Finley is out for tonight????

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hopefully the Spurs add Randy Livingston to the practice squad.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to register. Spurstalk is enough. Can someone post it here?

Nothing else to report. Just said Fins went down hard in practice and his availability for tonight's game is questionable.

Spurs fans speculating Barry gets the start with Manu still coming off the bench. Also discussing the possibility of a contribution from James White.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing else to report. Just said Fins went down hard in practice and his availability for tonight's game is questionable.

Spurs fans speculating Barry gets the start with Manu still coming off the bench. Also discussing the possibility of a contribution from James White.

So in other words, Pop is just playing more head games and Finley will be a surprise start. :D

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So in other words, Pop is just playing more head games and Finley will be a surprise start. :D

Right. Fins went down hard ... in the hot tub. He'll be extra refreshed for tonight's game.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The Suns will take any break they can get. I like Finley and wouldn't want him to be hurt, but I'd be perfectly happy to see him sit tonight.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
fins will play. to think otherwise is to fall prey to pop's mind games. it's the playoffs.

supernova

Rookie
Reaction score
I seem to recall reading somewhere that Pops was a counterintelligence officer for the Air Force. Makes sense. He's trained his whole team in the arts of deception. I honestly think he spends half of each practice on dirty tricks. I've never seen a team so adept at suckering the refs. You combine that with one of the most skilled and experienced rosters in the league and you have a deadly combination. I'm stunned the Mavs beat them last year. The Spurs = the dark side! We need some sunshine. No more borring b-ball! Go Suns!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
nice post supernova! I agree! They are so damn diciplined to it makes me sick! Well that and they never commit a foul in the refs eyes!

joshtd1

Reaction score
The Ticket is a radio show..personally I'd be surprised if Fin is playing tonight against yall..and yes we were discussing if James White might play, but even if he does get suited up I doubt he will play any.

mrkneebar

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
God, fans of other teams are so predictable.

Sure maybe 3+ years ago they were boring, but they can run the ball with the rest of them. How can you have Ginobili and Parker and say they are boring. Tim has a boring style for non fans, i'll agree.

Don't hate us cause we have the rings. And if you do, don't come up with the same old BS year after year. "Spurs are boring, blah blah blah". Whatever.

OP
OP
phxrising

phxrising

Registered
Reaction score

Sure maybe 3+ years ago they were boring, but they can run the ball with the rest of them. How can you have Ginobili and Parker and say they are boring. Tim has a boring style for non fans, i'll agree.

Don't hate us cause we have the rings. And if you do, don't come up with the same old BS year after year. "Spurs are boring, blah blah blah". Whatever.

It's not that at all. There are Soooooo many more reasons. :moon:

Nah, just messing with ya. I like the Spurs just not when thier playing the Suns!

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure, it's called jealousy.
You know, this is a pretty cool site, and although nothing you've said is ban-worthy, you certainly lack the class that a lot of other Spurs fans seem to have. You're just not nice.

Steel Sun

I hate John Paxson
Reaction score

YAWN

Last edited:

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm sure we resent the Spurs when they play better than the Suns, but too often it isn't better. It's just that they get away with fouling more than any other team and whin like babies in the few instances they get called on it. It is pretty disgusting.

joshtd1

Reaction score
I'm sure we resent the Spurs when they play better than the Suns, but too often it isn't better. It's just that they get away with fouling more than any other team and whin like babies in the few instances they get called on it. It is pretty disgusting.

Is that why the Spurs have been called for more fouls in the series so far?

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Is that why the Spurs have been called for more fouls in the series so far?

i think his point was that they should have been called for a lot more fouls. common sense would tell you that its unproductive for the suns to foul for 2 main reasons

1) they arent very deep
2) fouling slows down the fastbreak.

say the suns were called for 50 fould in the series and the spurs called for 60. that doesnt mean much if the sours really comitted 75 fouls. see?

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
say the suns were called for 50 fould in the series and the spurs called for 60. that doesnt mean much if the sours really comitted 75 fouls. see?

In theory, most teams should out foul the Suns because D'Antoni does not buy into the "make them earn it at the line" stuff that so many teams practice.

BTW, the "make them earn it" is one of the reasons most teams have to have really long benches. The Suns can use a seven man bench because they don't intentionally foul.