Down but not out

LakerReign

Reaction score
I'm gonna keep this short and sweet. I am a Laker fan who believes that Nash is the true MVP(even today) and you can imagine how many verbal squirmishs I've been in on some of the Laker forums voicing this opinion. You guys seem to think this series is already over, but I'm here to tell you, if the Suns win game 5, they will go on to win the series. Mark my words, L.A. does not want a game 6, they know they were extremely lucky to pull out with a victory yesterday and they do not want to go through that twice. They are going to bring everything they have into game 5, if Phoenix can sustain the Laker push and come out with the victory it becomes a whole different series. The Lakers will be in a must win situation in game 6 because if they come back to Phoenix(game 7), it's over, Suns advance.

Phoenix will win game 5 and the series.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
elindholm said:
LOL

My guess is it's one of us, trying a little anti-trolling to get back at the resident Laker fans.

At least it's a nice sentiment.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What are stats on how many times a team has come back to win a 7 game series after having been down 1-3?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 I beileve. Barkley's Suns were one of the last to lose after being up 3-1 to Houston in 94.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Absolute Zero said:
What are stats on how many times a team has come back to win a 7 game series after having been down 1-3?

The team up 3-1 has won the series 95% of the time

Djaughe

Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
The team up 3-1 has won the series 95% of the time

So yer telling us there is a chance! :thumbup: :D

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hmmmm....

Path of the Suns fan after a dramatic loss:
1) Anger
2) Hate
3) Rage
4) Unrealistic expectations

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Hmmmm....

Path of the Suns fan after a dramatic loss:
1) Anger
2) Hate
3) Rage
4) Unrealistic expectations
How is this different from what us Cardinal fans go through??

Heck, we don't even have to lose dramatically.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
NEZCardsfan said:
How is this different from what us Cardinal fans go through??

Heck, we don't even have to lose dramatically.

Actually now that you mention it, I think Cardinals fans go through this even after a victory

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Actually now that you mention it, I think Cardinals fans go through this even after a victory

At least as a Cardinal fan we don't have to worring about the playoffs.

gdiddy

Registered
Reaction score
Didn't the 93-94 and 94-95 Phoenix Suns go up 3-1 against the Houston Rockets? I remember the series so well from 94-95, we had home court, and Mario Ellie hit the 3 pointer in game 7 that put the Rockets up by one, 115-114 I believe.

And anybody remember the Westphal guarantee? Back in the first round of the 92-93 post season, the Suns were down 0-2, in a best of five series, against the Lakers? Westphal had some balls to say "We're gonna win this series" when being down 0-2.

Weren't the Pittsburgh Steelers the first 6 seed to win a Superbowl?

I'm not making a case for us to win the series. But what I am saying is, hey, anything can happen.

jibikao

Reaction score
I thought last playoff Mavs came back from 1-3 or 0-3?

jibikao

Reaction score
LakerReign said:
I'm gonna keep this short and sweet. I am a Laker fan who believes that Nash is the true MVP(even today) and you can imagine how many verbal squirmishs I've been in on some of the Laker forums voicing this opinion. You guys seem to think this series is already over, but I'm here to tell you, if the Suns win game 5, they will go on to win the series. Mark my words, L.A. does not want a game 6, they know they were extremely lucky to pull out with a victory yesterday and they do not want to go through that twice. They are going to bring everything they have into game 5, if Phoenix can sustain the Laker push and come out with the victory it becomes a whole different series. The Lakers will be in a must win situation in game 6 because if they come back to Phoenix(game 7), it's over, Suns advance.

D-Dog? Wait... it's A-bomb.

Ode to Ocho

Registered
Reaction score
LakerReign said:

Didn't know closet Suns fan existed.

OP
OP
L

LakerReign

Reaction score
My prediction is holding true to form, Saturday night the Suns move on.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
LakerReign said:
:thumbup:

It is going to be another fight... nothing is given in this league. But we needed this to stay alive.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jibikao said:
D-Dog? Wait... it's A-bomb.

Please brother, don't insult me like that.

I'm incensed at this troll and his idiotic attempt at goading people into talking trash.

You and I have been, and are, having our battles, but you're a billion times the poster this guy is, whoever he really is. I tell you one thing, this guy couldn't tell you who owned the Lakers in the 70's or how the Lakers got Mikan to sign. Or what the Gems means.

[right now, Laker Feign is scrambling to Google like a caught burglar looking for the exit door]

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LakerReign said:

I am so happy for you. Your dedication to your team is amazing...simply incredible.

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
Absolute Zero said:

the pistons were 3-1 down in the first round a few years ago against the magic and came back to win in game 7.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05