for those watching the game

freebyrd

Reaction score
is our o-line look as bad as they seem? they gave up 5 sacks already, not good.

freebyrd

OmahaCardsFan

Veteran
Reaction score
same ole' ?

Until we resolve the OL problems we are all stuck with the same ole' cards. I looked at the first 3 qtr stats on espn.com and wow, I've never seen such a lopsided stats sheet. I can't watch the game but we must really suck. No sacks and D. and plenty on O. With this kindof results, you can't blame the skilled position players can you?
-OCF

football24/7

Registered
Reaction score
This offensive line is truly OFFENSIVE. 1st and 2nd units are crap. Even Shelton gave up two sacks against the 2nd unit defense for the vikings. I have even more questions after watching this garbage. McCown held the ball to long, the WR's could not get open, and the o-line was a turnstile all night. The defense played well in the first half, except for the Starks losing his jock, and NO PRESSURE what so ever on the QB. I know its the first game and all, but I expected a little better performance. Wendall Bryant needs to be cut, 3rd team offense was blowing him away. Did I say that this offensive line stinks, and we are in deeep do-do right now.

Lenny_Biscuit

Rookie
Reaction score
Oh come on! The O_Line was the highlight of our night. Shelton should be traded! Big looked great(against a rookier but hey). We had some running lanes. QB had plenty of time with 1st string but QB's were slow and reluctant to get it off. Anyone that says our O-line was bad has no clue. They were the high point.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I mentioned this in another thread but I'll restate it...

Mike Tice during the 1st half of this game treated it like a real game. He had lots of passing on the offensive end and lots of blitzing on the defensive side of the ball. He even admitted himself that he was going to treat this like a revenge game.

Dennis Green took this game for what it was ... a preseason game. He played very vanilla on both sides of the ball.

Also, 2 of our starting WRs and our starting RB (would have been IMO) is also hurt. Combine that with the nerves and rust of having to play their 1st game action in a while, this offense looked bad.

The Oline units looked like they were starting to gel right before the substitutions, so I'm going to reserve judgement for a few more exhibition games.

With the injuries, rust and nerves of playing their first game in a long while its tough to really judge anything at this point

Last edited:

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
5 sacks given up. Nuff said.

DBACH1

Twisted Guiseppe Gallo
Reaction score
Any1 notice the 1st play for McCown, King, and Navarre. They were all sacks. Lewis got sacked on his 3rd play.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
DBACH1 said:
Any1 notice the 1st play for McCown, King, and Navarre. They were all sacks. Lewis got sacked on his 3rd play.

Like I said it seemed like the more playing that each unit had, the better they were.

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think even Lesnar had a sack if i recall correctly... it was off the guy from stanford though.

Lenny_Biscuit

Rookie
Reaction score
Please watch the game again. All QB's had plenty of time (Ok give a play or two that the D beats you). The 1st string O-line was the highlight of the night. QB's have to make a decision sooner!

Ps - Roundtree gets cut

Pss - A few beers makes a lurker a freekin loud mouth ;)

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Redsz said:
5 sacks given up. Nuff said.

Yeah and preseason stats have served us so well over the years. :rolleyes:

At least 2 (possibly more) of the 5 sacks were coverage sacks (meaning they were NOT the fault of the OLine). From someone who watched the game let me say that I was actually pleasently suprised by our Oline play.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The oline played better than the dline, but it's a stretch to say they played really well. I thought Shaun King had the best game of anyone on our side tonight and he was just competent.

football24/7

Registered
Reaction score
The O-line was and still is a big concern. Yes, each unit had its moments, but the purple guys were winning the battle in the trenches more often than not. Maybe its the first game rust, I hope so. I will reserve a final judgement on this unit until the end of the 3rd pre-season game. At the half Green wa being interviwed before going into the locker room. He said the offense played poorly. I agree 100%. Mac would have sugar coated things , but not with Green. He will make changes no matter who it is.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Sorry, 7 sacks.

You do have a point Ash. But as it has been mentioned, it was up and down. The o-line wasn't my highlight. The Special teams and Croom where.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
NJYAJ09 said:
I think even Lesnar had a sack if i recall correctly... it was off the guy from stanford though.

Lesnar didnt have a sack. He didnt even come close. Cantu destroyed him.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Redsz said:
Sorry, 7 sacks.

You do have a point Ash. But as it has been mentioned, it was up and down. The o-line wasn't my highlight. The Special teams and Croom where.

I won't argue with you there. They weren't the highlight but they were better than I thought they would be given the reports from Flag.

Each unit seemed to get better as the game went along but they still have some work to do.

Other good surprises from the game ... our back up QBs looked pretty good (neither really flashed but both Navarre and King look like they can come in if need be during the season and do pretty well), we won the turnover battle, our rushing D, and all our RBs when given a hole.

Disappointments ... Josh played Ok but could have done better (got happy feet towards the end but I'll let it pass since it was the 1st game and our Oline has been awful during training camp) and our pass rush (although I will say that both teams got away with a lot of holding)

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Lesnar didnt have a sack. He didnt even come close. Cantu destroyed him.

Roll on Rolando.

Join the Mexican Mafia now!

Adherirse al partido que gana!

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lenny_Biscuit said:
Please watch the game again. All QB's had plenty of time (Ok give a play or two that the D beats you). The 1st string O-line was the highlight of the night. QB's have to make a decision sooner!

Ps - Roundtree gets cut

Pss - A few beers makes a lurker a freekin loud mouth ;)

What game were you watching. I just rewatched the game while up with my 5 week old and that O-line was atrocious!