Disgruntled star watch

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
No you could not ?

KG was a MVP, best player on many 50 win teams, been to the playoffs a bunch of times..

Kevin Love has been a loser his entire career so far.

Kevin Love is no KG, but you can hardly blame Love for Minnesota's losing. Love is a rebounding machine and a solid offensive contributer. He was 4th in the league in offensive win shares a few years back and has the highest season rebounding average in the last decade.

I would not want him as a franchise's number 1 player due to his inability to stay healthy, but calling him a loser and a "stat stuffer" is a bit overly harsh. He took his college team to the final four and since he has been a pro he has virtually nobody else on his team who could provide any help. And I don't care how much of a "stat stuffer" someone is, averaging 15 rebounds in a season is pretty amazing.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't watch a lot of this year's playoffs but it seemed like every time I listened to them they commented on the fact that Miami (and San Antonio IIRC) had switched to an uptempo team. There is nothing wrong with uptempo basketball, it can succeed on the court and obviously it succeeds with the viewing public too. You don't have to play small and you don't have to treat defense like a disease when you play fast.

Steve

Exactly.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No you could not ?

KG was a MVP, best player on many 50 win teams, been to the playoffs a bunch of times..

Kevin Love has been a loser his entire career so far.

Yep, Kevin Love, a pure loser for not being able to win with a team Kevin Garnett (as you said, a proven MVP) was losing 50 games a year with towards the end.

Kurt Rambis? Great coach. Khan? Great GM. Johnny Flynn, Sleazley, Wes Johnson, Darko, Ridnour? Thats the supporting cast any playoff contender would kill for.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Does this explain why the Twolves are competing whenever Rubio can play but whether Love is playing or injured it doesn't really affect their winning percentage at all?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does this explain why the Twolves are competing whenever Rubio can play but whether Love is playing or injured it doesn't really affect their winning percentage at all?

Last year the T'Wolves were .500 with Love... even as banged up and diminished as he was... what was their record with Ricky "Brick House" Rubio...? Hmm... 18-39...

Their record in games that Rubio did not play... 13-12.

Ouch... so basically what you said is correct... except the exact opposite.

What out for those facts, they'll get ya every time.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No you could not ?

then tell me tell me how a team could anually be among the worst in the league with KG being on the roster putting up some of the best raw stats his last two years in the league?

it couldn't possibly be that KG, like Love, was surrounded by complete and utter detrius and that's the reason the team sucked, right?

seriously...just answer the question. you posed it yourself. Was KG lesser of a player during his last two years with the T-Wolves and a stat packer...or was he still a great player just surrounded by trash that no mere mortal could make better no matter how good he was?

and why is it that you consistently use PER averages to prove whatever you want when it suits your argument, but when someone uses it to show Love's game, you completely ignore it?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
and why is it that you consistently use PER averages to prove whatever you want when it suits your argument, but when someone uses it to show Love's game, you completely ignore it?

Remove the question mark, and you have slinslin's entire philosophy of arguing. Use PER only when it suits you. But if it doesn't then it's wrong. Seems very familiar to a couple years ago when all he went on about was per-36 and per-48 stats.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remove the question mark, and you have slinslin's entire philosophy of arguing. Use PER only when it suits you. But if it doesn't then it's wrong. Seems very familiar to a couple years ago when all he went on about was per-36 and per-48 stats.

Truth.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Last year the T'Wolves were .500 with Love... even as banged up and diminished as he was... what was their record with Ricky "Brick House" Rubio...? Hmm... 18-39...

Their record in games that Rubio did not play... 13-12.

Ouch... so basically what you said is correct... except the exact opposite.

What out for those facts, they'll get ya every time.

But but...Lebron guarded Rubio that one time, so obvi best player on the team.

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
.... the "wildest" of his boys was the Kamikaze Kid, Ron Lee, who dived for loose balls. Whoopee!

I LOVED Ronnie Lee. Guy was awesome. All heart

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Phoenix Suns: Why Paul George Should Be No. 1 2014 Free Agent Target
Yahoo! Contributor Network
By Michael Dunlap | Yahoo! Contributor Network – Fri, Aug 9, 2013 4:52 PM EDT

COMMENTARY | NBA free agency in 2014 is going to be remarkable.

There are so many stars who could possibly be on the market, it feels like every team with space could grab one. LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony and Kobe Bryant headline a list that looks like a future Hall of Fame induction class.

The Suns need to be aggressive and have the space to acquire a top-tier man. Is it realistic that James, Anthony or Bryant ends up in Phoenix? No. However, Paul George is more realistic, even though he is a restricted free agent.

LOOKING TO THE FUTURE

Youth is extremely important for the rebuilding Suns. For that reason, they wouldn't want to go after any superstar that's on the backside of his career. The Phoenix faithful would riot if Bryant wore orange, and Anthony and James are simply in another class.

George is just 23 years old and has yet to enter his prime. Barring major injury, he'll just get better over the next couple of seasons. In 2012-13, he had a breakout year with averages of 17.4 points, 7.6 rebounds, 4.1 assists and 1.8 steals per game. He screams superstar and will be a mainstay on the All-NBA team for years to come.

FILLING A MAJOR HOLE

The Suns have a major deficiency at the small forward position. They put a Band-Aid on it with the acquisition of Caron Butler, but he's in the last year of his deal and at 33 years of age, he will likely be gone at the end of the season.

If Eric Bledsoe develops into an athletic defensive-oriented star, he'll need to be paired with an offensive-minded teammate if the Suns want to compete for a championship someday. Markieff Morris is a power forward, so he's out. Marcus Morris isn't up to par, and those are really the only options.

UNLESS SOME LUCK ARRIVES

As we saw, the Suns are going to have to upgrade the small forward position sooner rather than later. The only thing that should prevent the Suns from offering a max contract to George would be hitting the 2014 NBA draft lottery.

Andrew Wiggins is the consensus No. 1 pick and would fit in perfectly with Phoenix. He's an uber-athletic 18-year-old that would thrive in the helter-skelter Jeff Hornacek offense. At 6 feet 8 inches, 197 pounds, he would pair with Bledsoe, Archie Goodwin, (Markieff) Morris and Alex Len to create the most athletic team in the league. The "track meet" offense would certainly be fun to watch.

FORCE THE PACERS' HAND

If it's not the Suns, it will be another team. Somebody is going to force the Pacers hand and make them decide whether they're willing to dole out major dollars to remain a force in the Eastern Conference. They've already got Roy Hibbert locked up and could conceivably re-sign George to a max deal, but they'd be handcuffed. Filling out the roster would be a challenge with next to no cap space.

The Suns need a young, athletic star and they need an offensive-minded small forward. George is all of those things and would speed up the rebuilding process considerably. The Suns may as well put in their bid now, because it's a no-brainer.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/phoenix-suns-why-paul-george-no-1-2014-205200452.html

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, I am sure the Pacers would really struggle to decide whether to match the max 4 years 58 million George could get as a free agent...

What a freaking dumb article.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
Yeah, that's kind of silly. They're not letting their franchise player walk. I'm sure they knew they would have to pay him that money even before they matched Hibbert's max offer sheet last year.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah, I am sure the Pacers would really struggle to decide whether to match the max 4 years 58 million George could get as a free agent...

What a freaking dumb article.
I think the Yahoo! Contributor Network articles are written by fans. I never bother reading those.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I think the Yahoo! Contributor Network articles are written by fans.

And often semi-literate fans at that. I looked into once. You submit something cold, with no guarantee that you'll get any acknowledgment, and accepting that they won't pay you anything if they use it. The tease is that, if they like your work, they "might" start paying you a few hundred dollars to write more pieces in the future. It's basically just a venue for guys whose private blogs aren't getting enough hits to try to attract more attention to themselves.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake