Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
...will be in town Tuesday to meet with the Cardinals

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
I think Rudd would be a very good pick-up, but I think that LB is not a needed position.. we need to fill CB first then maybe take Rudd.. if we did get him where would he play.. ILD.OLB.. take over McKinnon at MLB.. I think I would spend our money somewhere else right now.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I think Rudd would be a great pick up!

Although LB isn't a 'need' position. I believe we need help where ever we can get it... So we shouldn't be picky. :)

I hope we sign him. I certianly wouldn't be against a LB core that had Thompson, McKinnion and Rudd.

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
I think Rudd would be great too, but I think we need to get a CB and RG in here before we spend money another LB.. I think Fisher/McKinnon(Hayes)/Thompson will be quick and lethal..

we need Taylor and Coleman before Rudd.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I agree that we need help at RG and CB. And it would be great if we signed Taylor etc.

However, we shouldn't pass on signing a good player because we have other needs and holes.

Like Coach Green says: 'Take the best player available'.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rudd was a very good player for the Vikings although a little bit of a "hot dog". Signed a big contract with the Browns as the Vikings at that time were in cap hell. Don't know what hapened to him in Tampa Bay as he never made the starting team. I bet Denny offers him a contract.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rudd was considered a potential superstar early in his career. Since then his numbers have been on a steady slide.

Can anyone explain this? What happened? Were there extenuating circumstances? Or has he simply turned into a lousy player?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is he really fast, and seems to have a long neck? Am I thinking of the same LB?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
If he can keep his helmet on the last few minutes of the game,he should be ok.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stout
Sound like safety Murton "Chicken Neck" Hanks!
As if his dance wasn't bad enough when he did it, then you also had Shack doing it on the BBall court. Ugh.:x

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Keep in mind that Ray Thompson is one slip up away from taking a one year suspension.

I think it is prudent to add quality depth at the LB core in case someone cant play for an extended period of time for one reason or another.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by en fuego
Keep in mind that Ray Thompson is one slip up away from taking a one year suspension.

I think it is prudent to add quality depth at the LB core in case someone cant play for an extended period of time for one reason or another.

If this were the case, though, the Cards shouldn't have extended Raynoch for the long term.

If Rudd wants to play for the minimum, fine, sign him up and let go of LeVar Woods. But I'm pretty happy with Fisher on the outside as the starter, and we're kind of stuck with Thompson on the outside.

We should be looking at MLBs, not OLBs.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
The Cards signed him when he was two slip ups away --

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by en fuego
The Cards signed him when he was two slip ups away --

As I remember, he was already under "investigation" when we gave him the deal. He was suspended for an October infraction and re-signed in mid-November, right?

Regardless, Ray-ray is the most overrated player on the Cards' D.

Jim O

Reaction score
Originally posted by kerouac9
As I remember, he was already under "investigation" when we gave him the deal. He was suspended for an October infraction and re-signed in mid-November, right?

Dude...your signature messes up my screen!

Anyway,

If a player has a positive test, they get an appeal. The team is not alerted to the positive test until the appeal process is over with and the player loses the appeal.

The appeal process for Ray started when his test was positive in late September and ended with the suspension announcement in early December. When Ray lost his appeal, the NFL alerted the Cardinals about the suspension immediately.

The Cardinals did not have any knowledge of Ray's positive test until it was announced just like they did not know of Frank Garcia's positive test (April) until training camp.

The Cards announced the contract in early October.

Last edited:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rudd sucks!

If we want a LB we need to sign Brandon Short!