Disappointing

CT CARDSFAN

Veteran
Reaction score
My thought about what people were saying that Petzing was a brilliant offensive mind; today his play calling was worse than a pop warner team.
Conner is too slow to run outside.
Moti better take a deep look at how the Commanders became a very good team in one year. They brought in players that know how to play the game, especially the offensive line to protect their QB and create holes for the running game.

In todays NFL, you can't rebuild a team only through the draft. The DL he brought in are just 2nd and 3rd teamers not elite players.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The frustration for me is yeah Kyler didn't play well but if you think the answer is to draft a QB next year the question is who? People said Shedeur Sanders, he would have been the 5th or 6th qb taken in this draft behind Caleb, Daniels, Maye and Penix for sure(IMO) and probably behind McCarthy(many had McCarthy ahead of Penix because of Penix's knees.). I think he probably goes ahead of Bo Nix this year who was the 6th QB but even that's not for sure.

Right now most sites have Quinn Ewers as the top QB, I saw one today that had the Alabama QB but I don't buy that. The Georgia QB has a 1st round grade.

Kyler has to play better but I don't think there's a single guy in the next draft I'd clearly prefer over Kyler, which is sad.

We need tons of help on defense, our secondary is bad our Dl is bad. I spent all week telling my email friends how slow our WR's were, they thought I was anti woofing but now they see what I mean. We don't have a decent RT on the roster, we need LB's. just nothing impressive

Just pathetic today

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Correct..... I was part of the crowd booing on the 3rd and 26th.

Really makes you question the "ra ra gut them violence"

I still think JG is a great coach.... but results... results... results..

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My thought about what people were saying that Petzing was a brilliant offensive mind; today his play calling was worse than a pop warner team.
Moti better take a deep look at how the Commanders became a very good team in one year. They brought in players that know how to play the game, especially the offensive line to protect their QB and create holes for the running game.

In todays NFL, you can't rebuild a team only through the draft. The DL he brought in are just 2nd and 3rd teamers not elite players.
The Commander still have a terrible offensive line, but Kliff is moving the pocket a lot and calling a ton of screens to offset the pressure. Look at the Commander's signings and their production, all the players the Commanders brought in are pretty bad. Kliff and Jayden are elevating them to be more than the sum of their parts. Their defense is bottom 3 and if Jayden doesn't continue playing like MVP they will lose a lot of games.

Overall the Commanders are the least talented team in the entire league right now. It turns out the only thing you need to fix a team is a great QB and a good offensive play caller. Daniels and Kliff are the only reasons they are doing anything.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Sooo glad Monti has gone for the ol reliable slow build model. Sure works wonders in the NFL, I'm told. Never fear. By year 7 we'll start spending moderately in FA. Until then, we're building the belly of the team and changing the culture of being sorry losers to being golly-gee good guy losers.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not only that, the Vikings are the best team in the league right now. The only "easy" game on the schedule is the Patriots. Its going to take a lot of fight to get close to a .500 record this season.
Not unless Brissett is benched and Maye starts and tears it up against us.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
In year 2 there should be some improvement, in 4 games there isn't any, blame injuries, signings , non-signings, coaching , players, whatever but as of right now, game 4 we have not improved a bit and that is just a fact. Reminds of the scene in Goodfellas, "You didn't have a good week? F you pay me " " You have injuries, bad play calling, no defense? F u win a game" lol

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gannon and his “defense” are gonna have to hold this one. Kliffy came in and out-schemed and quite frankly embarrassed him with a rookie QB en-route to hanging 42 on that ass. Washington’s offense dominated the game in every imaginable way.

That raises a HUGE red flag for me.
lol! The offense which was supposed to carry this team scored 7 points before the” prevent defense “ came into play.
So 13 points last week and 14 points this week. Juggernaut. That would get some QB’s benched.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sooo glad Monti has gone for the ol reliable slow build model. Sure works wonders in the NFL, I'm told. Never fear. By year 7 we'll start spending moderately in FA. Until then, we're building the belly of the team and changing the culture of being sorry losers to being golly-gee good guy losers.
I’m starting to believe one of the reasons Monti was hired was he was agreeable to be frugal with Bidwill’s money. With Bidwill paying through the nose for Kliff , Keim and past coaching staffs sure plays a role why we are “ saving” 20m in cap space.
Sad but I think it’s true.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m starting to believe one of the reasons Monti was hired was he was agreeable to be frugal with Bidwill’s money. With Bidwill paying through the nose for Kliff , Keim and past coaching staffs sure plays a role why we are “ saving” 20m in cap space.
Sad, but with the Bidwill’s, who’s to say?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was zero chance of us doing anything significant in free agency this year. There is zero chance of us doing anything significant in free agency this coming off-season. Monti was hired to build this team via the draft. That leaves very little room for error.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

We were told you can’t turn around a team in shorter than 3 years.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was zero chance of us doing anything significant in free agency this year. There is zero chance of us doing anything significant in free agency this coming off-season. Monti was hired to build this team via the draft. That leaves very little room for error.
Yes but that doesn’t mean you don’t have to “save” the cap space.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last year people said "but they played hard". Not so today. Like I said in the game thread they didn't look ready coming out of the tunnel. I can't say exactly what was wrong then, they just looked more like they were jogging out for preseason than a must win regular season game.
Agreed. The only player who looked amped up coming out was Paris. He was locked tf in. Everyone else was meh.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
It’s a new version of Moneyball. He saves money while kicking the fans in the balls

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
I was on board with rebuilding the team, but they are relying on too many young players and cast offs to win. MHJ looks great, but why no sign a legit NFL vet WR to take some of the pressure off him? We needed to sign a pass rusher but we left it to Ojulari and Robertson (both got hurt which happens, but bring in a vet as well. They drafted a dozen corners the past 2 years but the zone D doesnt seem to be working, other teams eat us up on 3rd down with easy throws. We have over 20M i cap space sitting the in bank when we could obviously use more talent right now. Kyler has taken a big step forward but its not enough to overcome the talent discrepancy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake