Euro 2024

Lorenzo

Reaction score
anyone watching the final? England looked really strong to end the first half, but instantly conceded to start the 2nd. they look like they are coming undone right now in the 56th minute.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
anyone watching the final? England looked really strong to end the first half, but instantly conceded to start the 2nd. they look like they are coming undone right now in the 56th minute.
Second wind now after that goal.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Second wind now after that goal.
smooth finish by palmer. calmly picked out the corner rather than giving the keeper a save opportunity. it's rare to see such a clinical finish. both goals so far in this one were smooth.

England have been lucky that Spain are missing some quality looks on goal. some just missing the bar and others hit right at or near Pickford.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
smooth finish by palmer. calmly picked out the corner rather than giving the keeper a save opportunity. it's rare to see such a clinical finish. both goals so far in this one were smooth.
England goalie is keeping them in this game.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
that was a quick whistle. at least 30 seconds to a minute was wasted by Spain faking injuries at the end. gutted for England, but Spain fully deserve this result and were the better side going in. they should have had more goals than they did today.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
It's also an embarrassment of riches with Spain as it often is. Yamal is only 17 and looks like a top player already. I thought England did well to pocket him today and perhaps that led to others getting left unmarked. when he figures things out he will be scary.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Very pleased England finally got their due. Their coach is just crap. Maybe if he, I dunno, unleashed his electric winger for more than a few minutes in the entire tourney, they would have lifted the trophy.

Southgate had an Apollo Creed roster but played such negative tactics that he backed his own team into a corner only Rocky can get out of. The thing about Rocky is that it's pure fiction; you can't always stink, go behind, and pull out the miracle. England finally got Clubber Langed.

Oh, and so sweet that Pickford lost, because I friggin' hate the guy. He's good, and was probably their man of the match, but I hate the guy.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Very pleased England finally got their due. Their coach is just crap. Maybe if he, I dunno, unleashed his electric winger for more than a few minutes in the entire tourney, they would have lifted the trophy.

Southgate had an Apollo Creed roster but played such negative tactics that he backed his own team into a corner only Rocky can get out of. The thing about Rocky is that it's pure fiction; you can't always stink, go behind, and pull out the miracle. England finally got Clubber Langed.

Oh, and so sweet that Pickford lost, because I friggin' hate the guy. He's good, and was probably their man of the match, but I hate the guy.
Pickford did play well at times. I would argue that Spain kicked the ball to him a lot. There was a weird play where Pickford either took a free kick or came way out of his goal to play a ball. he bombed it over all of his teammates heads straight to the other GK. he sometimes gets too emotional and does foolish things. I thought it was funny, but if I were an England supporter I would be questioning that type of stuff.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Fark! I wanted him to stay both to hold England back and so Howe couldn't be tempted away. Granted, Howe has had his warts and cheesed me off a lot last season, but this is the absolute wrong time to lose a coach.
well this means the USA might hire Southgate, according to some people. Also means that some of the candidates that USA may have been interested, like Pochettino, may be interviewing for England.