Dodgers vs D-backs series thread

Desert Rat

Veteran
Reaction score
I mean, really, I came back to town and the D-backs' lead got bigger, but not for the right reasons. The Dodgers couldn't buy a win lately and in San Diego, neither could the D-backs. The big series at Chase Field is almost here. Based on the pitching matchup, this series SHOULD be good for two D-backs wins, but so should have the one that they just got disgustingly swept in. Unfortunately, they will miss Maddux, who usually struggles against Arizona.

Friday - Kuroda vs. Davis

The good news is that the game is at Chase Field, where Kuroda is 0-1 with an ERA of 8.22. The last time Arizona saw Kuroda, he silenced the D-back bats at Dodger Stadium, allowing one run in seven-plus innings. The Dodgers have lost five of the last seven games Kuroda has started. These pitchers are not too different as of late; the D-backs have lost four of the last seven games Davis has started. Davis doesn't have a record in Phoenix worth bragging about, either (3-5, 4.80). In three starts against the Dodgers, Davis is 1-1 with a 9.28 ERA. Both clubs should be equally nervous about this one.

Saturday - Billingsley vs. Haren

Bring him on, Billingsley is 0-3 with a 7.71 ERA against Arizona, although for the season he is 12-10 with a 3.15 ERA. His team has dropped four of the last five games he has started. Billingsley has allowed three or more runs in his last nine starts and walked nine batters in his last 12 innings. The D-backs should consider employing some patience at the dish. Haren comes off seven-inning, 11-strikeout no-decision against victorious San Diego. Haren has defeated the Dodgers twice this season, keeping the Dodgers scoreless for seven innings in his most recent game against Joe Torre's squad.

Sunday - Lowe vs. Webb

Primetime Sunday baseball in the heat of a pennant race. The D-backs got to Lowe in his only Chase Field visit. Lifetime, he is 0-3 with a 5.03 ERA in seven Chase Field starts. Since allowing eight runs and 13 hits in St.Louis, he has settled down, getting two wins and allowing a little over two runs per game in four starts. Webb will try to win his 20th game in front of a national audience. Webb's six-game winning streak was snapped by the Padres on Tuesday. Webb has feasted on Dodger batters this season, allowing only two runs in 16 innings, earning one of his 19 wins.

The D-backs must find the offense that disappeared in San Diego and distance themselves from their rivals.
Go to the games, wear red, silence the LA fans!
GO:dbacks:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was hoping Melbo would skip Davis instead of Petit.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm going to Sunday's game and I am happy I to see Webb pitching.

OP
OP
Desert Rat

Desert Rat

Veteran
Reaction score
The schedule makers were not kind to the Dodgers. They will be playing a Thursday night game in Washington, then will to fly out here after that game and kick off this series Friday night. Hopefully their Thursday game will go into extra innings!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The schedule makers were not kind to the Dodgers. They will be playing a Thursday night game in Washington, then will to fly out here after that game and kick off this series Friday night. Hopefully their Thursday game will go into extra innings!

:crosses fingers:

We need all the help we can get with Davis pitching friday

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Davis over Petit? Seriously? Petit has arguable been as good as most #3's in the league in his starts this year.

Does Melvin want to lose? Or does he not want to hurt anyone's feelings?

Stallion

Cats, Cards, Bax, Suns
Reaction score
Here it comes, the battle between 2 teams that refuse to win this division.

I hope we don't want it less. :D

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Washington bats around the first inning, lead 5-2 after one.

Kershaw, Dodgers pitcher, threw 37 pitches. Hopefully, they will go deep into the pen.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kershaw lasted 2 1/3 innings, Dodgers already into bullpen.

5-2 Nats after 3

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
11-2 washington. lets crush the dodgers when they come into town. at least we ahve an off day after a disappointing series. they come straight into tomorrow.

go to the games people. this is the biggest series left in az this year. except for playoffs....

OP
OP
Desert Rat

Desert Rat

Veteran
Reaction score
When your team is on a losing streak, an effective panacea is having the Diamondbacks as your next opponent. Over the years, I've seen it happen way too many times, where an ice-cold team reverses fortunes when they play the D-backs.

Possibe outcomes on this Labor Day Weekend, take your pick...
  • the D-backs sweep LA, putting them 6.5 games ahead of the Dodgers, who may drop to third in the NL West
  • the D-backs take two of three, LA falls to 4.5 games behind.
  • the Dodgers take two of three, and they creep up to 2.5 games out of first
  • the Dodgers sweep, putting them one-half game out of first place
I'd love to see the Dodger losing streak climb to ten.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe Davis can pitch the game of the year.

Last edited:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
big series for the playoff race real nervous about tonight lets just pray our offense and pitching wake up this series, I give the dbacks a slight advantage being at home but a lot of dodger fans will be at chasefield also tonight. Would be a miracle if we could sweep the dodgers I just hope we take atleast two games. LETS GO DBACKS KILL THE EVIL DODGERS

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1-0 dbacks Dunn with a two out rbi double to bring in young :) lets get some more

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Solid win to go up 4.5 on the Dodgers and to remain 6 ahead of CO. I am more worried about the Rockies than the Dodgers, to be honest. But the DBacks have done well vs the Rockies thus far this season, so it is just one series at a time for right now. They can't afford to look ahead a single day on the calendar, IMO.

Need to add - GREAT job pinch-hitting tonight fellas (Salazar, Upton, and Clark - and I would have loved to add Burke to the list...)! Made a HUGE difference in the game.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Getting upton back in there is like making a big trade in the middle of the season. His swing on that double looked so crisp and fluid. Thats something you cant do if your oblique is still bothering you. I think he's ready for the home stretch that is September

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

Didn't go extra innings but the Dodgers had to use a bunch of pitchers.

If the Dbacks can sweep this series they can pretty much lock up the west. Having a 6.5 game lead with 26 to go would be awesome.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Good offense later in the game. Let's light it up again tonight!

Keep the Dodgers' losing streak going!!!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I guess the morale of the story is . . . when someone other than BoMel manages the team, they are inspired. :rolleyes:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05