Docket mouths off

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
On Bick and MJ, they played a clip from an interview w/ Dockett at a Washington Wizards game. He is frustrated with the team because of his contract, claiming that he won't show up for any of the camps

He went further to talk about Boldin and Warner's situation. He doesn't expect Boldin to be on the team and that they have handled his situation poorly. Also, doesn't understand why Warner hasn't been paid yet.

Overall, his comments were all circulated about him and his constituents getting paid and that the organization is holding on to their money pretty tight.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Someone seems frustrated that he's at the back of money line.

DieHardFromMO

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It seems like all players who are clients of Drew Rosenhaus all have one thing in common, a propensity to bitch and moan about $$$$$.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
On Bick and MJ, they played a clip from an interview w/ Dockett at a Washington Wizards game. He is frustrated with the team because of his contract, claiming that he won't show up for any of the camps

He went further to talk about Boldin and Warner's situation. He doesn't expect Boldin to be on the team and that they have handled his situation poorly. Also, doesn't understand why Warner hasn't been paid yet.

Overall, his comments were all circulated about him and his constituents getting paid and that the organization is holding on to their money pretty tight.

I'm not a huge Dockett fan... but he's right, IMO.

I've come to the conclusion (this week's conclusion anyway :D) that Graves really isn't the problem, but rather, it really is the Bidwills.

They are wisely using Graves as their scapegoat (and he knowingly signed up for gig from day one) to deflect the fact they will only operate this business at a point where they get X percentage profit. Period. And the fall guy is Graves They don't care about the team. Honestly folks, who else would hire this guy?

The football team is secondary to them. Always has been. Always will.

We just made it to the superbowl, mainly because of Warner and Wiz, and these shortsighted Bidwill are just sitting in their office detached from the football team as has been the case for over half a century. There is simply no connection between ownership and the team, and more importantly, the fans.

They are a weird lot. The entire football world knows that and, deep down, we do too.

Last edited:

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man are we back to the Bidwill's are cheap this soon after a Superbowl ?

That didn't take long

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
We all knew this was going to happen (especially with anyone that has that scumbag of an agent) and its EXACTLY why the Cards cannot cave into Boldin. You can bet all these guys are watching and waiting to pull the same crap.

WTH, do these players think contract negotiations are a one way street? he is bitching that Warner's deal isnt done yet when the season just ended short of three weeks ago? Seriously...

These players are being selfish and greedy and now think because they made it to ONE supebowl that its only about the $$$ now. Look around the league guys: the Pittsburgs/New Englands/ Phillys of the world make a habit of not caving into these types of games. Cards need to look there.

Its funny that the Cards have focused on locking up core players by extending players contracts when they dont have to only to have the same players come back ONE year later to say NOW I want to REALLY, REALL GET PAID! geezus! This team is damed if they do and damned if they dont.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
He is frustrated with the team because of his contract, claiming that he won't show up for any of the camps

Give me a freakin' break... :rolleyes:

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm not a huge Dockett fan... but he's right, IMO.

I've come to the conclusion (this week's conclusion anyway :D) that Graves really isn't the problem, but rather, it really is the Bidwills.

They are wisely using Graves as their scapegoat (and he knowingly signed up for gig from day one) to deflect the fact they will only operate this business at a point where they get X percentage profit. Period. And the fall guy is Graves They don't care about the team. Honestly folks, who else would hire this guy?

We just made it to the superbowl, mainly because of Warner and Wiz, and these shortsighted Bidwill are just sitting in their office detached from the football team as has been the case for over half a century. There is simply no connection between ownership and the team, and more importantly, the fans.

They are a weird lot. The entire football world knows that and, deep down, we do too.

Lame.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Dockett doesn't show up for the mandatory workouts, then maybe it will be worth discussing.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

Jeez, there is so much here to comment on, where to start? Pro Football is a business. The players know that. When they open their traps, instead of being a Good Ol' Boy and tow the line company guy they come under all kinds of scrutiny from both the public and from management. Much of the time it is well deserved scrutiny.

Is anyone holding a gun to their heads saying they have to sign an extension, or even a totally reworked deal from their rookie contracts?! If the deal is too freaking long in the first place, why are they being counseled to go ahead with their deals from their shrewd agents?

You can go rant against the Bidwells from here to kingdom come. But nowadays gettin' mine is definately a two way street. Athletes better reco-nise that when they enter into a contract that it CAN and in most all instances IS binding.

Owners need to reco-nise that if a team becomes successful (which is what Docketts' rant is about) that the players on that team come first, before any money is shelled out outside the organization.

I think the Bidwells, Graves and everyone in the org. has a handle on the issues, and they will be settled one by one. They are also not looking to bring in any body really in FA and definitely won't be in any bidding wars for players services. That is definitely the way to go here.

Dockett should bide his time a little more carefully though. If the org. is prudent in shelling out it's CAP money, it might mean that they indeed have a better chance at getting back to his situation sooner, than if they don't pay the fair market value on players services. Remember that this org. is the one that gave Warner his chance when most all had given up on him. Some prop's to ownership for making good judgements is in order here as well.

As far as being stingy with the CAP allowance, I think that especially since moving into the new stadium, we are in a new era and the team/mgmt. has stepped up to the plate, spent the available money, WHILE keeping the team competitive going forward. Why on Gods Earth, do you think why the org. has over 40M in CAP room this year? They brought in who they could and didn't back load the deals. If they had, Dockett's rant would be moot, because there wouldn't be any extra money at all. That's how organizations like the Redskins, Raiders and Titans got into so much trouble and wound up having to dump multiple players. The Titans have recovered nicely , mainly through the draft and coaching , but others haven't been as lucky.

No this team is in the cat bird seat, to steal a phrase recently used , because of prudent financial decisions. They will continue to, when available to reward their starters for success by the team on the field (W's) and those players contributions to that success, even though their time isn't up yet, but only because they know it's sound business to proceed and reward that player. But as far as that player being "owed" , that's highly debatable. If the player is unsatisfied with his status (contract) he should look no further than the mirror or the agent , that got him a deal in the first place to make him and his family secure.

Hazzard29

Registered
Reaction score
Whatever happened to playing out the contract you signed? I wish teams would start demanding to sign new contracts when the player doesnt live up to the money he is making.

Think Ill hold off on buying that Dockett jersey I was looking at.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Whatever happened to playing out the contract you signed? I wish teams would start demanding to sign new contracts when the player doesnt live up to the money he is making.

I was thinking the same thing.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

Yeah, when was the last time a player gave back $$$ to the organization for having their heads up their butt's ala Burress to name someone obvious.

Hey Drew, want to give back your commission on that one!:p

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Smart. If you buy a Dockett jersey, the store will track you down next year and demand an extra payout from you if you want to keep it. Happens with all the jerseys of all Rosenhaus players.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wheres all the "Dockett's a piece of crap" and "Im done with him" and "Lets trade his azz" and "Lets make him ride the pine for the last 3 years of his contract"

comments?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wheres all the "Dockett's a piece of crap" and "Im done with him" and "Lets trade his azz" and "Lets make him ride the pine for the last 3 years of his contract"

comments?

You have to wait for the day shift to come in tomorrow, this news broke at 6 pm.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeez, there is so much here to comment on, where to start? Pro Football is a business. The players know that. When they open their traps, instead of being a Good Ol' Boy and tow the line company guy they come under all kinds of scrutiny from both the public and from management. Much of the time it is well deserved scrutiny.

Is anyone holding a gun to their heads saying they have to sign an extension, or even a totally reworked deal from their rookie contracts?! If the deal is too freaking long in the first place, why are they being counseled to go ahead with their deals from their shrewd agents?

You can go rant against the Bidwells from here to kingdom come. But nowadays gettin' mine is definately a two way street. Athletes better reco-nise that when they enter into a contract that it CAN and in most all instances IS binding.

Owners need to reco-nise that if a team becomes successful (which is what Docketts' rant is about) that the players on that team come first, before any money is shelled out outside the organization.

I think the Bidwells, Graves and everyone in the org. has a handle on the issues, and they will be settled one by one. They are also not looking to bring in any body really in FA and definitely won't be in any bidding wars for players services. That is definitely the way to go here.

Dockett should bide his time a little more carefully though. If the org. is prudent in shelling out it's CAP money, it might mean that they indeed have a better chance at getting back to his situation sooner, than if they don't pay the fair market value on players services. Remember that this org. is the one that gave Warner his chance when most all had given up on him. Some prop's to ownership for making good judgements is in order here as well.

As far as being stingy with the CAP allowance, I think that especially since moving into the new stadium, we are in a new era and the team/mgmt. has stepped up to the plate, spent the available money, WHILE keeping the team competitive going forward. Why on Gods Earth, do you think why the org. has over 40M in CAP room this year? They brought in who they could and didn't back load the deals. If they had, Dockett's rant would be moot, because there wouldn't be any extra money at all. That's how organizations like the Redskins, Raiders and Titans got into so much trouble and wound up having to dump multiple players. The Titans have recovered nicely , mainly through the draft and coaching , but others haven't been as lucky.

No this team is in the cat bird seat, to steal a phrase recently used , because of prudent financial decisions. They will continue to, when available to reward their starters for success by the team on the field (W's) and those players contributions to that success, even though their time isn't up yet, but only because they know it's sound business to proceed and reward that player. But as far as that player being "owed" , that's highly debatable. If the player is unsatisfied with his status (contract) he should look no further than the mirror or the agent , that got him a deal in the first place to make him and his family secure.

Post of the day!!!! Give this man a Bud. :beer:

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
He's currently making $4.2M per year? Maybe we could give him about $1-2M more per year, that would be about it tho. He's done a pretty fair job the last couple years. What do you think it would it take to make him happy?:shrug: