'Expert' says Cards to trade with Jets

dbcard74

Reaction score
Saw this on a thread on The Dallas Morning News' website and thought Cardinal fans might find it interesting. It is from a mock draft by Profootballtalk editor Mike Florio. I've never heard of it or him, so I don't know how reliable they are.

But his mock draft has the Cardinals trading the #6 pick to the Jets for their #13 and #22. The Jets then take DT Jimmy Kennedy. With the #13 the Cardinals take QB Rex Grossman, and with the #22 they take DT William Joseph.

I can believe Florio might have it half right. The Cardinals might trade with the Jets for their two No. 1s. But there's no way I see them taking a QB. As someone has mentioned several times on this board, the Cardinals already have their young prospects.

If the Cardinals did make that trade, I could see them then taking either DT Dewayne Robertson or DT Kevin Williams. I saw Williams play several times and he spent a lot of time in the opponents' backfield. He is what scouts like to call 'disruptive.'

But Grossman at #13 or #6 or #22? No way.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Grossman may be the 6th pick of the 3rd round.I heard Mortensen on the radio say that the QB Rex is working with,i believe it is DeBerg but not 100% sure,has his mechanics all messed up and that he threw the ball horribly and has hurt himself as much as anybody.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Profootballtalk, the very reputable site that brought the Colvin-Lions deal out before anyone else.:rolleyes:

Seriously, though, it is not a very good source of information.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Re: Gag

Originally posted by BuckeyeCardinal
Grossman and Joseph.

What's Joseph's 40 time....2 days?

Yuck, around a 5.2.....or basically .2 seconds slower than Leonard Davis.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cbus cardsfan
Grossman may be the 6th pick of the 3rd round.I heard Mortensen on the radio say that the QB Rex is working with,i believe it is DeBerg but not 100% sure,has his mechanics all messed up and that he threw the ball horribly and has hurt himself as much as anybody.

He hurt himself at the combine, but threw very well at the Florida Pro day. There is no way in hell he lasts until the third round.

pinnacle

Reaction score
I saw that profootball talk article...they are right some of the time..but like all rumor sites - they make some big errors.. I like the trade down concept if we do not get suggs..but I think they taking the wrong kind of kool aid if they think we are taking grossman..people not familiar with the cards think ..well..blake is there qb ..so they need a qb.. what they do not understand is that we already upgraded the qb position and need a defensive line 1st and foremost. I would be ok trading down and taking a DE and DT in the 1st round. If we do this and sign a veteran wide receiver.. I may actually give the cards a shot at being a decent team (record wise) - if we can stay healthy.

I read somewhere where one of the experts was saying how he gets a feel about all teams..except the cardinals. He was implying that the cards do not leak out as much information (and disinformation) as other teams.. I do not know if this is true..or this particular writer just has contacts on most teams except the cardinals.. It would not surprise me if it is harder to get leaks and rumors out of the cardinals as opposed to other teams..

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome dbcard. Don't worry about people disagreeing with you. Half these guys can't agree with what they posted yesterday. :rolleyes:

Watch out for Section 11. If he starts agreeing with you, examine your beliefs closely for fallacy.:D

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
How about we take Boller and Joseph... This one would be my personal fav... Trufant and Kenny Peterson

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How about we take Boller and Joseph... This one would be my personal fav... Trufant and Kenny Peterson
I was thinking the same thing (although I don't think the Jets are lying when they say they don't plan to trade either pick).

Joseph is too much like Wendell Bryant. If we went the DT route it would be for a run stuffer. We might get lucky, and if Robertson were to go early, Kennedy might drop to us at #13 - or vice versa.

But more likely, both will be gone.

Boller's good, but he's still a relatively raw, unproven QB who skyrocketed up the charts. We already have one of those (McCown). I can't see us drafting a QB that high unless it's a healthy Leftwich.

I know Cubby is down on Kenny Peterson, but if the Cards are set on bringing in a swing DT-DE who's better than Russell Davis, Peterson - decent speed at 292 - might be an interesting pick and fair value at #21.

Ideally, the Cards with a #13 and #21 would want to come away with a CB (Trufant) and edge-rusher (McDougle) but I don't think they'll reach to fill either roster hole if those two guys aren't there.

One other observation: The War Room now rates LJ Henderson (who ran a 4.66 on his Pro Day) the #16th best player on their board. If Trufant, Robertson, McDougle and Kennedy weren't there at #13, I could see the Cards reaching slightly for Henderson. I really like him.

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No one's disagreeing with the author of the post, just simply pointing out that profootballtalk.com is the least reputable, biggest pile of horsecrap of a website on the 'net.

If Boller goes in the top 15 as it appears he will, Grossman won't make it out of the first round. Forecasting him in the 3rd is ludicrous.

And let's not forget how profootballtalk.com broke that exclusive story about Colvin signing with the lions.