Draft Questions

Lomax15

Reaction score
1)I know that the order for determining selection for the first round is decided by opponents winning %, but what about the following rounds? Since we finished in a 4 way tie for worst record, what round will we have the first pick, is it the 3rd? Also, has anyone heard what type of compensation we might receive for losing Boston and Plummer? I know there is a formula and they will subtract the free agents we signed but we receive the last pick in the 3rd round a couple of years ago for losing Simeon and that led to us drafting D. Johnson.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The draft order remains the same throughout the draft. We'll select #3 overall, then #35, then #67, then it gets a little funky as "compensatory picks" start working their way in. But those first three picks are going to be set in stone, barring a trade.

Compensatory picks are a little wierd. Don't expect much, frankly. Maybe we'll get a 4th and a 7th, but I don't really predict the 3rd rounder that some on this board are. We really only lost a handful of players to other teams, and only D. Boston and J. Plummer did anything. I don't know how it works out, exactly.

OP
OP
L

Lomax15

Reaction score
I think you are wrong about us picking 3rd in each round, just look at last years draft when we picked 6th behind the Cowboys in the first round but had the 37th pick in the 2nd round while the 'Boys picked 38th.

Walter Mitchell

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Since there are four teams tied at 4-12...the Cardinals will pick third in the first #3(strength of schedule, starts the rotation)...second in the second round, #34....first in the third, #65...then fourth in the 4th, third in the 5th, second in the 6th and first in the 7th.

SMAC

Nobody Beats the Wiz!
Reaction score
Teams with tied records pick in an alternate fashion after the first round. As a matter of fact, the Cardinals will have the opening pick of round two (pick 33) because Oakland doesn't have their second round choice (traded to Houston draft day 2003). Houston then used the pick to select Tony Hollings rb in the supplemental draft in July.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by Walter Mitchell
Since there are four teams tied at 4-12...the Cardinals will pick third in the first #3(strength of schedule, starts the rotation)...second in the second round, #34....first in the third, #65...then fourth in the 4th, third in the 5th, second in the 6th and first in the 7th.

Wow... Learn something new every day. Thanks, Walt!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan