Does anyone care about this year's World Series?

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I heard today on the radio that this year's World Series has the lowest ratings ever. I am a big baseball fan but I can honestly say I have not watched an entire game. I do not care for either team and it looks like the Cardinals are going to be the champs with only 83 regular season wins. I don't like Tony LaRussa at all and would rather see Joe Torre win another ring than Tony.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way. I despise the Cards and should as a Cubs fan. However i would rather see them win it all before the Yankees anyday.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Not really. I went to school in StL, so I was cheering against them so I wouldnt have to listen to my friends go on and on. But yah, two pretty boring, not very good teams. The 2001 Dbacks probably wouldve swept either of these teams.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No way. I despise the Cards and should as a Cubs fan. However i would rather see them win it all before the Yankees anyday.

Ever since that Easter game against the Cardinals 3-4 years ago, I despise the Cardinals more than the Yankees, and that is saying a lot because I despise the Yankees.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pretty dumb managerial decisions by Leyland..... Rogers only takes the mound 1 time in 5 games? ...even after a rain out?

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
i watched a couple innings. only series i really watched this year was tigers vs. yankees. only because i was hoping to see the yankees go down in flames again! :thumbup:

baseball has alot of work to do. hardly any kids are watching any baseball nowadays. not good.

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
I watched the games with much intensity. Awesome job by the Cards. I don't care about them being the worst team record wise, how they backed into the post season, how the Mets were so decimated by injury, how the AL is so superior, or the lowest rated series. It came down to them playing the best baseball when it counted, had great great pitching, and made the fewest errors. It was well deserved. Great job Cards!!!!

...and my 6 year old son enjoyed almost every minute of it as well.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah I for one was excited to watch this series and see another team but the yankess or mets being their or boston for that matter and congrats to the cardinals for a great series and to the tigers for a great reg season and playoff run.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
I do, because before there was a team called the Arizona Diamondbacks for me to root for, I was a big fan of the Cards. I grew up around Ozzie, Willie McGee, Whitey Herzog and Jack Clark as heros.

Also, my late grandfather played in the Cardinal farm system in the late 40s/early 50s so I got some Cardinal in my blood.

AZZenny

Reaction score
I watched most of the games -- at least in the background -- because I wanted the Tigers to stomp LaRussa. Oh well.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't care about this year's World Series at all. Didn't even realize that St. Louis was up 3-1 til tonight.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
I'm glad it's now over, so it does have to take up sportscenter anymore.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
As a National League West (D'backs) fan, I root for the NL team west of the Mississippi in the series.

It was a bonus this year that we're represented by my second favorite team, the Cardinals. As a teenager in the '50's, my favorite ballplayer of all time (regardless of who my favorite team was) is Stan Musial.

It's nice to see there's one Cardinals team capable of winning. :)

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didnt even watch one game of the entire playoffs.

Which is unusual, actually.

Arby

Rookie
Reaction score
Nope, didn't care a lick...

Actually I was hoping that whoever won would win in a sweep, so we could get to the off season and all the hot stove action sooner.

Do us proud, Josh.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I thought the series went way too far into Oct. With the NFL in full swing , hockey allready in it's 1st full month and basketball starting up it takes away from the summer game. They play all yr. in the heat just about even in spring training just so they can get in 162 and decide the world championship in the cold. Just doesn't make sense. They need to have the series wraped up at least by the 2nd week of Oct. Play 8 less games or whatever - maybe they only need like 18 spring games or something, but that has to change.

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
Honestly since my two favorite teams are Baltimore and AZ, I didn't really care who won.Though I think it would have been nice for Detroit too win it, since my grandmother was always a Tigers fan.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
They play all yr. in the heat just about even in spring training just so they can get in 162 and decide the world championship in the cold. Just doesn't make sense. They need to have the series wraped up at least by the 2nd week of Oct. Play 8 less games or whatever - maybe they only need like 18 spring games or something, but that has to change.
Once upon a time, the schedules were 154 games. Hence, the asterisk when Roger Maris broke Babe Ruth's 60 HR record.

I wonder if that means that we'd see double-asterisks. :shrug:

The World Series used to be called The October Classic. Had the Tigers pitchers been taught how to throw (in addition to pitch), it would have been the October-November Classic.

HooverDam

Reaction score
The World Series used to be called The October Classic.

Huh? Ive never heard this, I always hear it called the FALL Classic, so really it could go from Sept-Early December (or however long fall is)

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Huh? Ive never heard this, I always hear it called the FALL Classic.
I've heard it referred to as both.
So really it could go from Sept-Early December (or however long fall is).
I guess they'll have to set a rule that only teams with enclosed stadiums can be in the World Series. :biglaugh:

Stallion

Cats, Cards, Bax, Suns
Reaction score
I didn't watch any entire games either. I was hoping the Tigers would win, but this IS good for the NL.

Go free agency.

RedRamage

Reaction score
What, no Tigers fans here?!? :)

So, what it the Tigers and some other NL team (other than the d'backs of course) are in the WS in '07... the Gibson hire make you root for them at all?

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
What, no Tigers fans here?!? :)

So, what it the Tigers and some other NL team (other than the d'backs of course) are in the WS in '07... the Gibson hire make you root for them at all?

Sorry bro, not many here cared at all. There was little to no interest. Gibson didn't get hired till last week so that didn't play a role. Congrats on your season though