Dwayne Wade, Crying... Riley Pissed

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fine, I'll be over here enjoying the original creamy, chocolatey hazelnut spread if you need me for anything.

panfolk

Registered
Reaction score
Dude, lay off Wade, I've never dislocated my shoulder but I can imagine it tingles just a little bit! He was hardly sobbing either and was probably more distraught with the fact that he knows he'll be out for a long time and potentially missing out on the playoffs as well.

I remember watching on tv as Marbury consoled a crying Cabarkapa and I didn't for one second think it was the physical pain that got him.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Glad someone brought up Marion because he acts like he's dying when he gets bumped the wrong way.

No need to diss on Wade when EVERYONE on this board would love to see him in a Suns uniform if the right deal ever came about.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like Chandler Mike, I dislocated my shoulder twice. I was in agony and crying like a baby. Every little motion was brutal. The first time, the doctor kept trying to pop it back in place right there at courtside and failed. He tore my shoulder up. After thhe second one, I had to give up hoops and rugby because nobody was doing those "tightening" surgeries in the late 60s.

Even with surgery, Dwayne Wade's career may be over. Without the surgery, the arm will pop out of the socket all the time.

Shoulder dislocations are terrible injuries for athletes. Better to break bones or even tear an acl than dislocate a shoulder.

OP
OP
TucsonDevil

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
No need to diss on Wade when EVERYONE on this board would love to see him in a Suns uniform if the right deal ever came about.

Please take me out of that "EVERYONE" count. I also could not like to see these in a Suns uniform, though very talented:

Kobe
Rasheed Wallace
Stephen Jackson
Ron Artest
Manu

I want to be able to route for the players, not just a color on the shirt. For years, it was hard to route for Cliff Robinson

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Please take me out of that "EVERYONE" count. I also could not like to see these in a Suns uniform, though very talented:

Kobe
Rasheed Wallace
Stephen Jackson
Ron Artest
Manu

I want to be able to route for the players, not just a color on the shirt. For years, it was hard to route for Cliff Robinson
Okay. That's why your avatar contains Raja Bell, one of the NBA's dirtiest players and a renowned flopper.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
has anyone here ever dislocated their shoulder or anything like that?

how can you call wade a baby?
he's the one feeling the pain, not you..

i dislocated my shoulder playing football in college. even at div III the rb's are big enough that you can't just try to reach out with one arm and drag 'em down like i did in high school. popped right out. i was out two weeks and then played the rest of the season (which for me wasn't long b/c i then proceeded to blow apart my knee) with my arm strapped down to my shoulderpads. that sucked. couldn't raise it past 45 degrees. oh, and i had already been playing with a flak jacket b/c i'd cracked two ribs. all for div III, what the hell was i thinking.

okay, that little painful tangent aside, dislocating your shoulder hurts like a bitch. that said, i'm a little shocked at wade's reaction. he made it seem like was destined never to play again. i too thought he tore his bicep or tricep. since the incident (a good 19 years ago) i still routinely have it pop out at odd times (reach for the sugar on the top shelf, towelling off after getting outta the shower, etc.) sometimes it hurts a good deal, sometimes i'm able to just pop it back in. it does still limit my ability to do certain lifts while working out though. and i'm sure it'll hurt like a bitch when i'm old(er).

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
Okay. That's why your avatar contains Raja Bell, one of the NBA's dirtiest players and a renowned flopper.

Yup, that's why we love Raja. He's out there to do the dirty work but he's not a phony who claims his moves are "unintentional." He's way different from the names on that list because he hasn't sent anyone out of the game for stitches or two-three weeks on the IL and then played innocent.