Feed The Bean

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
If all the Cardinals caught the flu- and Beanie had to play the Titans by himself!

HOW MUCH WOULD HE WIN BY?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1117597/beanie-wells

Wells ready for game action: Arizona coach Ken Whisenhunt said Tuesday that running back Beanie Wells will make his preseason debut during Thursday's game against Tennessee, according to the team's official website. Wells has impressed coaches with his performance in practice this week as he continues his recovery from offseason knee surgery. "I’m excited to see him in a game," Whisenhunt said. "There’s no concern with him at all with his health."
(Updated 08/21/2012)Injury ReportKnee - Probable for Aug. 23 at Tennessee. Probable for start of regular season
(Updated - 8/21/12)Fantasy AnalysisWells finished as a top-15 Fantasy running back last season, totaling more than 1,000 yards and 10 touchdowns while giving the Cardinals a steady rushing presence. It appears Wells will remain the primary rusher for Arizona, but Ryan Williams will present a tremendous challenge as his backup. Fantasy owners should track how each player is utilized during preseason games, but Wells should only be drafted as early as Round 5.
(Updated 08/21/2012).

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering that he prob won touch the ball more than 6 to 8 times we will never know :)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Smelly,...who is your doctor? Because I just gotta get me some of that stuff man!! You have way too much fun on whatever you are medicating with...

But I am happy to see Beanie back as well...most likely he will get less than 10 carries in the game though.

OP
OP
THESMEL

THESMEL

Reaction score
VA

I go the VA- you just got to join the military and get really hurt first. They don't believe in suffering for lack of medication.

I don't want him to get alot of carries this game, but I would like to see Skelton with the opposing defense all blue and purple after eating som red beans and rice.

We ran 30 times to 19 passes last game- OOOf OOOF

You look at the run stats for for our 4th and 5th string RB's and Beanie and Rwill- well you should hear a large sucking sound toward the middle of the defense- leaving Fitz and Floyd to dance across the mountains on the moon.
:D

Smelly,...who is your doctor? Because I just gotta get me some of that stuff man!! You have way too much fun on whatever you are medicating with...

But I am happy to see Beanie back as well...most likely he will get less than 10 carries in the game though.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Im counting the seconds till both Ryan and Beanie go down.

Its going to happen. Is there really anyone who believes both these guys will play 16 games each?

child please

OP
OP
THESMEL

THESMEL

Reaction score
you

Looks like you went down before them! Bodha's fallen and he can't get up!
I hope they are both not hurt on the same day- mutual back ups is good at RB.

Rememeber releasing Thomas Jone? Garrison Hearst? Don't give up 5 minutes before the miracle beanie just turned 24! FEED THE BEAN and Rwil too!

Its going to happen. Is there really anyone who believes both these guys will play 16 games each?

child please

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

child please
I knew it was you!!! :p

Attachments

• CHILD PLEASE.png
    CHILD PLEASE.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 218

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If this line can open up some holes, and the QB can complete some PA passes, this running game could surprise us!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

child please[/QUOTE Under the consideration that most running backs now have at least two games where they might sit out during a season, I totally see our guys playing 14 games a piece, now that they have each other to lessen the load :)

Last edited:

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Yeah, he's getting the Ryan Williams treatment this game. A few touches to knock off the rust and then he's benched. That's fine with me. Save his legs for the regular season.

cardfolife

Reaction score
He's been walking with a slight limp this week, although no limp noticeable while running full speed. But in all my years following him (through Ohio State and the Cardinals), seldom if ever have I heard a completely unqualified, sans 'Yes, But' health update on him.

This teeny little caveat ("walking with a slight limp, but other than that he's all good to go") is enough to make me suspect he's not truly full go.:bang:

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That 24 year old has had more surgeries than Barry Sanders had in his entire career.

And Barry had more runs for losses than anyone in football before or since. Must mean he sucks.

Sometimes stats lie.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And Barry had more runs for losses than anyone in football before or since. Must mean he sucks.

Sometimes stats lie.

wwwwwwwhat the hell does that mean? I cant wrap my mind around the point your trying to make.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
wwwwwwwhat the hell does that mean? I cant wrap my mind around the point your trying to make.
I'm good with metaphors, but that one (sorry darkside) is kinda wild. Sanders was consistently the best, LOY was part of his game. You knew he was going to break one sooner or later though. Beanie and Sanders in the same sentence aint right.

OP
OP
THESMEL

THESMEL

Reaction score
Licks

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop? 1--2--crunch --- it takes 2!

Beanies had 2 clean outs not reconstructive that I know of, the first one made him look like a weak piece of crap, hidden, lied about, whiz made him look like a wimp every week, When beanie finally came out and said he had surgery and it was not a bruise as reported- Whiz dressed him down for going to the press first!

Darn it- He let Whiz and his open door policy represent him and beanies marketability right down to nothing- Destroyed his trade value- I mean taking one for the team is one thing but this was not needed- It offered no positive just negative piled on Beanie-

I mean your a Cardinal Fan and look what you say about it! with fans like you who needs seattles 12th man? I like me some Barry Sanders, but He was different kind of cat, but he was no Jim brown- Sanders was a scat back - pure and defined.

You see you take Riggins out and plug Beanie in behind Grimms hogs- Wells is better- I'm sure Beaine is more punishing than AP! Now AP is punishing and one of the best backs of this era, but Well's takes it up a knotch. So far it has been about health- but the boy broke our all time single game franchise record against a bad team last year- on ONE LEG! And many fans call him a a worthless piece of crap!

That is not a Beaine problem- that is a fan and a culture problem- and that problem seems lead by Head Coach Whisenhunt? Cause it is not 1 player at one time - it is most players - most of the time. Yet it existed before Whisenhunt also, After players and coaches move on- It is just us fans and Lil Billy Bidwill and his life works.

Now after Whiz tossed the RGC-PGC failed experiment, He chose the PGC to take over as OC, would he be OC elsewhere in the NFL? major college? maybe has a shot now? Maybe at Penn State? I hope Miller improves - but I expect Whiz will need to dump him like Chris Miller, Clancy- Davis - as soon as Whiz stops blaming the players - again and finds his inner Andy Reid and takes responsibility and not credit.

The Bean has explained what he needs to be successful in the run game, just as Edge did before- they both got dog housed. and benched behind THT who was a full time pass blocker part time starting RB, just to be on the field as a 5th round pick.

THT was a blessing - He was fantastic as a fresh legs back up that finished drives for Edge early in 2008 as a rookie- 10 rookie TD's- WHIZ changed his role to starter and he was the worse starting RB in the NFL. THT was great to us and earned every play he gets for the Redskins- it was this staff's fault.

Now Beanie and Edge are feature RB's- they are versitile enough to execute the draws and pass formation runs, the base run formation runs both power and Zone schemes for any team in the NFL any year in NFL history.

Now the Bean has several elite qualities, Vision, power, elusiveness, open field, power ( I said Power twice - cause I like Power) It is in the the strategy of the rushing chess game within the strategy of the individual gameplanned chess game with our Elite WR - that I see mismanaged.

You pull that muleskinner and see what happens, give Beanie his 7 carries in the first 1/4 to punish and set the tone- you bring in Rwill for fresh legs and quicker style, watch Fitz's yards per catch increase over his career highs last year- where Beanie Ran 245 times 9th most in the NFL and good average- but the Cards were still 24th in rush attempts overall.

Now like I said before- stay the course unlike Hearst and Jones- give the boy an extension and pride in his franchise like AW and Fitz. Don't treat him like pond scum trying to get more than he deserves. FEED this BEAN a healthy diet- nurture him - cherish him like the Buckeyes did. He'll take Fitz and us to our first SB win- sooner rather than later.

If we don't have his back who does?
:)

That 24 year old has had more surgeries than Barry Sanders had in his entire career.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05