DirecTv sucks sometimes!!!

TXCardinalsFan

Feeling no pain
Reaction score
Okay, so I am all excited about getting to see the Cards-Chargers preseason game. Then I go to channel 263 and what happens? The game is not availalbe in my area. What is up with that? I am in Texas for God's sake! What kind of revenue would they be losing if they show the friggin game here?!

I guess I am just fired up because two days ago I added the Sports Ticket which included FoxW and I should get to watch the game. I just need a beacon of hope is this cowpie infested state!

Help me someone!! Please.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Originally posted by TXCardinalsFan
Okay, so I am all excited about getting to see the Cards-Chargers preseason game. Then I go to channel 263 and what happens? The game is not availalbe in my area. What is up with that? I am in Texas for God's sake! What kind of revenue would they be losing if they show the friggin game here?!

I guess I am just fired up because two days ago I added the Sports Ticket which included FoxW and I should get to watch the game. I just need a beacon of hope is this cowpie infested state!

Maybe you can help me, i was lookin all over the directtv web-site but i couldnt find an exact price of the sports package. Can you just tell me how much it costs, thanks.

OP
OP
TXCardinalsFan

TXCardinalsFan

Feeling no pain
Reaction score
I am doing the next bes thing. I am listening to the game online. I just wanted to see some freakin hitting!!

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Originally posted by TXCardinalsFan

I'm in North Carolina and it's blacked out here to. I called DTV about it and they said the preseason games are not part of the package and then I asked them if they were going to add the preseason games to any package including the season ticket and they said no. I feel your pain believe me.

dbcard74

Reaction score
Just curious, since the game was also blacked out in Oklahoma: If they're not showing it here and they're not showing it in Texas and they're not showing it in North Carolina and they're not showing it in Arizona, where are they showing it?

They've got to be showing it somewhere, or they wouldn't be broadcasting it.

Does anybody know where?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The advantages of Sports Pack has now been reduced to watching Cardinal highlights and off season news on FoxSportsAZ and St Louis Cardinal highlights and off season news on FoxSports Midwest.

And some of the high school football playoff games in late Nov./early Dec.

Is it worth $120 a year? I'm not so sure anymore.

OP
OP
TXCardinalsFan

TXCardinalsFan

Feeling no pain
Reaction score
Jeff, with the limited coverage the redbirds get my answer would be no. I am disappointed that FoxAZ has whole shows for the Coyotes, the Diamondbacks, ASU, and U of A but only a five minute segment on the Arizona Sports show. Twelve a month is not worth it and since I have found out that I cannot watch any preseason games, it's outta here.

On a side note, listening to the game on the internet was pretty cool. Realone player is offering a seven day free trial offer and it works like a champ. Hopefully this will help those of us less fortunante types that do not live in the valley.

:thumbup:

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Originally posted by JeffGollin
The advantages of Sports Pack has now been reduced to watching Cardinal highlights and off season news on FoxSportsAZ

Hey Jeff - I get FoxSportsAZ but never know when Cards highlights/programming is being shown. Is there any kind of schedule for when Cards programs are aired?

DBCARD wrote "Just curious, since the game was also blacked out in Oklahoma: If they're not showing it here and they're not showing it in Texas and they're not showing it in North Carolina and they're not showing it in Arizona, where are they showing it?

I posted earlier but in case you missed it - the game was shown live in Los Angeles.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey Jeff - I get FoxSportsAZ but never know when Cards highlights/programming is being shown. Is there any kind of schedule for when Cards programs are aired?
This is where TIVO comes in -

Each night, FoxSportsAZ airs a nightly sports highlight show called Arizona Sports Report (It usually airs 3 or 4 times between 12am and 4am EDT). When there's news about the Cardinals, they cover it (obviously more during regular season than offseason).

I set it up so that TIVO automatically records the 3:30am or 4:00am show. Then I watch it with coffee the next morning (fast fwding thru everything that's not about the Cardinals - they usually throw the redbird logo up there when there's Cardinal news, and you stop the fast forward when you see it).

I do same thing with FoxSports Midwest (for StL Cardinals highlights)

OP
OP
TXCardinalsFan

TXCardinalsFan

Feeling no pain
Reaction score
It's about five minutes of news. I would keep the sports package if they had a Cardinals half hour show. A lot of other teams have a show, why don't the Cards? Anyone know???