Draft!!!!

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
if the season ended today.. i think the we would be picking fourth in the draft:

alt,sd,jax would be ahead of us.. they all have a QB already, so they probalby wont take Eli then, my worry is that these three wont think anyone else is worthy of a top three pick, thus trading it away to someone that wants Eli bad.

my question is: do we stand pat and hope for Eli to be there or should we go for it and traded up as far as needed to be assured Eli.. #1 this year and maybe even #1 next year to get our franchise QB..

your input please.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
I'm not a pro scout, so I'm basing this on The War Room's ratings. Roethlisberger is rated just as high as Eli and if the coaching staff shares that opinion, then I would stay put.

However, if Graves and the (new) coaching staff really wants Eli Manning, then trade up. We talking about a Franchise Quarterback that's going to lead the team for 10 years, and if they perfer one over the other then trade up and secure the player that you want. A quarterback is like a girlfriend - would you settle for second best?

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by BACH
I'm not a pro scout, so I'm basing this on The War Room's ratings. Roethlisberger is rated just as high as Eli and if the coaching staff shares that opinion, then I would stay put.

However, if Graves and the (new) coaching staff really wants Eli Manning, then trade up. We talking about a Franchise Quarterback that's going to lead the team for 10 years, and if they perfer one over the other then trade up and secure the player that you want. A quarterback is like a girlfriend - would you settle for second best?

Good post. I would sit tight and pick up Roethlisberger if he was there (if Eli was gone). If not, draft CBs. As Section11 said, go full bore on one side of the ball or the other.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No matter what happens we need to sit tight. If both QBs are off the board by the time we pick, that probably means that we have some pretty big-time playmakers still to chose from . Roy Williams. Chris Gamble. Marlin Jackson. And probably some other guys who's value will jump enough to get them to be considered top-ten.

We need to try to get a "can't miss" type player, and we have some holes to fill, so we should be able to take a player like that and still fill a position of need.

QB
CB
WR
DE*

*I think we ought to stay away from the Dline in the draft this year, though. We need to get an established "stud" edge pass rusher in FA or through a trade. We don't have the luxury of even a slight gamble at this position anymore. We need production from day one. One guy like this and that whole line becomes exponentially better. I don't think the problem is our DTs, so that's why I haven't listed that as a position of need.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by earthsci
Good post. I would sit tight and pick up Roethlisberger if he was there (if Eli was gone). If not, draft CBs. As Section11 said, go full bore on one side of the ball or the other.

if we really could move down and get Hall, Taylor and Starks comes back and we sign a FA CB that would be a godsend. I don't want to get into the situation the chargers did where they threw everyone out there and now have the worst pass defense in the NFL. We need to have at least 2 experienced NFL starters there.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jrjbritt
if the season ended today.. i think the we would be picking fourth in the draft:

alt,sd,jax would be ahead of us.. they all have a QB already, so they probalby wont take Eli then, my worry is that these three wont think anyone else is worthy of a top three pick, thus trading it away to someone that wants Eli bad.

my question is: do we stand pat and hope for Eli to be there or should we go for it and traded up as far as needed to be assured Eli.. #1 this year and maybe even #1 next year to get our franchise QB..

your input please.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/storypage.php?Story_ID=352&Category=cardinals

If we don't have the 1st pick, it would take a king's ransom to get him. I really believe he will be the 1st pick in the draft.

tigertat

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by jrjbritt

your input please.
''

Actually we would be picking #6 as of this week becuase of strength of schedule stuff. Here is a good site to keep up to date on where tames will be drafting and is updated every Monday. http://www.gbnreport.com/2004draftorder.htm

With that in mind there is no way we trade up to get Manning. We would have to give up way to much. So I say stand still and pick up Ben he isnt a bad backup plan at all. In fact I think he will be just as good as Manning in 2005.

PsyberDevil

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It doesn't matter who the Cruds draft.
They've always sucked.
They suck.
And they always will suck!

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Originally posted by PsyberDevil
They've always sucked.
They suck.

Why don't you just come out and say you want to be banned. TROLL:barf:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I don't think Manning is going to be the 1st pick in the draft.There's just too many great skilled position players in this draft,especially if Fitzgerald becomes elgible.But,then again,Qb's are at a premium.I just don't see how Manning could get picked higher than Leftwich was.Manning has the name but i think Lefty is much better.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
YO GUYS!!!

We still have some football left to be played. Seriously, we should save the draft nonsense until we throw the last grain of dirt on this season.

8ndkorner

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by PsyberDevil
They've always sucked.
They suck.

Yeah, you would be an expert here. Your sun deviled eggs are really tearing it up.

I'm starting to wonder if SDS is cursed. We'll know soon enough. Too bad your stuck there huh?

And stay away from our air conditioned state of the freaking art stadium.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by 8ndkorner
Yeah, you would be an expert here. Your sun deviled eggs are really tearing it up.

I'm starting to wonder if SDS is cursed. We'll know soon enough. Too bad your stuck there huh?

And stay away from our air conditioned state of the freaking art stadium.

LOL!!!! Let em know 8!!!

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You know Eli will be there and they won't take, We all targeted Leftwich and Suggs last year at this time and we ended up with Johnson and Pace, I feel this will happen again

artp

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think Eli will be there when we pick and I don't think Roethensberger is worth a top 5 pick. I do believe we need to draft a QB. I would love to see Eli. But, don't trade down. Take the best possible athlete. Great players make great plays. We need more great players.
Sign a FA QB and draft one in rds 1-3.

seesred

Reaction score
I hope we get 1 of the two big timers at QB. Bllake would be a great teacher and they would be set going into 2005, just 1 year away with a top notch QB. If not we have to fill 2-3 holes. I hope we get a stud D- line guy FREE agent. I agree this must be filled from free agency. WE need a closer CB and another WR.

I like our team and I think we are real close maybe 3-4 top players to get into post season. Bt the way get over D. Boston going for nothing. At this point in our livesc he isa not here and we need not to see his name as It doesn't efect us anymore one way or the other. And as for the idiot with that bad mouth post , grow up, you are the reasons most of these boards are bad. Get A life and leave ours alone.

GBR

Hope to see everyone at Paysons place on Sunday....