Reaction score
1. Chris Wells, RB, Ohio St.

2. Duke Robinson, G. Oklahoma.

3. Sherrod Martin, FS, Troy.

4. Jason Phillips, ILB, TCU.

5. Sammie Lee Hill, 34DE, Stillman.

6. Edwin Williams, C, Maryland.

7A. Stryker Sulak, 34OLB, Missouri.

7B. Pierre Walters, 34OLB, Eastern Illinois.

What do you think? Would you be happy?

(1) Wells at #31...that would be a surprise...but I do think it is quite possible. Draft Tek had Donald Brown going higher than Wells. I too think that is possible...but I would be surprised if Brown is off the board at #31. I think that gibe the choice the Cardinals would take Donald Brown. He fits the offense better, IMO.

(2) Duke Robinson is the highest rated G in this draft...but the versatile centers like Mack, Unger and Wood are getting more attention. I seriously doubt Robinson will be available at #63, but you never know. I am quite convinced that if the Cardinals take a RB at #31, they will take a pass rusher at #63 and TH's Richmond teammate, Lawrence Sidbury, is avialable at that pick (per Draft Tek)...I think Sidbury's the choice.

(3) I would do backflips if the Cardinals take Sherrod Martin at #95. He's DRC's size...and flies around the field...has the range and playmaking skills the Cardinals have needed at FS in passing situations.

(4) The book on Jason Phillips is quite mixed...the biggest knock on him is that he's a drag you down tackler and not a big hitter. The guy had over 350 tackles in his career so that's great productivity...but I think he's too much of a reach here. I think if the Cardinals do take a pass rusher at #63 as I expect, then this pick is on an o-lineman and Draft Tek has the versailte G T.J. Lang of Eastern Michigan available here. Or the Cardinals tabbed Gabe atson in the 4th round...perhaps they take fellow Wolverine DT Terrence Taylor here.

(5) Sammie Lee Hill is an intriguing small school prospect. But, the way the Cardinals have recently been hitting the jackpot in the 5th round, I think the Cardinals will spurprise us all with this pick...it will be their best super-sleeper in the draft.

(6) I do not like Williams...not strong enough at the point of attack. Good college center, for sure, but, IMO, they alreasy have a better player at #2 C in Donovan Raiola. I would actualy like the 7A pick here, Stryker Sulak, the OLB pass rusher from Missouri. To me he's the Paul Kruger of the second day and I think Kruger would be just what the Cardinals need.

(7A). Like Sulak a lot and hope the Cardinals take him. I do think he will go in the 6th round, not the 7th.

(7B). Walters is a good prospect who popped a hammy while running at the Northwestern pro day. At this point he would be a solid choice. But the wild card in this draft that I want is WR Brennan Marion of Tulsa. Draft him and sign Walters as a UCFA and I'm happy.

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score
There mock is computer driven. I have been trying to get them to change there PRI on positions and I am thinking I am making headway.

If you want to E-Mail them here is the POC. Long Ball, At [email protected].

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
A quality draft all around, I would say good value with every pick. The only downside I see is that the pass rushing OLB position is not addressed. Going into next year with our injury prone and/or old OLBs scares me.

LittleDavis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1. Chris Wells, RB, Ohio St.

2. Duke Robinson, G. Oklahoma.

3. Sherrod Martin, FS, Troy.

4. Jason Phillips, ILB, TCU.

5. Sammie Lee Hill, 34DE, Stillman.

6. Edwin Williams, C, Maryland.

7A. Stryker Sulak, 34OLB, Missouri.

7B. Pierre Walters, 34OLB, Eastern Illinois.

What do you think? Would you be happy?

(1) Wells at #31...that would be a surprise...but I do think it is quite possible. Draft Tek had Donald Brown going higher than Wells. I too think that is possible...but I would be surprised if Brown is off the board at #31. I think that gibe the choice the Cardinals would take Donald Brown. He fits the offense better, IMO.

(2) Duke Robinson is the highest rated G in this draft...but the versatile centers like Mack, Unger and Wood are getting more attention. I seriously doubt Robinson will be available at #63, but you never know. I am quite convinced that if the Cardinals take a RB at #31, they will take a pass rusher at #63 and TH's Richmond teammate, Lawrence Sidbury, is avialable at that pick (per Draft Tek)...I think Sidbury's the choice.

(3) I would do backflips if the Cardinals take Sherrod Martin at #95. He's DRC's size...and flies around the field...has the range and playmaking skills the Cardinals have needed at FS in passing situations.

(4) The book on Jason Phillips is quite mixed...the biggest knock on him is that he's a drag you down tackler and not a big hitter. The guy had over 350 tackles in his career so that's great productivity...but I think he's too much of a reach here. I think if the Cardinals do take a pass rusher at #63 as I expect, then this pick is on an o-lineman and Draft Tek has the versailte G T.J. Lang of Eastern Michigan available here. Or the Cardinals tabbed Gabe atson in the 4th round...perhaps they take fellow Wolverine DT Terrence Taylor here.

(5) Sammie Lee Hill is an intriguing small school prospect. But, the way the Cardinals have recently been hitting the jackpot in the 5th round, I think the Cardinals will spurprise us all with this pick...it will be their best super-sleeper in the draft.

(6) I do not like Williams...not strong enough at the point of attack. Good college center, for sure, but, IMO, they alreasy have a better player at #2 C in Donovan Raiola. I would actualy like the 7A pick here, Stryker Sulak, the OLB pass rusher from Missouri. To me he's the Paul Kruger of the second day and I think Kruger would be just what the Cardinals need.

(7A). Like Sulak a lot and hope the Cardinals take him. I do think he will go in the 6th round, not the 7th.

(7B). Walters is a good prospect who popped a hammy while running at the Northwestern pro day. At this point he would be a solid choice. But the wild card in this draft that I want is WR Brennan Marion of Tulsa. Draft him and sign Walters as a UCFA and I'm happy.

I am in Charleston, Illinois(Eastern Illinois University). This kid was good but I am not sure what he would do against elite competition.

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
i think sd will take beanie wells with their #1 which i think is 16. they make no secret of their love affair for him over KMoreno, or that they need a franchise back for the next 5-10 years. oh well that sucks for us; I was hoping beyond hope to get a shot at wells at 31.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I dont like it.

First I dont trust a draft site that is saying Sammie Lee Hill is a 3-4 DE. He is a 330 pound NT/DT through and through.

Duke Robinson doesnt play with any brains at all, he is just a Gorilla and not one of those Gorilla's that can do sign language. Penalty machine.

Not taking a pass rusher until the 7th round?

I like Wells, Martin and Hill.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
There mock is computer driven. I have been trying to get them to change there PRI on positions and I am thinking I am making headway.

If you want to E-Mail them here is the POC. Long Ball, At [email protected].

You can make your own team needs board rating the positions and simulate the draft as well. I don't know if you knew that. :)

Yeah , I'd go Wells in the 1st, Duke Robinson in the 2nd. Don't see that occuring though..

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I dont like it.

First I dont trust a draft site that is saying Sammie Lee Hill is a 3-4 DE. He is a 330 pound NT/DT through and through.

Duke Robinson doesnt play with any brains at all, he is just a Gorilla and not one of those Gorilla's that can do sign language. Penalty machine.

Not taking a pass rusher until the 7th round?

I like Wells, Martin and Hill.

I agree. Even though Hill played DE in college he is definitely a NT.
I would switch out Robinson with Sidbury or Cody Brown.

cgolden

Registered
Reaction score
It's also worth mentioning that Phillips tore his ACL in off season workouts so he'll probably be on IR before camp starts. Not that means he's undraftable but just so you know that whoever drafts him will get nothing from him as a rookie.

cgolden

Registered
Reaction score

(2) Duke Robinson is the highest rated G in this draft...but the versatile centers like Mack, Unger and Wood are getting more attention. I seriously doubt Robinson will be available at #63, but you never know. I am quite convinced that if the Cardinals take a RB at #31, they will take a pass rusher at #63 and TH's Richmond teammate, Lawrence Sidbury, is available at that pick (per Draft Tek)...I think Sidbury's the choice.

(1) I have no problem taking the best RB on the board and if that's Wells than so be it.

(2) I agree I'd rather have a pass rusher than a guard but drafting a RB in the first and a guard in the second could greatly improve a running game that sucked last year. They've got Sidbury listed as a 20 pick reach in the early third which means that the Buffalo rep probably has a 'grab' on him but a second round pick on Sidbury is probably too much of a reach for their computer model.

(3) I share your love for Martin. He'd be a great pick because he could play all over the place in the secondary. Most are projecting him as a corner even though he played safety in college.

john7432

Reaction score
[/b]

I am in Charleston, Illinois(Eastern Illinois University). This kid was good but I am not sure what he would do against elite competition.

What do you mean Pierre Walters wouldn’t do well against competition other than the OVC? He DOMINATED at the Texas v. Nation all star game (4 tackles, 2 tfls, 1.5 sacks) and practices. The tackle from Arkansas couldn’t block him to save his life! And he whipped most the tackles during practices. Along with being a weight room beast, I think he is a very under-rated prospect that teams should tap in to more. One of my sleeper favorites. PLUS, maybe converted DT or 3-4 end if add another 20-25 lbs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05