Do you have a question about the Cardinals? Ask Dave Pasch Here!

Jim O

Reaction score
Cardinals Play-by-Play Voice Dave Pasch wants to answer your questions about the Arizona Cardinals. Dave has been at every practice and has talked to many coaches and scouts. He will post his answers in this thread. Fire away!

You must be registered for see images

Dave Pasch

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
1st Question!

Can't wait to start listening to you and Mistler again!

How will the addition of RB Olandis Gary to the Lions change the Cards' gameplan?

Last edited:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the signing of Mcdaniel what is th eteam expecting of him? Just depth at the position or a possible starter in place of Hill?

How long should it take a CB to come up to speed on the defensive system so he is a help and not a liability?

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
My question:

I just did the color commentary on Saturday for the UofA/Utep game for our student radio station. My partner and I were fortunate in that the Cats destroyed UTEP in the game. My question is: How do you guys find a way to stay incredibly enthusiastic and call a great game even when the game is a blowout like the Chiefs or Broncos games last year?

adam

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Dave....You've done an awesome job thus far..I haven't been this excited for Cardinals football since....well last year...but I like the new direction! My question(s) is...

What are the strongest points of this football team going into the season?

contrary to that...

Where are the most glaring weaknesses...and do you feel confident the Cards will be able to address those with free agent signings before the end of the week to make an impact?

Who, available, do you think can help us out there?

I know it sounds like 3 questions but they are all related...GO CARDS!

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dave: Joshua Rue. Can he really play or are we deluding ourselves in thinking we've found a FB gem? And, were you surprised he wasn't kept on the roster?

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Dave - first thanks for taking the time to answer our questions - we appreciate it! :thumbup:

Before the preseason, Jerry Sullivan said he wanted to "stretch-the-field" with a long passing game. And from the Flagstaff reports I read they did this a lot - but we have not seen it very much in preseason.

Is it that the WRs just aren't getting open, the injured o-line is not holding up, or are the cardinals being "sneaky" and not showcasing this part of the offense in the preseason (conspiracy theory :p ) ?

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Hey dave thanks for answering the questions.

My question is do you think eason is good enough as of right now to have a roster spot?

One more who do you think will be the starting front four on the DL and the 2 starting WR's.

Thanks again dave.:thumbup: :D

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Hey Dave, my question is, after getting a good look at Gerald Hayes this year at camp do you think he will be our starting MLB in the next couple of years? Also, does he look like he will be a special linebacker or just a solid type of player?

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Dave,
Is this team competitive now? And I mean this year. Not Superbowl but at least a shot at the playoffs?

We have all heard the national BS when they don't even take the time to research.

I think we move to 1 or 2 in the division by the end.

Call me a dork or whatever. I love this teams attitude and agressiveness. I see better than what is predicted by those national guys...What do you think?

Last edited:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Question for Dave

Dave, I know the team keeps saying that Josh Mc K will be the starting QB, but then Neil O'Donnell becomes a salary cap casualty. Do you think that the Cards should/will make him an offer?

D Pasch

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by arthurracoon
1st Question!

Can't wait to start listening to you and Mistler again!

How will the addition of RB Olandis Gary to the Lions change the Cards' gameplan?

First of all, thank you. John and I are both looking forward to a great year!

I don't know whether Gary will start, but I assume he will play some. Gary hasn't really done a whole lot since his rookie season, and regardless, it probably doesn't change the Cardinals game plan very much. With Stewart being out, Detroit will probably throw the football a lot more.

D Pasch

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shane H
With the signing of Mcdaniel what is th eteam expecting of him? Just depth at the position or a possible starter in place of Hill?

How long should it take a CB to come up to speed on the defensive system so he is a help and not a liability?

McDaniel is right now the #4 CB. I think he'll be ready to go against Detroit.

D Pasch

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by green machine
My question:

I just did the color commentary on Saturday for the UofA/Utep game for our student radio station. My partner and I were fortunate in that the Cats destroyed UTEP in the game. My question is: How do you guys find a way to stay incredibly enthusiastic and call a great game even when the game is a blowout like the Chiefs or Broncos games last year?

adam

Adam,

good luck with your career. It's my job to stay enthusiastic, so you have to find a way. Just make sure you have what I call "blowout material" that you can throw in to the broadcast to keep people interested.

D Pasch

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jttsaz
Dave....You've done an awesome job thus far..I haven't been this excited for Cardinals football since....well last year...but I like the new direction! My question(s) is...

What are the strongest points of this football team going into the season?

contrary to that...

Where are the most glaring weaknesses...and do you feel confident the Cards will be able to address those with free agent signings before the end of the week to make an impact?

Who, available, do you think can help us out there?

I know it sounds like 3 questions but they are all related...GO CARDS!

I think the offensive line/running game, the quarterback position, and our linebackers are the strongest points. We need better pass rush, and production out of the receiving corps to have a successful season.

I think there are a few guys out there who could help the Cardinals, but they probably won't sign any veterans until after week 1, like they did last year with Roundtree and Fina.

OP
OP
Jim O

Jim O

Reaction score
Originally posted by D Pasch
Just make sure you have what I call "blowout material"

Would that be a spare can of Hormel Chilli?

:thumbup:

D Pasch

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by Skkorpion
Dave: Joshua Rue. Can he really play or are we deluding ourselves in thinking we've found a FB gem? And, were you surprised he wasn't kept on the roster?

i think he can play, and that's why he's on the practice squad. They didn't need to keep 2 fullbacks with Bush on the team, so the p squad is the right place for Josh.

D Pasch

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by jw7
Hi Dave - first thanks for taking the time to answer our questions - we appreciate it! :thumbup:

Before the preseason, Jerry Sullivan said he wanted to "stretch-the-field" with a long passing game. And from the Flagstaff reports I read they did this a lot - but we have not seen it very much in preseason.

Is it that the WRs just aren't getting open, the injured o-line is not holding up, or are the cardinals being "sneaky" and not showcasing this part of the offense in the preseason (conspiracy theory :p ) ?

The Cardinals didn't show a whole lot, but they did try to connect on some deep throws. There were times when Gilmore blew past a defender, but Blake dumped it off because of pressure, or read, etc. I still think they will look deep...alot.

D Pasch

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by azcardsfan1
Hello Dave,
Who do you see in FA that the Cards are going after or taking a good look at now that the cuts have brought all teams to 53 players?

Thanks for taking the time to chat with us all.

Regads,

Dave

They will look for a young defensive back this week, and then probably focus on some veterans next week. If you sign a guy this week, his salary, even if he gets cut, is guaranteed for the whole year.

D Pasch

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by azcardsfan1616
Hey dave thanks for answering the questions.

My question is do you think eason is good enough as of right now to have a roster spot?

No.

One more who do you think will be the starting front four on the DL and the 2 starting WR's.

Wakefield, Davis, Bryant, Pace...eventually, maybe Bell at DT.

WR will probably be Gilmore, Foster to start.

D Pasch

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by Snakester
Hey Dave, my question is, after getting a good look at Gerald Hayes this year at camp do you think he will be our starting MLB in the next couple of years? Also, does he look like he will be a special linebacker or just a solid type of player?

I think Hayes will be a very solid footbal player, but I see him as an OLB, unless he puts on some weight.

D Pasch

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by AzCards21
Dave,
Is this team competitive now? And I mean right now!

We have all heard the national BS when they don't even take the time to research.

I think we move to 1 or 2 in the division by the end.

Call me a dork or whatever. I love this teams attitude and agressiveness. I see better than what is predicted by those that know nothing..What do you think?

I like your positive attitude. I think the Cardinals could surprise people. The division is weak, and the schedule is favorable. They have to beat Detroit this weekend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05