Falcons Win!!

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beat TB 30-28 in a wild one.

That's Atlanta's 4th win for those of you keeping score at home.

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
great

as of now we have the #1 pick.. go after Ben Rothsiongler first.. more potential and up side...

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crap! There are Saturday games on today? :confused:

Had no idea! Vikes are on at 3pm looks like. Dang!

Y'all need to do a better job at keeping us clueless folks up to date.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Re: great

Originally posted by jrjbritt
as of now we have the #1 pick.. go after Ben Rothlisberger first.. more potential and up side...

I think we are still #2 behind San Diego. Hopefully, they will beat Pittsburgh tomorrow.

pinnacle

Reaction score
at least if we win one of our remaining games (doubtful) - we will still pick ahead of atlanta (we should hold the tiebreaker as they had a harder schedule)..

At least Simeon, jones and pittman and the rest of the bucs will be heading home early this year (they are eliminated from the playoffs) - and if we win a game we will stick pick ahead of the falcons..so all in all a good win by Atlanta!

8ndkorner

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by jw7
Crap! There are Saturday games on today? :confused:

Had no idea! Vikes are on at 3pm looks like. Dang!

Y'all need to do a better job at keeping us clueless folks up to date.

Yeah! I was clueless also. ESPN said that the Giants GM was there to check out the OC and DC of the Jets for the HC spot. That was embedded in the story about Coughlin interviewing for the HC position.

I'm pretty sure that if Coughlin wants the job it's his. Good cover though. And the Jets lose a close one.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Something Else to Watch...

ESPN said that the Giants GM was there to check out the OC and DC of the Jets for the HC spot.
Someone on TV raised the possibility that Rich McKay and Herm Edwards are buds, and that Herm may be able to get out of his Jets contract if he wants to (or if the Jets might whack him regardless).

If so, Edwards could wind up coaching the Falcones and the Jets would then be in the market for a HC (If so, I wonder if Fassell might have a shot with the Jets-Jets-Jets - he wouldn't have to uproot his family).

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Re: Re: great

Originally posted by Renz
I think we are still #2 behind San Diego. Hopefully, they will beat Pittsburgh tomorrow.

CBS sportsline has us drafting #1 ahead of San Diego.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: great

Originally posted by Snakester
CBS sportsline has us drafting #1 ahead of San Diego.

That will change though. We play to winning teams to close out the season, they play two losing teams. That will swing SOS in their favor.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Re: Something Else to Watch...

Originally posted by JeffGollin
ESPN said that the Giants GM was there to check out the OC and DC of the Jets for the HC spot.
Someone on TV raised the possibility that Rich McKay and Herm Edwards are buds, and that Herm may be able to get out of his Jets contract if he wants to (or if the Jets might whack him regardless).

If so, Edwards could wind up coaching the Falcones and the Jets would then be in the market for a HC (If so, I wonder if Fassell might have a shot with the Jets-Jets-Jets - he wouldn't have to uproot his family).

Fassel has had it with the New York media and all the pressure. That's why I think we have a good shot at getting him. If he can get us to the playoffs in the next couple of years he will be a hero.

The New Yorkers all ready ran him out of town. He needs a change of scenery.