Exiting the Bandwagon.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll start by saying, I'm not jumping off.

I have this sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach because I think many of the bandwagon kool-aid brigade are positioning themselves near the edge of the wagon.
The darksiders have the wagon surrounded and are licking their chops. The recent injuries have added fuel to the darksider's fire. Many are rehearsing their "I told you so" and " Green should be fired" lines at this very moment.

What will it take? One or two more preseason losses? A 0-2 or 1-3 start to the season? Another "fan favorite" being cut? Perhaps 1 more injury to a "key" player.

My message to the Kool-Aid Brigade....HOLD ON TIGHT! It's going to be a long rocky road, especially over the next 6 to 8 weeks. Things will probably not go as we envisioned or hoped for. We will be under heavy attack during these trying times. The Darksiders are ruthless, headstrong ands relentless. You must understand their numbers have been growing for generations.

However, I urge you to keep your focus on the future. Be content with gradual and steady improvement which may or may not be immediately measured by victories. Understand the fact that a team in total shambles cannot possibly be turned around in 1 off season. The Darkside will try to convince you otherwise. Expect to be told had we not cut Steve Bush, Justin Lucas, Marcus Bell and Pete Kendell that we probably would have made the playoffs. You may even hear how Coach Mac should not have been fired.

Hold your ground. In this world of instant gratification it will be very hard to resist joining the darkside. You will question your own sanity as to why you should hold fast to your pitcher of Kool-aid. Don't give in. Whatever you have to do, DO NOT LEAVE THE WAGON! The Darksider's will try and convince you to join them. They will tell you that you can ALWAYS jump back on.

But don't do it. It,s true you can always jump back on the bandwagon in the future, but once you jump off will you ever be able to look at yourself in the mirror again?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Believe it or not, the Kool Aid Brigade has converted another darksider...myself.

I haven't posted much lately for two reasons...I've been busy, and I've held back to observe what's going on with the team. Upon considering my observations, I think we definitely need to wait and see where this team goes. The injuries are a definite problem; how we react to them will be key. Will we fold like we used to, or will we fight?

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
Anyone who bails on this team - at this point - I just don't understand. IT IS PRESEASON! YOU WANTED A GUY WHO KNOWS WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN IN THE NFL - AND YOU HAVE HIM! AND YOU ARE BAILING???? WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU?

I never thought I would borrow a line from Tango but here it is "Amazing, simply amazing."

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only person I know who is no longer on the bandwagon is KOC. We are trying to help him back on right now. I kept telling him "If you are going to drink all that beer, you should be sitting in the middle instead of on the edge, but nooooooo"--- :D

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
See you've got it backwards. It's the Kool-aiders who are ready to throw themselves off the bridge. The "realists' or darksiders as you refer to them understand the process that needs to take place in order for us to become winners, and therefore are at peace with the upcoming season, and eagerly anticipating "progress". Even if that progress may not translate into wins this year.

IMO what is actually occuring is that the "Kool-aiders" are suffering from mass withdrawls now that they no longer have McGinnis to fill thier Kool-Aid Bongs.

I've already accepted that we probably won't do all that well this year, and am still seated firmly at the head of the wagon.

If y'all decide to jump off the bus, I won't be there to tell you "I told you so", I'll be waving good bye. :wave:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
slanidrac16 said:

I have this sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach because I think many of the bandwagon kool-aid brigade are positioning themselves near the edge of the wagon.
The darksiders have the wagon surrounded and are licking their chops. The recent injuries have added fuel to the darksider's fire. Many are rehearsing their "I told you so" and " Green should be fired" lines at this very moment.

What will it take? One or two more preseason losses? A 0-2 or 1-3 start to the season? Another "fan favorite" being cut? Perhaps 1 more injury to a "key" player.

My message to the Kool-Aid Brigade....HOLD ON TIGHT! It's going to be a long rocky road, especially over the next 6 to 8 weeks. Things will probably not go as we envisioned or hoped for. We will be under heavy attack during these trying times. The Darksiders are ruthless, headstrong ands relentless. You must understand their numbers have been growing for generations.

However, I urge you to keep your focus on the future. Be content with gradual and steady improvement which may or may not be immediately measured by victories. Understand the fact that a team in total shambles cannot possibly be turned around in 1 off season. The Darkside will try to convince you otherwise. Expect to be told had we not cut Steve Bush, Justin Lucas, Marcus Bell and Pete Kendell that we probably would have made the playoffs. You may even hear how Coach Mac should not have been fired.

Hold your ground. In this world of instant gratification it will be very hard to resist joining the darkside. You will question your own sanity as to why you should hold fast to your pitcher of Kool-aid. Don't give in. Whatever you have to do, DO NOT LEAVE THE WAGON! The Darksider's will try and convince you to join them. They will tell you that you can ALWAYS jump back on.

But don't do it. It,s true you can always jump back on the bandwagon in the future, but once you jump off will you ever be able to look at yourself in the mirror again?

Another 500 word essay. Further proof that passions are inflamed too say the least. Green sure knows how to stir the pot.

Don't worry Slan. Most of us on this board couldn't change allegiances if we wanted. God knows I would have had a better life had I been a Steeler fan or with any other winning team. But I'll cheer for the cardinals until they put me in the ground. Have mercy.

Even the darksiders, in their own weird way, love the team. Anybody bailing now wasn't a fan in the first place.

I share your sentiment. Everybody needs to just go along with what Denny is trying to do. Yeah, it might not seem to be the best thing to do to cut guys like Kendell, and to rattle LJs cage, but we've got to have a little faith it Denny's plan and method. Give him a couple of years at least. His track record has earned him that much.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
CaliforniaCard said:
IMO what is actually occuring is that the "Kool-aiders" are suffering from mass withdrawls now that they no longer have McGinnis to fill thier Kool-Aid Bongs.

NEVER!!!

LONG LIVE THE KOOL AIDERS!!!

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!

:raccoon:

GO CARDINALS!!!

I BELIEVE!!!

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
CaliforniaCard said:
See you've got it backwards. It's the Kool-aiders who are ready to throw themselves off the bridge. The "realists' or darksiders as you refer to them understand the process that needs to take place in order for us to become winners, and therefore are at peace with the upcoming season, and eagerly anticipating "progress". Even if that progress may not translate into wins this year.

I've already accepted that we probably won't do all that well this year, and am still seated firmly at the head of the wagon.

If y'all decide to jump off the bus, I won't be there to tell you "I told you so", I'll be waving good bye. :wave:

What he said

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I just like the Cardinals. Always have and always will. Does that make me a kool aid guy or darksider?

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
40yearfan said:
The only person I know who is no longer on the bandwagon is KOC. We are trying to help him back on right now. I kept telling him "If you are going to drink all that beer, you should be sitting in the middle instead of on the edge, but nooooooo"--- :D
:biglaugh:

:raccoon:

Oh no, I ain't never leaving this wagon.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
binkar said:
I just like the Cardinals. Always have and always will. Does that make me a kool aid guy or darksider?

Do you go into every season expecting the worst or do you eagerly expect each year to be the breakthrough year? Answer that to yourself and you'll know.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
Do you go into every season expecting the worst or do you eagerly expect each year to be the breakthrough year? Answer that to yourself and you'll know.

Damn Skorp, well put! Please pass the Koolaide... :beer: HEY!!! That was BEER! oh well...THAT works both ways!

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys crack me up!

Seriously. It's nice to be able to lean back and laugh at ourselves. Some of the post have gotten down right serious lately, especially after Walters article.
But thats okay. It just shows that we are the TRUE fans of this team. The passion on this websight is second to none.

And some day, when the Cards are on top WE will be the ones that will savor the moment....while we watch all the bandwagoners jump on!

artp

Registered
Reaction score
A new guy at work was giving me a hard time about being a Cardinal fan. He asked me if I went into every season thinking that the Cardinals could be a good football team? I said "Yes"

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:

In recent years: I take a look at our guys on the field in preseason and after noting that we have a large number of guys who are smaller than all the other teams players and that we have no defense, expect the worst. :D

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
slanidrac16 said:

Why jump at all? member kool-Aid side who has went into limbo and reading often the posts on DG`s so called good and bad moves.Why didn`t the same people who bitched about cutting Boston and getting nothing bitch about Kendall?Kendall could have gotten a late pick at least.Why not deal with people honestly and with integrity? Why talk out of both sides of your mouth? DG should be able to do this.I expect it to be a long and tough road to right this team and i hope it can be done.I just Question if DG is the man to do it.Maybe he will work out and i hope it does.Will players trust him?
Will players work hard for him? I think they have to work hard.No choice.I hope DG can succeed in AZ. :shrug:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
CaliforniaCard said:

bingo! i've been laughing about this for weeks. most of darksiders are ardent supporters of the green regime. and despite these current setbacks recognize that he's gotta gut the team and basically start over. we're the ones (at least cheese and i - and let's be honest, we're the ones who tend to take the most flack as darksiders) who have been preaching patience.

so don't be casting aspersions at us darksiders, at least not in this case, 'cuz we're now the ones that are happy with the direction of the team, even if it is temporarily backwards.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
slanidrac16 said:
Seriously. It's nice to be able to lean back and laugh at ourselves. Some of the post have gotten down right serious lately, especially after Walters article.
But thats okay. It just shows that we are the TRUE fans of this team. The passion on this websight is second to none.

And some day, when the Cards are on top WE will be the ones that will savor the moment....while we watch all the bandwagoners jump on!

my god, that day will be glorious.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
bingo! i've been laughing about this for weeks. most of darksiders are ardent supporters of the green regime. and despite these current setbacks recognize that he's gotta gut the team and basically start over. we're the ones (at least cheese and i - and let's be honest, we're the ones who tend to take the most flack as darksiders) who have been preaching patience.

so don't be casting aspersions at us darksiders, at least not in this case, 'cuz we're now the ones that are happy with the direction of the team, even if it is temporarily backwards.

Exactly.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:
Another 500 word essay. Further proof that passions are inflamed too say the least. Green sure knows how to stir the pot.

Don't worry Slan. Most of us on this board couldn't change allegiances if we wanted. God knows I would have had a better life had I been a Steeler fan or with any other winning team. But I'll cheer for the cardinals until they put me in the ground. Have mercy.

Even the darksiders, in their own weird way, love the team. Anybody bailing now wasn't a fan in the first place.

I share your sentiment. Everybody needs to just go along with what Denny is trying to do. Yeah, it might not seem to be the best thing to do to cut guys like Kendell, and to rattle LJs cage, but we've got to have a little faith it Denny's plan and method. Give him a couple of years at least. His track record has earned him that much.

I couldn't agree more. This is exactly how I feel. DG is our coach so lets support him and our team and lets see where it takes us.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:

BINGO RIGHT BACK ATCHA! You see Ouchie, you have unknowingly become a proud member of the KOOL-AID BRIGADE! My views of a "true" Darksider is someone that pedicts gloom about every move and decision that this club makes. A true Darksider beleives Dennis Green is the wrong guy for this team.
I toast you, my freind!!! :cheers: