Franchise QB's

Cagwats

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Memo to Cardinals:

Please do not pass on another frachise QB in this years draft. Shore up the OL in free agency, sign Kitna, and draft a QB.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Cagwats said:
Memo to Cardinals:

Please do not pass on another frachise QB in this years draft. Shore up the OL in free agency, sign Kitna, and draft a QB.

Memo to Cardinal Fan:

Please do not demand that we fix our passing game after witnessing one of the worst rushing attacks in NFL history.

Welcome aboard!

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
Memo to Cardinal Fan:

Please do not demand that we fix our passing game after witnessing one of the worst rushing attacks in NFL history.

Welcome aboard!
:biglaugh:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
Memo to Cardinal Fan:

Welcome aboard!

Memo to Section 11:

Please do not pretend we have to ignore the QB position because of our anemic run game, and please do not pretend you can't actually try to focus on more than ONE part of your team in the offseason.

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
Memo to all:

To fix our running game you would also seriously help our passing game, and that is FIX THE O-LINE!!!!

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Memo to self
Stop reading threads with "QBOF" in them...

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I'm becoming more convinced that there isn't a franchise qb in the draft this year that will be identified as one. What I mean is, some team will get lucky and draft a quality starter(in the future) from out of nowhere but some of these other qb's that were at the senior bowl just didn't come across as first/second round material. Even Cutler wasn't particulary impressive. Whitehurst(I think that was his name) and the guy from Penn State were also not guys I would burn a high round pick on. Even the golden boys (Leinart and Young) aren't guys I would classify as "franchise" qb's. ML will probably be a solid starter and Young's just too much of a wild card to call at this point.

FlagstaffDave

Reaction score
Memo to Cagwats:

Explain why we need Kitna. We already have our starting QB who will have a new contract soon, Kitna doesn't want to be a backup. So I guess we'll be passing on Kitna.

spanky1

Reaction score
moklerman said:
I'm becoming more convinced that there isn't a franchise qb in the draft this year that will be identified as one. What I mean is, some team will get lucky and draft a quality starter(in the future) from out of nowhere but some of these other qb's that were at the senior bowl just didn't come across as first/second round material. Even Cutler wasn't particulary impressive. Whitehurst(I think that was his name) and the guy from Penn State were also not guys I would burn a high round pick on. Even the golden boys (Leinart and Young) aren't guys I would classify as "franchise" qb's. ML will probably be a solid starter and Young's just too much of a wild card to call at this point.

If Eli Manning was/is a franchise QB then how you couldn't lump Leinart in with him is beyond me.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
spanky1 said:
If Eli Manning was/is a franchise QB then how you couldn't lump Leinart in with him is beyond me.

Eli is nowhere close to being a franchise QB at this point. He better get his completion % around 58% or better before he even sniffs that level of annointment from me. Hes barely at 51% thats damn pathetic.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
As much as I want a franchise QB (and I am only convinced of Lienert in this years draft) I am starting to think that Franchise LT's are even more rare. Think about in the last ten years the franchise LT's drafted, and what it meant to there teams:

Orlando Pace - Greatest Show on Turf - Super Bowl win
Walter Jones - # 1 Offense, Super Bowl Appearence
Jonathan Ogden - 2000 Yard Rusher, Super Bowl Win
Tony Boselli - Took veritable expansion team to AFC Championship, made Mark Brunell and Natrone Means look like Pro Bowlers

And thats about it.....Obviously these guys were not the only reason there team was sucessful but i would say they were at least one of the top three players most imporatnt to thier team's success.

D'Brick is supposedly the best prospect since Pace.......

If we signed Edge, Bentley, and drafted Feguson (it would likely require a trade but the price may not be as high), Wouldn't that be the best possible off season that is (relatively) realistically possible for our team? draft a FS, TE and some depth and thats a big time team IMO....

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Eli is nowhere close to being a franchise QB at this point. He better get his completion % around 58% or better before he even sniffs that level of annointment from me. Hes barely at 51% thats damn pathetic.

I'm sure that keeps him up at night...lol

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Eli Manning was/is a franchise QB then how you couldn't lump Leinart in with him is beyond me.
The only reason I'd consider Eli a franchise qb is because the Giants invested so much money and so many draft picks on him. He hasn't shown himself to be a franchise qb in ability, but he's already a franchise qb in price. The Giants have to play him. Kind of like the Falcons do with Vick. These two guys are basically my whole reason against drafting a qb early and then throwing money at him for years.

spanky1

Reaction score
moklerman said:
The only reason I'd consider Eli a franchise qb is because the Giants invested so much money and so many draft picks on him. He hasn't shown himself to be a franchise qb in ability, but he's already a franchise qb in price. The Giants have to play him. Kind of like the Falcons do with Vick. These two guys are basically my whole reason against drafting a qb early and then throwing money at him for years.

Throw in Byron Leftwich into this story mix. Those that think of him as a franchise QB are watering down the essence of this term.

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score
I have to say, neither Leftwich or Roethlisberger nor none of the other "QBOF" candidates that we have passed on in the past several years would have made a damn bit of difference last year. We had two solid QBs under center last year and they provided us with the best passing attack in the NFC - despite the horrendous pass blocking-

The OL is our biggest problem. Fix that and our running game will fix itself.

gusmahler

Registered
Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:
As much as I want a franchise QB (and I am only convinced of Lienert in this years draft) I am starting to think that Franchise LT's are even more rare. Think about in the last ten years the franchise LT's drafted, and what it meant to there teams:

Orlando Pace - Greatest Show on Turf - Super Bowl win
Walter Jones - # 1 Offense, Super Bowl Appearence
Jonathan Ogden - 2000 Yard Rusher, Super Bowl Win
Tony Boselli - Took veritable expansion team to AFC Championship, made Mark Brunell and Natrone Means look like Pro Bowlers

And just remember there are as many LT busts as there are QB busts. Just not as visible. Robert Gallery (chosen #2, one spot ahead of Fitz) was supposed to be one of those "special" LTs. Turns out he's an RT. And not a very good one at that.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gusmahler said:
And just remember there are as many LT busts as there are QB busts. Just not as visible. Robert Gallery (chosen #2, one spot ahead of Fitz) was supposed to be one of those "special" LTs. Turns out he's an RT. And not a very good one at that.

Memo to the Raiders, when a kid goes from a 230 pound TE to a 330 pound LT in 4 years of college, he's probably doing more than eating well and working out.

Word is one of Gallery's biggest issues has been maintaining his weight in the NFL, they asked him to bulk up this year thinking he played too light as a rookie. But apparently he lost about 12-15 pounds during the course of the year.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
So is D'Brickshaw Ferguson a natural or is he a Gallery/Turley type that's playing above his weight class? Is Ferguson worth going after or someone else in the draft worth considering?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05