Final game for Rivers....

Wildman©

former FOOTBALL Coach
Reaction score
Phillip Rivers stats in the Tangerine Bowl vs Kansas...

37/45 0 INTs 475 yds 5TDs

Bowl MVP

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wildman©

Bowl MVP

Nice, but I still like Rothlisberger. If for no other reason I have taken the time to learn how to spell his name. I hope it is not in vane.

DieHardFromMO

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Re: Re: Final game for Rivers....

Originally posted by Mike Rogers
Nice, but I still like Rothlisberger. If for no other reason I have taken the time to learn how to spell his name. I hope it is not in vane.

That would be Roethlisberger. :D

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Bowl MVP

Dang it! I had to miss his last game due to Christmas shopping.

Hopefully the Cards have done their homework, and realize that they can get Rivers for less money, less hype, but can get the same production out of him.

He'll be a player in this league IMO.

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Rivers

I like Rivers....some don't for some strange reason.....I also like his WR...Cotchery (sp?)...but I think he's a junior and not sure if he's coming out.....gotta do some research on him.

One problem with Rivers is the same problem you have with any player who you THINK will be at a certain olace in the draft. We've been burnt by that line of reasoning more than once.....we're not the only team that needs a QB or who likes Rivers.

I guess it's the bird in the hand sorta thing...if you need someone then grab the best when you can...don't bet on the come.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bowl MVP

Yes. but that was against one of those not so powerhouse teams from the Little 12 conference. The one with the imposter in the Sugar Bowl. :D

Rivers is nice and polished. Not as athletically gifted as the other 2, in my not so expert opinion. Wouldn't be a bad consolation prize in 2nd round , if he lasts that long. How come NC State has an alien for a head coach? :confused:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Re: Rivers

Originally posted by BuckeyeCardinal
I like Rivers....some don't for some strange reason.....I also like his WR...Cotchery (sp?)...but I think he's a junior and not sure if he's coming out.....gotta do some research on him.

One problem with Rivers is the same problem you have with any player who you THINK will be at a certain olace in the draft. We've been burnt by that line of reasoning more than once.....we're not the only team that needs a QB or who likes Rivers.

I guess it's the bird in the hand sorta thing...if you need someone then grab the best when you can...don't bet on the come.

I'm pretty certain that he would drop. And if we decide to see what we have in McCown, Parsons, and rookie to be named, Qb will be given a lesser priority.

We did the same with Jake, and he easily feel to us in the second round. IMO Rivers is more likely to fall out of the second than jump into the first round.

He is a player that's been overlooked, underrated, and underhyped his entire career. He is originally from Alabama, and neither Auburn nor Alabama would recruit him as a QB, so he left those two football powerhouses for the chance to play at NC State.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cotcherie

Cotcherie comes as close as you can get to being a clone of Quan.

If we want to build quality depth behind Anquan, Cotcherie (if still around by Round 3) would be an intriguing pickup.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The reason nobody is sold on him is that he threw about 6 passes over 15 yards downfield and most of those were ducks. Most were caught but they definitely had some flutter to them.I think it's ironic that the guy whose record he broke in the game was Kliff Kingsbury,the guy he is most compared to.He's a better athlete than Kingsburu and has a quicker release but he has ALOT of work to do to have any kind of success as a pro.Another they compared him to in the game last night was Danny Wuerffel.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Cotchery is more like Sanders than Boldin, but he has better hands than Sanders.

This isn't original, but I do believe Rivers low release point will be an issue against the taller lines he will face in the NFL, especially when he tries to throw off a three step drop.

He is a truly great competitor and may make it on grit alone. He's a winner, but will need exactly the right offense.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by Harry
Cotchery is more like Sanders than Boldin, but he has better hands than Sanders.

This isn't original, but I do believe Rivers low release point will be an issue against the taller lines he will face in the NFL, especially when he tries to throw off a three step drop.

He is a truly great competitor and may make it on grit alone. He's a winner, but will need exactly the right offense.

I think the tallest guy on their roster is a 6'8" defensive end, but they have quite a few 6'6" guys. I don't know what their starting line averaged this year.

Loyal Card 17

Veteran
Reaction score
alright, fellow rivers fans. i believe that rivers will go in the first round. might not be the top ten pick. he will definitly go in the first round at this point. most scouts put alot input at the combine and the two major all star games. after that you will have a pretty good idea where everyone will be drafted. mean while i'm getting pretty excited about free agentcy. jevon kearse is a free agent. payton manning going to be a free agent. obvious postions that need to be filled. their is 0.00000000000000000000001% chance of signing them. not a very good chance, but still a chance. then their the cb position. woodson, baily, mcallistar, plummer, and bryant. de grant wistrom and eric hicks top the position(kearse more than likly going to resign with the titans). their is only one name in the lb core that needs to be mention imo and that is julian peterson. one of the best olb in the game today. alot of good players out their in fa this season. i am equally excited in who our new head coach going to be. that will determine who we pursue in free agentcy.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05