Draft according to Sportcenter

wierwolf

Koolaid Guzzler
Reaction score
When they had the Cardinals "On the Clock," they picked them to get Justice. But also added that if Cutler is there, we have to consider him as well....

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
sounds right to me...I still think Huff and a player like AJ Hawk might be a possibility if he falls to us. Strange things happen on draft time.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
wierwolf said:
When they had the Cardinals "On the Clock," they picked them to get Justice. But also added that if Cutler is there, we have to consider him as well....
If you run through the 9 first picks and takes the logical pick every time, then we end up with Ngata or Cutler from the blue-chip group. I think Justice is rated higher on this team's board than Ngata, but probably not higher than Cutler.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BACH said:
If you run through the 9 first picks and takes the logical pick every time, then we end up with Ngata or Cutler from the blue-chip group. I think Justice is rated higher on this team's board than Ngata, but probably not higher than Cutler.
I wonder. It could very well be that Cutler is rated below Justice. I'd bet it'd be close, and even with our Oline woes I think it's because QB is more an area of need (keeping in mind that a QB won't be ready to play in year 1 and Warner is no spring chicken).

I'd bet that in comparing these three players it looks like this:

1a. Justice
1b. Cutler
....lots of distance here...
2. Ngata

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jetstream Green said:
sounds right to me...I still think Huff and a player like AJ Hawk might be a possibility if he falls to us. Strange things happen on draft time.

SJ Mercurys news projected SF to take Hawk "if he's still there", which implies they think he won't get to 6 let alone 10. We'll see LB's seem to slip every year so he might too, but I doubt he gets to 10.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
after you clear away the dust you find that cutler has won 11 games in 3 years...please don't tell me he played for a bad team....he was the most important element of vandy.....logic says stick with guys from programs that are winners...no?? again i submit if G&G want to continue working in AZ drafting Cutler will not lead to a paycheck next year...I don't believe Graves is working under a contract now by the way.

CardsFan222

Rookie
Reaction score
sims is up on there board to

Winston Justice is a reach imop

And everyone keeps saying that the cards wont draft a QB because he wont help this year

Well if thats the thinking, Then why would we pick an O-lineman in the first round? If Young is there, then the cards will pick him. If not,

I am all about Ernie Sims

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
wierwolf said:

There was a big debate on Sports Center about whether the Jets would take Cutler. Some think they like him better than any of the QB's. A number of the Gurus now think Houston will pass on Bush. They have bigger needs.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
lobo said:
after you clear away the dust you find that cutler has won 11 games in 3 years...please don't tell me he played for a bad team....he was the most important element of vandy.....logic says stick with guys from programs that are winners...no?? again i submit if G&G want to continue working in AZ drafting Cutler will not lead to a paycheck next year...I don't believe Graves is working under a contract now by the way.

How did Charlie Ward work out? How about Gino Torretta? Heath Shuler, Danny Awful, Joey Harrington, Any Notre Dame Qb for the last 15 to 20 years.. you get the point... winning programs and QB's success in the NFL mean absolutely nothing.