Fire Porter!!!

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
I can't live with this any more!!!

Shaq was very hot, the group on court finally clicked, we got some stops and protected defense board very well, catching up the score to 79-90. Forced a GSW time-out.

3:11 Amare in, Shaq out.

GAME OVER!

THE MOST STUPID MOVE I HAVE EVER SEEN BY A COACH!

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Everyone should go from the owner down to the players to whoever decided this organization-wide orange look wasn't nauseating.

scXfreakX

Huh?
Reaction score
Not saying I want Porter to be fired just yet, but tonight's loss was just terrible. Something needs to be done. I don't want to give up on the coach just yet, and we know that SarvKerr doesn't want to look bad, but something needs to happen. There's no flame or spark under these guys.

SunsStatFan

Reaction score
Porter thought the GSW's timeout is to handle shaq, so he made the move beforehand, then he failed.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Well, Shaq needs to take a break some when. But Porter didn't prepare the team well enough to win. He must go.

Ninjafish

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think I can bear watching another Suns game until Porter is fired.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not saying I want Porter to be fired just yet, but tonight's loss was just terrible. Something needs to be done. I don't want to give up on the coach just yet, and we know that SarvKerr doesn't want to look bad, but something needs to happen. There's no flame or spark under these guys.

I do not want to wait until something of biblical proportions happens. The players have totally tuned Porter out.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Will Kerr fire Porter if the Suns lose to the Warriors tomorrow night on national television?

nowagimp

Reaction score
Porter has lost this team.

I am even more concerned that Kerr has lost this team. Porter may very well be just a kerr puppet, executing his policies/strategies. If this is the case, it may take another year of awful play to get rid of kerr. This is the problem with bad bosses, they get others to take the blame for a while before all is figured out. Because kerr can manipulate coaching policy/ personnel without taking resposibility for the result, its gonna take a while and be ugly. I expect that many players will get blamed and be gone before kerr is identified as the problem.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is Kerr to Sarver what Isaiah was to Dolan--a ******* with tenure?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It's not a "tough" list so much as a "fundamentals" list, but I agree that the Suns fail in every category. Hill is the only one who's even close.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Please. The whole team, including the coaches is to blame. Porter isn't just a bad coach, he's incompetent. When a Suns coach makes you yearn for the days of Frank Johnson, you know he's bad.

It's just amazing how quickly everything fell apart for this team. We can talk ad nauseum about all the reasons, but nevertheless it is shocking how this team went from unlimited potential and promise to just a wasteland of mismatched pieces.

I could stomach it if this team went all out in terms of effort and played their hearts out, but this is a group that has collectively given up. I'd rather watch a bad team with heart, than a mediocre group that thinks they're better than everyone else and underachieves.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Last night he called for zone defense against a hot 3pt shooting team.

I dont get it. I really dont.

scXfreakX

Huh?
Reaction score
I do not want to wait until something of biblical proportions happens. The players have totally tuned Porter out.

Yes. But if we fire Porter, then the entire Suns organization looks terrible (not like it looks good now). This team is stacked. But it seems that the egos have ruined it. I don't think Porter is a bad coach. I think that there's too many players who are just focused on their stat sheet. If they all played as a team, then I think we'd be in a much better situation. I can't fault Terry for all of our struggles. The ego's have definitely impacted the situation.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. But if we fire Porter, then the entire Suns organization looks terrible (not like it looks good now). This team is stacked. But it seems that the egos have ruined it. I don't think Porter is a bad coach. I think that there's too many players who are just focused on their stat sheet. If they all played as a team, then I think we'd be in a much better situation. I can't fault Terry for all of our struggles. The ego's have definitely impacted the situation.

I am not so sure that the team is "stacked"

Offensively, absolutely...to the point of unbalance.

Love or Hate Marion, he did all the things the Suns miss right now. Steals, rebounding, blocks, perimeter defense, and the ability to score without needing the ball.

We hoped we had that in Barnes, but there was a reason he was available for the league minimum.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score

Yeah, but Porter is also not a good coach, so I don't think trading a few of the egos for role-players really solves the problem. The team will play better changing out some of the pieces, but probably still not reach full potential (I fear).

However, maybe they get a few good role-players in, and the veterans (Nash, Hill, Shaq) just run the show. Who knows at this point...

It usually is much easier to find a new coach then trade half the team. We'll see what Kerr does...

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
I am not so sure that the team is "stacked"

Offensively, absolutely...to the point of unbalance.

Love or Hate Marion, he did all the things the Suns miss right now. Steals, rebounding, blocks, perimeter defense, and the ability to score without needing the ball.

We hoped we had that in Barnes, but there was a reason he was available for the league minimum.

Yup. Big word.

PhoenixMaverick

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't know how anyone can support Porter.

He is downright terrible.
If you are a die hard fan like me who watches every single game and watches every move, you would actually see his how bad he is. Even a blind guy can see !!

From his players rotation, to his defensive play calling, to his offensive "throw it to shaq and let everyone stand around" play calling, to his hack a bowen, to his questionable subbing when players get hot, or to keep barnes in when he's clearly making too many mistakes. You don't even see barbosa till the 2nd quarter, and probably gets 2 plays per game. Nash's minutes are rediculous ... i can keep going.

I can name soo many incidents of how we lost because of porter. One is Brandon Roys buzzer beater, clearly everyone KNEW its going to him, but porter didn't emphasize priority on him, hell I would say stick 2 guys on his ass and his balls. You can even tell after the press conference how dumbfounded he looked when questions were asked.

I know our players aren't playing well, but we are WAY better than this. No one is responding to him, No one seems to respect him or listen to him. No one seems to be motivated at all and only sucking can result from his this incompetent coach.

FIRE HIS ASS, seriously, you can trade amare and get lebron or kobe and we would STILL lose with porter.