Dolphins WR Boston arrested in Vermont

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
By Alex Marvez and Harvey Fialkov
Sun-Sentinel
Posted October 23 2004

DAVIE · Dolphins wide receiver David Boston was arrested Tuesday night in Vermont on a charge of simple assault at the Burlington International Airport.

A Burlington Police Department report stated Boston was arrested for an alleged assault against Ed Gorchinski, a 59-year-old ticket/gate agent. Boston, 26, is cited to appear in court in December, according to a police report.

Further details of the arrest are being compiled by Burlington police, spokesman Wade Labrecque said early Saturday morning.

Boston, who suffered a season-ending knee injury in August, has been rehabilitating in Vermont. Boston also recently underwent a second knee surgery in Vermont stemming from an infection.

Agent Mitch Frankel didn't return a telephone message late Friday seeking comment. The Dolphins are declining comment until receiving more information about the arrest.

The Dolphins acquired Boston from San Diego last March for a 2005 sixth-round draft choice in hopes he would help upgrade their wide receiver corps. But Boston, who led the NFL in receiving yards in 2001, tore his left patella tendon during a joint practice with the Houston Texans.

Boston pleaded no contest to a charge of driving under the influence of drugs in March 2002 while playing for Arizona. Signed by San Diego in the 2003 offseason, Boston was suspended for one game last year for conduct detrimental to the team.

Boston had no legal or disciplinary problems since being acquired by the Dolphins.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
what a freak. When they give up on this guy completely in the NFL, I foresee many years of him as a jailbird

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you, Mr. Graves for having the b*lls to let this guy walk. I didn't mind then and I sure don't mind now.

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
I think his NFL career is just about over. That guy is an injury prone trouble maker everywhere he goes. He might make a good Raider.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Like I said, this dude will be dead or in prison by age 30

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isnt he from Humble, Texas too? That's kinda funny.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
Like I said, this dude will be dead or in prison by age 30
I believe that Mean Joe was quoted as saying the same, if he didn't shape up.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a waste.

Hope everyone that critized the Cards for letting Boston walk is eating some Crow about now.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
slanidrac16 said:
Thank you, Mr. Graves for having the b*lls to let this guy walk. I didn't mind then and I sure don't mind now.

It was 1 of the major turning points for this team.

The dropping of Boston.
:thumbup:

1st Cards Fan

Reaction score
Just think, If we would have kept this guy, which is what half of the fans wanted, look what we would be dealing with. Not to mention I doubt we would have ever drafted Quan. Maybe the Cards luck is changing!