Fantasy Sleepers??

DaCards

I Heart the Cardinals!!
Reaction score
I know alot of fantasy drafts have to be coming up, so lets talk "sleepers".

Who's gonna be the major contributor and gets drafted in the later rounds?

I'll start off with kind of a wild guess....Roddy White WR, I think if the falcons have any passing offense at all, Roddy will get 80% of that.

Long shot at best, he might be on my bench though.

What you guys/gals got?

DaCards

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Maurice Morris/Julius Jones? Gotta handcuff 'em but I think one of them will emerge with the majority of carries. Thomas Jones will be a good value pick as well as a good sleeper. Does anything other than RB really matter? Denver and Houston bear watching but I don't know who's gonna be #1 in those places.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sleepers

Roddy White, IMO, is a very good sleeper pick IF Matt Ryan (assuming he's the starter) shows anything. Jericho Cotchery and Thomas Jones should benefit from Favre being the Jets' QB. Maurice Morris I'm not sure, even if he's the starter, as I think he's really just a third down back.

CardinalsFan11

Registered
Reaction score
Watch out for Robert Meachem of the Saints. Sean Payton loves to push the ball down field, I think teams are going to focus on Colston and Shockey. If Meachem can become that 2nd WR he'll have plenty of opportunities this season.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Watch out for Robert Meachem of the Saints. Sean Payton loves to push the ball down field, I think teams are going to focus on Colston and Shockey. If Meachem can become that 2nd WR he'll have plenty of opportunities this season.

Don't read too much into one preseason game, and don't forget about Patton and Henderson.

For the Saints, if McAllister can't remain healthy this season, look for some good things out of Pierre Thomas. He's no certainty, but he could be a sleeper selection in the late rounds.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't read too much into one preseason game, and don't forget about Patton and Henderson.

For the Saints, if McAllister can't remain healthy this season, look for some good things out of Pierre Thomas. He's no certainty, but he could be a sleeper selection in the late rounds.
Patten is far past his best days and Henderson is a speedster with poor hands. Meachum wasn't considered by many to be the best WR in his draft not nmed Calvin Johnson for nothing. The boy is the real deal IMO.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've got one. A RB. Newcomer to a team who's upgraded its O-line.

I'm not saying who until after our draft.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I've got one. A RB. Newcomer to a team who's upgraded its O-line.

I'm not saying who until after our draft.
Chris Williams may be out for the year because of a herniated disk,so Matt Forte may not be all that great.(Was i right :D?)

Btw, they are all over Jerry Angelo for taking Williams when it was known he had potential back issues. Some teams took him off their board because of it. Angelo is trying to say this ine not related but it's kind of hard to believe.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
That James Hardy kid, the rookie in Buffalo impressed me with his hands and size in the Wahington game. He's gonna make an impact this year.;

CardinalsFan11

Registered
Reaction score

I wasn't basing my pick of Meachem on his preseason game against us (unfortunately for him, he'll probably play teams that tackle during the regular season).

Meachem was the 2nd rate WR coming out in his draft, but got hurt working out for teams. But by all accounts he's healthy this season and looked that way the other night.

Additionally, Meachem is a complete WR whereas Patton and Henderson are more specialized (Patton is a 3rd down guy and Henderson is a speedster). I definitely think he'll have the opportunity to pass those two guys on the depth chart if he can stay healthy and be productive early in the season.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well the one long td run was bad tackling but Meachem is not a fluke he was a terrific college player and a first round pick. Wouldn't surprise me at all in that offense if he does really well, and he's really good after the catch just ask Cal he's the kid that had 2 long catch and run TD's in their win over Cal in the opener 2 seasons ago.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sleepers:

QB:

Vince Young. A bust at his draft position last season, now has Mike Heimerdinger (Steve McNair's old coach) to assist him. WRs still aren't anything great, but is being drafted far lower than his talent warrants, especially in leagues where rushing yards matter.

Phillip Rivers. His production will be similiar to guys being drafted 3 or 4 rounds ahead of him. Expect around 3300 yards and 23 TDs again.

RB:

Selvin Young. Henry is gone, Torain is hurt. He will get every opportunity to shine in Denver's offense. Averaged 5.2 a carry last year for 700 yards in a limited role, will easily eclipse 1000 this year.

Ricky Williams. He will play in Miami this year. The coach is already saying this will be more of a split time scenario. With Brown's uncertainity in returning from an ACL injury, Ricky could be poised for another comeback.

Brandon Jackson. Ryan Grant held out and is already nursing injuries. Jackson looked fantastic towards the end of the year and has been very strong in camp. In deep leagues he is a good stash. I believe he will get some playing time this year, especially if Grant's funk lingers.

Chris Brown. The Texans have a fantastic offensive core outside of their RB. Ahman Green wasn't very good in that role and Brown will be given every opportunity to snatch carries away from him.

WR

WR #1 had 93 catches for 1189 yards and 8 TDs
WR #2 had 77 catches for 1110 yards and 7 TDs

WR #1 is Torry Holt, who is usually drafted in rounds 3 to 4.

WR #2 Kevin Curtis, who is completely lost in this year's fantasy drafts. Curtis is a fine #2 fantasy receiver and an amazing #3. Curtis' ADP is around round 8. Don't let him last that long.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Other WR sleepers:

Nate Burleson WR Seattle
Darrell Jackson WR Denver
DJ Hackett WR Carolina (Again)
Jerry Porter WR Jacksonville
Bryant Johnson WR San Fransisco
Marty Booker WR Chicago

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fantasy Advice:

Avoid the Steelers like the plague.

Roethlisberger is being drafted far too high for one good season.

Parker and Mendenhall will both be average in a time share.

Santonio Holmes has a rediculous 4.08 ADP. He won't approach justifying that draft position.

Hines Ward has a 6.02 which is also a tad high.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Ricky Williams. He will play in Miami this year. The coach is already saying this will be more of a split time scenario. With Brown's uncertainity in returning from an ACL injury, Ricky could be poised for another comeback.

Don't forget that Williams has fresh legs. Could be a real good pick if he keeps his nose clean and his mind on football.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05