Kyler Murray Appreciation Thread

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
10 percent to Murray just excuses almost all of his immaturity issues. A truly great QB, or at least one that wants to be great, doesn't pout, develop bad habits, or not put in the book work even under bad coaching. They do their best regardless, and while I think Kyler did his best physically, he didn't do near enough, IMO, with the intellectual part of being a QB. Like, not nearly enough.

I'd go evensies all around. 25 percent each to KM for stated reasons, 25 percent each to Keim and Kliffy for obvious reasons, and a good 25 percent share to Dollar Bill's son Mikey, who is so inept as to be almost criminal. They were all equally culpable to me.

The ghost of Dollar Bill still haunts us for sure!

The young ones don't even know my friend.

Last edited:

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
SMH is right.

Kyler had an incredible game. So did Kamara. It was a coin flip between the two for best player of the week. What exactly is the nefarious agenda you believe the NFL has against Kyler?
My post wasn't about some " nefarious agenda " or " conspiracy " involving Kyler Murray. However, Let's get to my point.
One guy had a great game ( Kamara, not taking anything from his performance ) and one guy had a spectacular game ( Murray, something that is rarely ever done in the NFL ). Like it or hate it, Most professional sports leagues still consider Arizona a small market. When I stated " Agenda ", that was simply stating the obvious, which is outside of Arizona, the Cardinals ( as well as other Arizona sports teams ) are pretty much ignored by the national media. It would make more sense for the NFL to give an offensive player of the week award early in the season to a member of a team that they consider to have a larger market and a higher sale of merchandise.
That's all I meant by " Agenda ". Hope that answered it for ya ! ! !

Last edited:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My post wasn't about some " nefarious agenda " or " conspiracy " involving Kyler Murray. However, Let's get to my point.
One guy had a great game ( Kamara, not taking anything from his performance ) and one guy had a spectacular game ( Murray, something that is rarely ever done in the NFL ). Like it or hate it, Most professional sports leagues still consider Arizona a small market. When I stated " Agenda ", that was simply stating the obvious, which is outside of Arizona, the Cardinals ( as well as other Arizona sports teams ) are pretty much ignored by the national media. It would make more sense for the NFL to give an offensive player of the week award early in the season to a member of a team that they consider to have a larger market and a higher sale of merchandise.
Well New Orleans is a much smaller market then Phoenix to be fair...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Orleans is in no way shape or form a bigger market than Phoenix.

And 190 yards and 4 TDs is a spectacular game. And it came on the road, against a team with Super Bowl hype.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler was great on Sunday. Really super.

Also it was one game. I'll come back here at the end of the season.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

And 190 yards and 4 TDs is a spectacular game. And it came on the road, against a team with Super Bowl hype.
Yeah New Orleans is actually significantly smaller than Phoenix. The Phoenix Metro has the population of Louisiana.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

There are going to be ups and downs for sure Britcard!

But what many of are saying is the addition better coaching, offensive personnel, and off-the-field preparation are going to allow Murray to finally, and decisively, realize his full potential. Which, coming out of college was always, at a minimum, a top three player in the league.

There may be some future games where K1 is contained, but there will be way way more where's he's lethal, and many where he's simply unstoppable, like this past Sunday.

For those of us who have been watching Murray since college, Sunday was actually predictable, and what I'm confidently telling you this morning is that a great, league-MVP type 2024 season for K1 is inevitable!

If we can keep this offensive group together, and build the defense more in this next draft/FA period, I'm confident we'll win the NFC in 2025, and get back to the big game!

Last edited:

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score

sadly, we arent getting a 158 qb rating every game

but i am super curious what the improvement in 2024 stats / rating might be from hitting his deep throws at the same rate he did from 1999-2021

still the great mystery-- why a guy who hit deep throws at an outstanding rate for his first three years suddenly became the worst for a ~16 game stretch

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are going to be ups and downs for sure Britcard!

But what many of are saying is the addition better coaching, offensive personnel, and off-the-field preparation are going to allow Murray to finally, and decisively, realize his full potential. Which, coming out of college was always, at a minimum, a top three player in the league.

There may be some future games where K1 is contained, but there are way way more where's he's lethal, and many where he's simply unstoppable, like this past Sunday.

For those of us who have been watching Murray since college, Sunday was actually predictable, and what I'm confidently telling you this morning is that a great, league-MVP type 2024 season for K1 is inevitable!

If we can keep this offensive group together, and build the defense more in this next draft/FA period, I'm confident we'll win the NFC in 2025, and get back to the big game!

but i am super curious what the improvement in 2024 stats / rating might be from hitting his deep throws at the same rate he did from 1999-2021

still the great mystery-- why a guy who hit deep throws at an outstanding rate for his first three years suddenly became the worst for a ~16 game stretch

I get that, and I don't need 158 passer rating every game. I just need him to be consistently good and be accurate with his passing to all parts o fthe field as he was on Sunday.

602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score

Did you not see him play last season when we finished with the number 1 offense in the nfl when he was playing?

Keep that one game energy though it’s fun to watch.

602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score

It’s called his weapons were injured or gone.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Exactly.

Plus individual awards mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.

The only award that matters is the Lombardi Trophy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05