Does Phoenix have a chance at signing DWILL?

sunsGM

Reaction score
Suns will have plenty of cap space to sign DWILL plus other good players.

Gortat(7)/Frye(6)
Ersan Ilyasova(8)/Morris(2)
Wallace(7)/Dudley(4)
Matthews(6.5)/Crawford(mini MLE 3.5 mil)
DWILL(17)/Telfair(1)

Trade Lopez/Childress/1st rd pick to Portland for Matthews
Trade warrick for future pick

That would be a good enough lineup to entice DWILL.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No.

He will either stay in New Jersey or go to Dallas. Thats it.

I am skeptical of Williams. I know he is surrounded by trash in Jersey, and I would almost certainly talk myself into him being great if he were on my team, but he has put up some garbage results for such a supposedly dominant player. The East is so bad that a player of his supposed caliber should be able to make that team at least 8th seed competitive and instead they were horrific. Then you have him being such poison in Utah that he got Jerry freakin Sloan fired and STILL was such a pain that Utah shipped him off to a panicking "just missed out on Carmelo" Nets.

Not saying he isnt a good player, but I dont think he is on the elite tier that he frequently gets placed on.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
No.

He will either stay in New Jersey or go to Dallas. Thats it.

I am skeptical of Williams. I know he is surrounded by trash in Jersey, and I would almost certainly talk myself into him being great if he were on my team, but he has put up some garbage results for such a supposedly dominant player. The East is so bad that a player of his supposed caliber should be able to make that team at least 8th seed competitive and instead they were horrific. Then you have him being such poison in Utah that he got Jerry freakin Sloan fired and STILL was such a pain that Utah shipped him off to a panicking "just missed out on Carmelo" Nets.

Not saying he isnt a good player, but I dont think he is on the elite tier that he frequently gets placed on.
d will is probably staying in new jersey from what I hear. But if he does come to dallas he would be paired with dirk which for both guys it would be a pairing that they have never really had (or in dirks case since steve left)

I think you can't really judge him entirely for new jersey's faults. he had success in utah with solid players and had games where he was better than chris paul head to head. he will be a great addition if dallas can somehow sign him. I'm not hearing too much optimism about it though.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We'll offer him the max and he probably won't take it. That's a given, no matter how much people hate our front office.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
We'll offer him the max and he probably won't take it. That's a given, no matter how much people hate our front office.

I hope he doesn't take it. I know I am in the minority, but I think that D-Will is one of the most overrated players in the league and of the biggest deauchebags in the entire NBA.

No thanks, I'll pass.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No.

Nor is anyone going to take Lopez and Childress for anything of value.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
No.

Nor is anyone going to take Lopez and Childress for anything of value.

I agree with you, but I actually want to see what Chilli can do as a starter (without Grant Hill.) I actually think he can have a great year if he get some serious minutes.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I agree with you, but I actually want to see what Chilli can do as a starter (without Grant Hill.) I actually think he can have a great year if he get some serious minutes.

He's a shooting guard THAT CAN'T SHOOT!!! Chilz is decent as a 8-9 guy at the back of a rotation, but as a starter? No thanks.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
He's a shooting guard THAT CAN'T SHOOT!!! Chilz is decent as a 8-9 guy at the back of a rotation, but as a starter? No thanks.

He is a small forward. His career FG% is over 50%, 33% from the three point line. For comparison, Hill shots 48% and 31% respectively.

He is a good defender, decent rebounder, good slasher.

Is he overpaid? Sure he is. Has he had a real chance to prove what he can do in the last two years? Definitely not.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, we are going after Lamar Odom instead, haven't you heard? See AZcentral.com

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
No, we are going after Lamar Odom instead, haven't you heard? See AZcentral.com
And here is what Odom tweeted. It looks likes he wants to have a good year as a stepping stone to his future careers.

Attachments

• odom.jpg
    odom.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 261

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
He is a small forward. His career FG% is over 50%, 33% from the three point line. For comparison, Hill shots 48% and 31% respectively.

He is a good defender, decent rebounder, good slasher.

Is he overpaid? Sure he is. Has he had a real chance to prove what he can do in the last two years? Definitely not.

Too small to be a legit SF. I don't care what his career percentages are, I'm worried about what he's done in the last 2 years, which is absolutely nothing.

And no chance to prove what he can do in the last two years? Do you even watch games? He's had plenty of opportunity to get minutes on a putrid team. The fact that he can't even get minutes on our team speaks volumes to his "ability" at this point, and the idea of him being a starter on a decent team is laughable.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Too small to be a legit SF. I don't care what his career percentages are, I'm worried about what he's done in the last 2 years, which is absolutely nothing.

And no chance to prove what he can do in the last two years? Do you even watch games? He's had plenty of opportunity to get minutes on a putrid team. The fact that he can't even get minutes on our team speaks volumes to his "ability" at this point, and the idea of him being a starter on a decent team is laughable.

Eh, we'll agree to disagree, I suppose. In my mind, 6'8 is big enough to be a legit SF. He is not any smaller than Marion. I watched most games, and Chilli played well every time he got a chance.

The whole argument is pointless as there is no chance in hell Sarver is gonna pay him $20M for nothing. He's not getting amnestied.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
haha lamar odumb. he will probably play for an LA minor league team.

as far as williams I don't know if he is overrated or not. either way superstar players get max contracts when they are free agents. he can do things that most guards in the league can't. he can dribble penetrate, shoot, and pass at an elite level. head to head he has shown up the other elite Point Guards in the league and you have to factor that he has never played with elite quality players around him. if mark cuban finally recruits a great player in the prime of his career to put next to dirk the mavs can be relevant again.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How about a sign and trade, Nash for DWayde? We can throw Kieff or Lopez in.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
How about a sign and trade, Nash for DWayde? We can throw Kieff or Lopez in.

You know, two months ago I would have called you insane for suggesting that, but right now, if I were Miami, I would have to think about that one. I'd ask for a bit more than Nash, but I would be open to some kind of a deal involving Wade and Nash. Wade for Nash and Gortat or Dudley, maybe?

I have concerns with that from the Suns perspective though. I am very disappointed with Wade's lack of leadership skills and his long history of various injuries. I'd also be hesitant to include Gortat or Dudley in the deal.

I think when it's all said and done, I'd rather be really bad for the next two years, work on compiling draft picks, and signing solid role-player free agents, than trade what little talent we have for Wade.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You know, two months ago I would have called you insane for suggesting that, but right now, if I were Miami, I would have to think about that one. I'd ask for a bit more than Nash, but I would be open to some kind of a deal involving Wade and Nash. Wade for Nash and Gortat or Dudley, maybe?

I have concerns with that from the Suns perspective though. I am very disappointed with Wade's lack of leadership skills and his long history of various injuries. I'd also be hesitant to include Gortat or Dudley in the deal.

I think when it's all said and done, I'd rather be really bad for the next two years, work on compiling draft picks, and signing solid role-player free agents, than trade what little talent we have for Wade.

Yep, even a few weeks ago, I would have thought the idea insane. But its pretty clear that the big 3 in Miami is flawed. You see right now how important Bosh is to that team. They are not getting rid of LeBron, so Wayde would be the one to go if they make a change.

The problem is that Wayde is 30 years old. If we keep Nash, Wayde would be a great addition, but we would not have anything to give for Wayde (outside of Gortat) except Nash. Kind of a catch 22. Interesting thought though. Nash and Dudley, Nash and Frye. Hmmm.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
You guys must be smoking something good, the idea that anyone would be interested in Nash/pu pu platter for Wade is laughably stupid. Nash is 39, and a free agent. You think they'll give up a top 10, arguably top 5 NBA player for him and some of the other puke on our roster?

Time to lay off the bong rips.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just having some fun speculation in a particularly dead time. You can lay of the drug references now.

chickenhead

Reaction score
It's hard for me to imagine the Heat trading Wade at this point. The fans feel it's his team, and to trade the fan favorite with the ring and putting everything on LeBron? If they continued to falter they'd never hear the end of it. Of course, if they continue to falter with LeBron and Wade they'll never hear the end of it, either. So a pretty fascinating idea. Wade certainly isn't going to get cheaper as he gets older, with four years left at approximately $17m, $19m, $20m, and $22m (player options on the last two).

cly2tw

Reaction score
I believe all 3 in Miami have a contract that has an opt-out clause after 3 years. So, Wade can opt out after the 12/13 season, which makes him at least in a position of Howard/Paul/Melo in recent theaters. Besides, they were their own managers to want to be together, Heat was just happy to accommodate. If they break up, they sure have some say in how it should be worked out.
Talent wise, Heat don't need Nash's PG skill that mcuh because LBJ is good enough to burden all the ball handling duties. So, Nash would be a luxury. Given his age and non existence of defense, I doubt Heat would be want him even just for the MLE, not to mention ship Wade for him.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bosh is the only guy of the 3 I think Miami would consider shopping, and I think they would want multiple quality players in return to fill roster gaps for them. But I dont think they could get offered the level of players that would make the swap worth it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05