Forcing The Ball To Marvin Harrison Junior

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
After only getting the ball to him once during the first week and not targeting him regularly after the first quarter last week, it seems like Kyler was forcing the ball to Harrison this week. Harrison is showing some weakness when it comes to drops and not looking for the ball when it is there. This team has a tremendous group of tight ends and decent receivers in Michael Wilson and Dortch. I think that Harrison not going through the typical draft preparation, offseason and preseason process has hampered his development. There is a difference between catching the ball from the jugs machine and actually playing against NFL quality talent. I hope that the Cardinals don’t continue to force the ball to Harrison going forward

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The typical draft prep for a WR is cutting weight and training for the 40 yard dash. What Marvin did instead of that was working on running routes and catching balls. The offseason and preseason process he had was the same as every other receiver in the NFL. What are you talking about?

Kyler was definitely forcing it to Harrison. I think he just didn't trust the defense to gets stops and hoped that throwing it to the best player on our offense would get results. The Lions shutting down our run game really killed us.

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
He made some extremely costly mistakes- but cmon man isn’t this a bit of an over reaction? I think there is a lot for him to learn from the game tape today.

Make no mistake though- if we can’t get MHjr-Kyler connection red hot- this offense is in big trouble. Let them go through the growing pains- keep looking his way

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Making the hard catch when the team needs a play is exactly Marvin's job. It's why he was drafted at #4 instead of #14

Growing pains suck but we need the connection to get there. So far both kyler and Marv seem to be dedicated to putting in the work.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He made some extremely costly mistakes- but cmon man isn’t this a bit of an over reaction? I think there is a lot for him to learn from the game tape today.

Make no mistake though- if we can’t get MHjr-Kyler connection red hot- this offense is in big trouble. Let them go through the growing pains- keep looking his way
And there's already an over reaction thread. :p

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would argue Nabers is running easier routes. These back shoulder fade routes are not high percentage routes which is why it takes a very good WR and near perfect timing to consistently be successful on them.
Mhj isn't at the DHop or Fitz level yet alas.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would argue Nabers is running easier routes. These back shoulder fade routes are not high percentage routes which is why it takes a very good WR and near perfect timing to consistently be successful on them.

He dropped a slant in the end zone. He has had bad drops in every game. Multiple fade throws and he can't adjust.

He can miss on the tough stuff. He is losing on the easy stuff

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
10 receptions for 198 yards on 21 targets (66 ypg)
9 first downs and 3 touchdowns in 3 games
19.8 yard avg - longest reception went for 60 yards

that's all with no preseason - but i get it - thread is about forcing the ball to mhj which is honestly fine when murray is throwing dimes but that wasn't the case today

it hasn't been bad and it'll only get better - i like that kyler has the confidence in him but there's a reason you throw it to the open receiver

15th in receiving yds (4 teams stats left to add)
only 3 other wide receivers have 3 tds

You must be registered for see images attach

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Nabers is built different but I think Marv will be elite in year two. People can blame Petzing but he doesn’t draw up plays that are supposed to be thrown into double coverage. Kyler has to go thru this progressions better.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't want to say it but Nabers isn't making these drops.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

That drop cost them a game.

Nabers has been targeted 37 times so far. He's making some plays but he is by no means a vacuum.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05