Fat Randolph gets 2 games for striking Lou

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
maybe if he would've really connected instead of just grazing Lou - Lou slipped the punch, did a 360 and was coming right back at Randolph when they were broken apart. I saw no evidence of damage to Lou's grille.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I really thought Lou was going to have a monster game after it happened.

But they just stopped going to him :(

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought I saw a bruise under his right eye from the punch.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
So Randolph, do you punch everyone who you think about kissing?

LoL, that is so Brokeback Mountain. :)

Hey gorilla, just because Lou has long hair and rides a bike doesn't mean he wants to kiss your ugly grill.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
I expected five games.

Yep, this should be 5 games minimum. If Amare and Doris got 1 game for getting off the bench seat, throwing a punch deserves something more harsh than 2 games.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
F that noise. Melo got what, 15 games for a bitchslap? And doesn't the rule specify the difference between throwing a punch and landing one? So throwing is a one game suspension?

He threw him down, towered over him while he tried to get up, taunted him, and hit him! There were multiple infractions and obvious intent before the play even ended.

I hate being a conspiracy theorist but something tells me that if the Suns weren't on the receiving end it would have been a different story.

*** Stern and his lackeys.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I expected five games.

Same here. I didn't see any mitigating circumstances for Randolph. He knocks Lou to the floor fighting for a rebound (I can live with that) but then stands directly over him and taunts him afterwards. Then when Lou stands up he punches him.

I'm glad Lou did not retaliate but if a fight broke out my money would have been on Lou.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got a chance to see this.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99mmx2FVwro
2 games? Thats all!?!:rolleyes:
What a joke.
Pathetic ruling.

I totally agree. So much for the league office assessing suspensions fairly. I still say, if a fight erupted Amundson could have taken Randolph if he were so inclined. I see Randolph as a big bully that picks on players he thinks he can intimidate. He would have found out quite quickly that Amundson doesn't get intimidated. However, I'm glad Amundson chose the high road. If I were a player, I would never want to mix it up under the boards with Amundson.

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score
What's even more troublesome is that things are really bad out there in the real world and this goon doesn't seem one bit grateful on how good life is for him, or one bit remorseful to his actions.

If I were a pro athlete, I would really be thanking my blessings that fan's still will pay to see the games even though the economy is tanking.

I just think that the times we live in calls for a more gracious attitude.

Ok I'll get off my soap box now!:)