'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald'

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Love this trailer. A LOT of Harry Potter references/connections:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Very, very excited, as a HUGE Harry Potter guy.

How can you not like the trailer. Looks like an action packed movie.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yet it's big news for lots of Potterites. Might lose her a few box-office bucks, but she's got plenty to spare. The real BS I smell is the "No, really, I meant THIS all along, and I meant THAT all a long." Tired of her lame retcon efforts. This is why it should have just stopped at the end of Harry Potter, like she originally meant to.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yet it's big news for lots of Potterites. Might lose her a few box-office bucks, but she's got plenty to spare. The real BS I smell is the "No, really, I meant THIS all along, and I meant THAT all a long." Tired of her lame retcon efforts. This is why it should have just stopped at the end of Harry Potter, like she originally meant to.
Get a grip, really. You seem to be more upset about this than any rational human being ought to.

Which lame retcon efforts are you referring to?

Stout

Reaction score
Get a grip, really. You seem to be more upset about this than any rational human being ought to.

Which lame retcon efforts are you referring to?

Get a grip? Really, Chap? I think you've read my stuff when I'm actually upset lol The reason it irks me at all is because, as an author, I know that the material's no longer mine once it's done and dusted. When the series is over, it's the readers'.

For instance, she's insistent that Ron and Hermione should never have been together, that Harry and Hermione should have been the final couple.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Get a grip? Really, Chap? I think you've read my stuff when I'm actually upset lol The reason it irks me at all is because, as an author, I know that the material's no longer mine once it's done and dusted. When the series is over, it's the readers'.

For instance, she's insistent that Ron and Hermione should never have been together, that Harry and Hermione should have been the final couple.
So? What does that have to do with anything? It’s her story, her creation, she can think whatever she wants. If she thinks that was a mistake, why do you care? At least she’s not George Lucasing the books and rewriting them.

And no it’s her material.

Stout

Reaction score
So? What does that have to do with anything? It’s her story, her creation, she can think whatever she wants. If she thinks that was a mistake, why do you care? At least she’s not George Lucasing the books and rewriting them.

And no it’s her material.

Oh, she's very much George Lucasing the situation--it's not like we're talking film here.

Maybe it's a difference in screen writing and novel/short story writing. Your kind doesn't come out as text. Every professional conference I've been to with the top genre writers in the world made it clear: once it's out there and complete, it's what the fans make of it. If you didn't get your meaning across, or if you decide later you didn't want to write that, well, too late. Unless you want to be a trash writer and retcon (I'm not lumping comics into this). Of course, it is a sliding scale, with some authors offering small clarifications, and others just going off the rails. I think Rowling falls in the middle somewhere.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Oh, she's very much George Lucasing the situation--it's not like we're talking film here.

Maybe it's a difference in screen writing and novel/short story writing. Your kind doesn't come out as text. Every professional conference I've been to with the top genre writers in the world made it clear: once it's out there and complete, it's what the fans make of it. If you didn't get your meaning across, or if you decide later you didn't want to write that, well, too late. Unless you want to be a trash writer and retcon (I'm not lumping comics into this). Of course, it is a sliding scale, with some authors offering small clarifications, and others just going off the rails. I think Rowling falls in the middle somewhere.
What are you talking about? Rowling created a massive world, and yes, she listens to her fans. You are making a big deal out of this and I can’t figure out why.

Stout

Reaction score
What are you talking about? Rowling created a massive world, and yes, she listens to her fans. You are making a big deal out of this and I can’t figure out why.

If I wasn't clear, I'm addressing the Ron/Hermione thing. I have in no way made a big deal about the Nagini thing; I merely REPORTED that people are making a big deal out of it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If I wasn't clear, I'm addressing the Ron/Hermione thing. I have in no way made a big deal about the Nagini thing; I merely REPORTED that people are making a big deal out of it.
I don't think the Ron/Hermione thing is a big deal either.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Clearly you DON'T think I'm allowed to have an opinion. How about you prove you're done nagging me? I've been nothing but diplomatic here.
You called what’re Rowling said a “tantrum.” Do you not have a good reason for that opinion?

Apologies for being rough.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Do you have a good reason for being a snooty jackass? "Apologies" for no longer being the bigger person.
I’m loving watching two grown men argue over the intended fictional romance of teenagers in a fantasy series. Awesome guys!