Don't be surprised if Cards take a hard look

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As I said, I like Miller a lot. Maybe the best scenario--if at all possible--is to trade down a few slots in the first to add an extra 2nd rounder and then be able to take Blalock and Miller! Now that would be sweeeeet!!!

Two wrongs do make a right. I don't believe it is even a remote chance they take Miller. There are several better blocking tight ends that we can take in round 3/4 and pick up either a class LB or DB in round 2 if we dont land Tor B.

If by some reason they take AP in round 1 (wrong move IMO) then you can be totally assured they will take the best available OT in round 2.

Second wrong. We cannot get a 2 and switch 1's by dropping just a few, say down to no lower than 9. These are my humble educated guesses at this hour.[/quote]

dropping down to 9 would give the cardinals a 3rd, 4th, and 5th as compensation. The number 5 pick is worth 1700 points. The Number nine pick is worth 1350. The dolphins 3rd round pick is worth 225pts, 4th round 84 pts, and 5th round 37.5. The dolphins would still owe the cardinals 3.5 points.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
dropping down to 9 would give the cardinals a 3rd, 4th, and 5th as compensation. The number 5 pick is worth 1700 points. The Number nine pick is worth 1350. The dolphins 3rd round pick is worth 225pts, 4th round 84 pts, and 5th round 37.5. The dolphins would still owe the cardinals 3.5 points.

That point system isn't like a lock, some teams will take less than what the draft point board takes just to get something. Peter King had an article on that very thing a week or so back about how the Panthers took less than fair market value to trade down because they were targeting Kerry Collins anyway. Plus if nobody else is looking to make a trade up the Cards can't exactly make any demands.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That point system isn't like a lock, some teams will take less than what the draft point board takes just to get something. Peter King had an article on that very thing a week or so back about how the Panthers took less than fair market value to trade down because they were targeting Kerry Collins anyway. Plus if nobody else is looking to make a trade up the Cards can't exactly make any demands.

I know the point system ins't a lock. Just going by the book on what the value is. That is why you have to be ready to make the pick if you can't get a deal you like.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
by the way Arizona Cardinals state of franchise is on NFL total Access right now.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Which players in the draft have anything BUT potential?

Excellent point, no player is a 100% sure thing, everyone of them has potential but no guarantees. Even though I think Joe Thomas is a near lock even then there is a chance he will bust.

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have a strange solution for the tight end problem. Move Quan into the tight end position and draft Johnson for a wr. After watching the Bears game, I was certainly impressed with the blocking he exhibited and feel like that is the best alternative available at tight end.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Anything interesting?

Nope. All they said was that if Peterson and Thomas was gone they should draft Landry to have the bes saftey tandum in the league for several years. The state of the franchise is 5-11 until proven other wise.