Fans Encouraged To Arrive Early For Cardinals-Panthers Game

Jim O

Reaction score
Fans Encouraged To Arrive Early For Cardinals-Panthers Game
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, October 6, 2005

Tempe, AZ – The Arizona Cardinals Football Club is once again reminding fans to give themselves plenty of time when entering Sun Devil Stadium for this Sunday’s game vs. the Carolina Panthers.

Gates open at 11:45 AM and fans are encouraged to enter the stadium by 12:30 for the game, which starts at 1:15 PM.

Under a league-wide policy in place for the 2005 season, everyone entering NFL stadiums will be subject to “pat-down” hand searches.

Contemporary Service Corporation (C.S.C.) is the company contracted to conduct the searches. While fans experienced delays at the Cardinals home opener vs. St. Louis, C.S.C has assured the Cardinals and A.S.U that it has taken measures to ensure the process will be executed in a more efficient manner.

Nonetheless, fans can reduce the likelihood of experiencing delays by entering the stadium well in advance of kickoff.

- www.azcardinals.com -

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
I encourage fans to do likewise. It was terrible last week. Got there like 15 minutes before kickoff, and missed just over half the first quarter.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
The RAm game was incredibly painful

Got to the stadium 30 mins before kickoff by the southwest entrance

45 minutes later I cleared security.

Standing on asphalt in the sun in a line that just didnt move while listening to the crowd trying to figure out how the game was going wasnt what I hoped for.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you guys didn't look like such criminals, they wouldn't have to pat you down. ;)

BTW, if I was one of the guards, I would only pat the females down. The males could go pat themselves.

Lloydian

Registered
Reaction score
And on the other end of the spectrum, I left my Glendale home two hours before kickoff, arrived at the gate before noon, saw absolutely no line and had to kill over an hour once inside. Sunday, I'm adjusting my departure by 15 minutes (no sense tempting fate).

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
What is the best entrance to the stadium to use?

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MikeOnTheMic said:
I forgot how big of a PIA the St. Louis game was.

Note to self:
Bring more roadies to drink in line this week

Good Call!

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Northeast entrance has been bad.

North entrance was good, and with either entrance, you end up in the same place. (don't tell anyone else)

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
why don't the authorites trust us to police OURSELVES?
Im no tough guy, but I'll keep an eye out - "hey, who's that A-rab lookin' guy I've never seen in this section? Hey - somethin's lookin' funny about his shirt - get 'im!"

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
So they claim they are going to execute the process more efficiently? The process itself is a joke and does little if anything for anyone's security. Two quick pats of the mid section and making you take your hat off is a half assed search. If they are going to do a half assed search, why even do one at all?

This new search policy blows. Go late and drink an extra beer. Less waiting. Less frustration. Cheaper beer! :thumbup: :beer:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Why don't they just put in enormous scanning machines for fans to go through?

Free Cat Scans at every Cardinal home game. Think how many tix that would sell out in Sun City.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Contemporary Service Corporation (C.S.C.) is the company contracted to conduct the searches. While fans experienced delays at the Cardinals home opener vs. St. Louis, C.S.C has assured the Cardinals and A.S.U that it has taken measures to ensure the process will be executed in a more efficient mann

I was under the impession that the Cardinals were getting rid of this company per the incompetence performed by them at the first regular season game.

Last edited:

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The pat down doesn't even do anything. They like touch your shoulders and let you walk by.

Someone should sneak a ak 47 in there to prove how idiotic this is.

:lame:

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
justAndy said:
Im no tough guy, but I'll keep an eye out - "hey, who's that A-rab lookin' guy I've never seen in this section?

Man, I hope this isn't how you really think... :(

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nurnay said:
Man, I hope this isn't how you really think... :(

lmao i could see everyopne juping an arab in a panthers shirt and calling him a terrorist

SouthNZoneFan

GOOD FOR ME TO POOP ON
Reaction score
They should keep this patting down service up. I am thinking of taking something to hurt myself with at the next game if we don't win...

OMG... We need another win...

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Looks like nobody paid attention. Hundreds of people still in line to get in at kickoff.

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
Was the wait any better at any entrance? It was still a massive line out front on the NW corner of the stadium.

Yep, they really improved things. Morons.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser