Dodgers vs D-backs series thread

OP
OP
Desert Rat

Desert Rat

Veteran
Reaction score
The jerseys tonight did not read 'Lose D-backs', they may as well have. This Los D-backs rubbish is nonsense and unnecessary.

Haren did not allow a first-inning run, but lately when he does, he settles down and wins. It's hard to believe that Sheriff Strikeout leads the team in RBI. Hopefully, tomorrow, Webb will win #20 and set the Dodgers back on the losing track.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Man Ram has been as advertised for the Dodgers. Lights out.

Once Haren had to leg out Young's triple, it was over. Ten hits, two measly runs. 11 SOs! :bang:

Haren doesn't seem to be sharp over the past month or so, the "get into the playoffs" prayer doesn't hold much water anymore unless he really picks it up. One guy in the Dodgers lineup can really kill you - they pitch to him every time - dumb.

DiamondBacks5117

Registered
Reaction score
whatever the h is wrong with haren right now.... lets just hope webbs thing was just a one time thing. ill take two of three. on a good note lyon looked good.

OP
OP
Desert Rat

Desert Rat

Veteran
Reaction score
Haren better fix whatever's wrong right now, instead of later. I agree, he wasn't the same after all that baserunning, even so, he had no movement on his pitches, where was Bryan Price last night to confer with? Haren's explanation on the game... "Even though I'm not walking guys, my command just isn't there... I'm throwing plenty of strikes, but the strikes I'm throwing just aren't as quality as they've been in the past. I'm battling through a little bit of some funk with mechanics. I just don't feel exactly right out there. My arms feels great, but there's something wrong. I just wasn't able to correct it today.
It's frustrating, obviously, playing the Dodgers and not really having great stuff."

Alright, well make sure it doesn't happen again, Dan. Ditto for this Loss D-backs business.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I will be there tonight. My first game of the season. I'm hoping to see Webb win his 20th of the season and give us a nice lead in the division going into the final month.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Webbie already gave up a HR to Ethier....wonderful

Edit: Outstanding, a 3-run bomb. Webbie has lost complete control of his sinker

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Not even september and the dbacks are cracking under the pressure.....after tonight, the lead will be 2 1/2. I dont like those odds now that both Haren and Webb are struggling

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow. webb and jaren have been lights out most of the year but when it comes down to the biggest series of the season, at home, both get absolutely shelled by a team which had lost 7 straight games? Yikes.

OP
OP
Desert Rat

Desert Rat

Veteran
Reaction score
The good news is that this is just one game. The bad news, oh, it's one embarrassing game that baseball fans nationwide are watching. They're setting themselves set to mock the 1969 Cubs or 2007 Mets. :bang:
There's more, but I'm tired of thinking about it. My head hurts.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It is not just one game - it is 7 of the past 9. The excuses will soon be rolling in from the FO and staff - "We are young and really didn't expect much this year". "We had injuries which derailed us the past month".... Blah, blah, blah.

DiamondBacks5117

Registered
Reaction score
who new i feel more comfortable with petit and davis on the hill right now than webb and haren. i never woulda guessed.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
If Webb would push himself away from the table every once in awhile he might not run out of gas every September.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man that was a horrible game turned it off in the 5th inning was really not expecting Webb to pitch bad again :(. Well maybe we can take the game tommorow and atleast tie the series to get the lead back up to 3.5 games. Just sucks we have to play the dodgers in la before the season is over those games will be hard to win.

DiamondBacks5117

Registered
Reaction score
Man that was a horrible game turned it off in the 5th inning was really not expecting Webb to pitch bad again :(. Well maybe we can take the game tommorow and atleast tie the series to get the lead back up to 3.5 games. Just sucks we have to play the dodgers in la before the season is over those games will be hard to win.

right now i don't feel comfortable with the diamondbacks playing anyone let alone the dodgers. every series will be tough now. right when you thought things were getting better after that win on Friday we lose two in a row. The reason for me thinking this is because of the padres series. One team had to get lucky and win this series. hopefully the dodgers continue to play bad and we still win the division. I hope they don't get confidence from this series. on a good not we have are stopper RJ going tomorrow. adding to on a good note are bullpen did really well. they took it to the max!

Last edited:

Stallion

Cats, Cards, Bax, Suns
Reaction score
Our two aces have picked a terrible time to turn into a pair of threes. :(

The good news is we're still up 3 in the loss column. But we gotta start winning some games fast.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05