that role, he might be expressing personal opinions, or playing devils advocate, and may from time to time contradict himself. Why is that so hard to understand? Read and respond to each post on its own merits, stop trying to find holes in a perceived argument to poke through, solely so you can feel like you bested who is probably the most prolific and should be highly respected member of this community. Thoughts are capable of standing on their own, and needn't be incessantly compared to previous thoughts.

Stream of consciousness posting is good for the board. Carry on Mitcher S Thompson. I appreciate the viewpoints.

Few of us don't understand this and not appreciate his efforts.

We also note his bias and a penchant to being an emotional juvenile when contradicted.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. I thought you might find this take amusing and hopefully worth the read. You know, it's becoming obvious that I am wearing myself too thin on this board. I think I need to take a break. It's been a long time coming.

C'mon Mitch, the season hasn't even started yet!!

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
My humble opinion is some posters target Mitch, just waiting for a reason to attack. If you don't like his posts or you don't like Mitch, then just put him on ignore and you won't have to see his posts. Simple solution. If you dislike his posts use ignore and you're good to go. The only reason I can imagine why you don't use ignore is you want to see his posts so you can take a shot at him. I don't always agree with Mitch and if I find a post of his not to my liking I just blow by it.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I actually did not bother to read any long paragraph if it's about the Patriots. I respect their recent legacy but as a Cardinal fan I am not interested in them and this whole 'what would the Patriots do' approach to every damn thing which happens to the Cardinals has gotten old on some posts of recent because that only applies when your QB is Tom Brady. Take Brady out and New England's organization will look like about half the rest of the league, because Brady is the football god which makes the organization 'look' divine... they are not even in our division, hell they are not in our conference but we sure hear a lot about them on this forum lol

Last edited:

cardinals

Veteran
Reaction score
Pats will still go 12-4, so what ever lol.

unless Brady gets injured....

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Pats will still go 12-4, so what ever lol.

unless Brady gets injured....
Or father time... yes ... with 40 you should think about that too.

Else nothing happend, NE D is what many thought it would be, very vunerable. And Tom Brady didn't look sharp at all. He looked like Manning in his las SB year ... slow, without power.

We will see how the season goes, but for now NE is 0-1 and Kareem Hunt was unstopable for the NE D. We will see if the KC O is so good or the NE D was so bad on the opener.