Emmit's Motivation...

Emmits MAIN Motivation

• Prove he is a GREAT Champion by leading the CARDINALS to the Playoffs and beyond...

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Drive his career rushing numbers into the "beyond challenge" range...

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Prove he has lots left in the tank by rushing over Dallas like a tank...

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Mo' money, mo' money....

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Love of the game, baby, love of the game...

Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Redheart

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Yes, yes...

Originally posted by Renz
I'd say a little bit of all of them.

Must pick one! MAIN motiviation, you know, when the lights are out, what Emmit wispers to his stuffed Cardinal, Little Red.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would have said all of themm too but I ended up choosing pushing his personal stats into unchallenged range. I think that may be the single driving force he has. It ensures his legacy when all the record books never have to change his name from the top. He doesn;t really have to prove he is a champ...he already has the rings. Proving Dallas wrong is a compelling reason but if he "fails" in AZ he won;t have proven that although he will have lengthened his record numbers.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Running over Dallas, baby! I don't think he was a happy camper at the end of last year and I think he probably would have liked to retire there, had they treated him better.

Of course, I've got the "Oh-yeah? Well-screw-you-then" attitude going on today.:D

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Re: Yes, yes...

Originally posted by Redheart
Must pick one! MAIN motiviation, you know, when the lights are out, what Emmit wispers to his stuffed Cardinal, Little Red.

Okay, I say "love of the game" then. I think Emmitt still has the desire to play and he doesn't want Jerry Jones deciding when it's time to hang 'em up.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
The cowgirls kept him from getting 1000 yards last year. He could easily have done it, but the team wanted him gone, so they limited his carries to justify thier decision. He was pissed all of last year, you could see it in his body language.

dbcard74

Reaction score
I think Emmitt just didn't want to retire, because he knows he can still play at a high level in the NFL. Much has been made about him not gaining 1,000 yards last season, but it had nothing to do with Emmitt and everything to do with the line he was running behind.

I watched every Cowboys game, and a worse NFL line cannot be imagined. They were fat, they were injured, and they didn't like the new zone blocking scheme. It's no coincidence that the Cowboys lost yardage on 66 of 423 rushes. That's 15.6 percent, the worst in the league. Defenses were busting Emmitt in the mouth after he barely got the handoff.

There's nothing wrong with Emmitt that a competent line won't cure. The talking heads will find that out this season. I'll say he goes for between 1,100 and 1,200 yards.

Chainthroer

Registered
Reaction score
dbcard-
Do your comments on the O-Line include "Flozell the Motel." I did not watch a a lot ot the Cowboy games, but in the one's I did Flozell Adams looked decent at LT. Also, I believe he signed a new K for real decent dollars.

dbcard74

Reaction score
Flozell the Hotel is very good. But he is so unmotivated there was a lot of debate in Dallas last year about whether they should even try to keep him. The Cowboys' hope is that Bill Parcells will light a large fire under him (and he probably will).

But considering everything - the injuries, being overweight, not liking the new blocking scheme - the Cowboys' offensive line play was at the bottom of the league.

And it didn't help that Emmitt was also running behind a less-than-good fullback.

Better days are ahead for Emmitt. At least, better than last year.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I chose #1. What better way to prove beyond all doubt you were the best. Took a loser team from 5-11 to the Superbowl. Yes, with some help from the players around him but, now he's not getting the credit for it. It's always the line he ran behind, the superb play of Aikman and whats his name (the reciever). Now he has a chance to take another team from the basement to the top. Granted he will need the help of Blake and the recievers to do that but he must feel pretty strongly it can happen. If stats were all he had in mind he would be in Tampa.

The guy took a chance by coming here and must see something positive. I hope it happens.

OP
OP
Redheart

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
To become a Legend...

Originally posted by AzCards21
I chose #1. What better way to prove beyond all doubt you were the best. Took a loser team from 5-11 to the Superbowl. Yes, with some help from the players around him but, now he's not getting the credit for it. It's always the line he ran behind, the superb play of Aikman and whats his name (the reciever). Now he has a chance to take another team from the basement to the top. Granted he will need the help of Blake and the recievers to do that but he must feel pretty strongly it can happen. If stats were all he had in mind he would be in Tampa.

The guy took a chance by coming here and must see something positive. I hope it happens.

AzCards21, we are on the same page here. This is how I voted too.

IF Emmit leads the Cardinal to their first Super Bowl since...the earth cooled...particularly if it is on the back of a smash mouth running game where he is the key stud...the argument for him as the BEST running back EVER is made.

Some might make that argument now, but even with his rings and rushing title, it is weak. But IF you added a Cinderella-story where one of the league's perennial losers is taken to a ring-winning season with him carrying the rock...that's a cherry on a great career that legends are made of.

Can it really happen???

Well, the dude is a 34-year-old running back. In running-back years...well, that is Methuselah. The Cardinals passing game has more question marks than my first physics exam (college professors can be so cruel). The Cardinals Defense is looked upon as an easy meal by everyone in the NFL...make that a buffet.

On the other hand...the Offensive line should have had a break-out year last year, you have to believe that they are WAY overdue and will represent their potential this year. We finally have a beast in a blocking FB, thank you lambs. If Blake can make the opposing defenses pay for cheating on Emmitt...then the table set. AND Emmit is SMART.

Parity of the league helps, but we will still need a LOT of luck and a Defense that is always well-rested... but what a story...the kind legends are made of.

Last edited:

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Re: To become a Legend...

Originally posted by Redheart
AzCards21, we are on the same page here. This is how I voted too.

IF Emmit leads the Cardinal to their first Super Bowl since...the earth cooled...particularly if it is on the back of a smash mouth running game where he is the key stud...the argument for him as the BEST running back EVER is made.

Some might make that argument now, but even with his rings and rushing title, it is weak. But IF you added a Cinderella-story where one of the league's perennial losers is taken to a ring-winning season with him carrying the rock...that's a cherry on a great career that legends are made of.

Can it really happen???

Well, the dude is a 34-year-old running back. In running-back years...well, that is Methuselah. The Cardinals passing game has more question marks than my first physics exam (college professors can be so cruel). The Cardinals Defense is looked upon as an easy meal by everyone in the NFL...make that a buffet.

On the other hand...the Offensive line should have had a break-out year last year, you have to believe that they are WAY overdue and will represent their potential this year. We finally have a beast in a blocking FB, thank you lambs. If Blake can make the opposing defenses pay for cheating on Emmitt...then the table set. AND Emmit is SMART.

Parity of the league helps, but we will still need a LOT of luck and a Defense that is always well-rested... but what a story...the kind legends are made of.

May all our dreams come true! :thumbup:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emmitt is still playing to pad his stats and nothing more. He wants to make them unreachable. Im still pissed at Barry Sanders for making that possible for Emmitt!

The guy did not come to this organization thinking he had a chance to win another superbowl. There is no Cardinal fan bigger than me that I can assure you. Yet I fully admit that when Emmitt thinks of his new team Superbowl is probably not the first thing that comes to his mind. Its sad but to think anything else would be delusional.

If his goal was to win a superbowl he would have spoken to other teams much like Tampa who was interested in him and taken far less money.

Emmitt saw an opportunity for the most PT being promised the starting position and a 3 million dollar salary to boot and he jumped on it!

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shane H
Emmitt is still playing to pad his stats and nothing more. He wants to make them unreachable. Im still pissed at Barry Sanders for making that possible for Emmitt!

The guy did not come to this organization thinking he had a chance to win another superbowl. There is no Cardinal fan bigger than me that I can assure you. Yet I fully admit that when Emmitt thinks of his new team Superbowl is probably not the first thing that comes to his mind. Its sad but to think anything else would be delusional.

If his goal was to win a superbowl he would have spoken to other teams much like Tampa who was interested in him and taken far less money.

Emmitt saw an opportunity for the most PT being promised the starting position and a 3 million dollar salary to boot and he jumped on it!

Puleeze! Your telling me that he went to a team that has had notoriously piss poor RB numbers to pad his stats? No way. If thats all he wanted several teams would have fit the bill. More money? He could play anywhere for free and not affect the bottom line. Money is not an issue at all.

PT is the only arguement I may accept. And that will have to play out over the next few weeks. If he is playing well the Cards have done well. If not it will kill all of us.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AzCards21
Puleeze! Your telling me that he went to a team that has had notoriously piss poor RB numbers to pad his stats? No way. If thats all he wanted several teams would have fit the bill. More money? He could play anywhere for free and not affect the bottom line. Money is not an issue at all.

PT is the only arguement I may accept. And that will have to play out over the next few weeks. If he is playing well the Cards have done well. If not it will kill all of us.

Umm yea OK! Yes he came to the piss poor team to pad his stats. Its a piss poor team that signed a legitimate FB and has the biggest OL in football. Plus he was guaranteed the starting nod from the get go. If you think Emmit has anything else on his mind other than maybe to prove Jerry Jones wrong then you are delusional.

But yet in your argument he came to this "piss Poor" team to lead them to a Superbowl??? :roll: That makes a whole lot more sense! Being that this team has shown an abilty to win games cosistently and make the playoffs on a regular basis???

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put love of the game. Fans always talk about players hangin on and "why don't they just give it up and retire." Keep in mind that this is all they've known their entire life. How would you like to dedicate your life to something and give it up when you're only 34? We keep saying how old that is for a rb but it's not very old for a person. While his skills aren't what they once were I can't fault him or any other player for wanting to play for as long as possible. I know if I could play football for a living I sure wouldn't quit any sooner than I absolutely have to.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shane H
Umm yea OK! Yes he came to the piss poor team to pad his stats. Its a piss poor team that signed a legitimate FB and has the biggest OL in football. Plus he was guaranteed the starting nod from the get go. If you think Emmit has anything else on his mind other than maybe to prove Jerry Jones wrong then you are delusional.

But yet in your argument he came to this "piss Poor" team to lead them to a Superbowl??? :roll: That makes a whole lot more sense! Being that this team has shown an abilty to win games cosistently and make the playoffs on a regular basis???

Beer makes it more logical. But I'm sticking to it anyway!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05