Freaking ESPN

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kiki V. and Swin Cash (who the heck is she?) both pick the Spurs over the Suns in the semi-finals.

I mean...we have homecourt and still no love.

Tired of moronic ESPN experts.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Kiki V. is not too smart... look what he did in Denver with all that money, he got fired too and Swin Cash is an WNBA player or sth, maybe she thought Spurs over Mercury.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think until we prove we can beat the Spurs in a playoff series, the Spurs will be the favorite to win.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think until we prove we can beat the Spurs in a playoff series, the Spurs will be the favorite to win.

Yep and I freaking love it. This team plays better with a chip on it's shoulders I think. All these guys watch ESPN. That's OK. Let us be an underdog with everyone picking against us. I think that helps us.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
People are jumping on the Spurs bandwagon, because they are finally playing to their potential. But we are still a better team. Im confident we'll get them this year

Lorenzo

Reaction score
the spurs are who they are. I don't like them. and i hope the suns beat them in the playoffs, but i have no problem with anyone who thinks they can win the west. I used to say every year that the mavs would beat the spurs in a playoff series....if they could make it that far. well i've been wrong every time. last year i thought the spurs would beat the mavs untill dallas went up 3-1.......and i was almost wrong then too.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
HOWEVER, if we beat the Mavs at Dallas on Wed, so called "pundits" will be back on our bandwagon

Lorenzo

Reaction score
HOWEVER, if we beat the Mavs at Dallas on Wed, so called "pundits" will be back on our bandwagon
I don't think so. those t.v. guys seem to stay with what they say at the beginning. there is one guy who went with phoenix early and he hasn't wavered. there are a couple of others that picked dallas and they haven't changed either. I know jamal mashburn picked the spurs...but i haven't seen much of him lately. I just think that the spurs have a lot of respect of the media. Now that the spurs are finally playing well they get some attention. just like dallas and phoenix have.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yes, the Spurs are who we thought they were! You want to go ahead and crown their a$$, then crown them! But we better not let them off the hook...

Damn you...you beat me to it! LOL :D

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
Don't worry, this will just make it all the more enjoyable when Amare owns Duncan again.

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
Typical, everyone loves the Suns until the playoffs. Then people are amazed that we advanced 2 rounds last year. Hell, even after the City of Phoenix threw a gigantic second place parade, Barkley can't stop not picking us in the playoffs, and bitching about the Suns when it's not playoff season. Nobody gives the Suns any recognition, now if the team (and by team I mean Steve Nash) gets pissed that they get no respect and channels that into dominance, then we have a Championship (and I'd even take just one championship for the next 15 years! Please God! )

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kiki's mad because he took Skita based on D'Antoni's rave.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The burden of proof is clearly on the Suns and it doesn't matter if we have homecourt or not. The Spurs have built a reputation over the years and have won rings. The Mavs have been hot this year and made it to the finals last season. So why would you expect the Suns to be picked over them??

Suns have to prove it this year...PERIOD.

Last edited:

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
Suns have to prove it this year...PERIOD.

Every team in the playoffs has something to prove. After listening to all the "we wuz robbed" comments for the past eight months, it would appear the Mavs have the most to prove this year. Wouldn't you agree...QUESTION MARK?

greensborohill

Registered
Reaction score
Every team in the playoffs has something to prove. After listening to all the "we wuz robbed" comments for the past eight months, it would appear the Mavs have the most to prove this year. Wouldn't you agree...QUESTION MARK?

Yes and no. We shouldn't have the most to prove, but b/c of the media we do. And internally I think the team feels they have the most to prove. . . and that's the way it should be. The Suns should WANT to have the most to prove.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Yes and no. We shouldn't have the most to prove, but b/c of the media we do. And internally I think the team feels they have the most to prove. . . and that's the way it should be. The Suns should WANT to have the most to prove.

The Suns have been an NBA team a lot longer than the Mavs. We have more to prove.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lol, who cares who has more to prove? The only thing for certain is that unless Dallas and Phoenix win the title, neither team will have proven a thing this year in the eyes of the media. So, one of those teams (or both) will still be answering critics come summer time.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the Spurs are who we thought they were! You want to go ahead and crown their a$$, then crown them! But we better not let them off the hook...

Damn you...you beat me to it! LOL :D

:lmao:

That one will take a while to get "old"...

It was so truthful though. the media loves talking about champions in the regular season. and we'll hear more of it on wednesday night.

I must have heard/read that quote 100 times. It never gets old.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Kiki V. is a genius... the way he stares into the camera and communicates. You can almost feel the sincerity and passion in his voice. He talks to the camera like a scorned lover; begging for forgiveness, pleading for its love.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Kiki had a great plan in Denver. He ruined it when he gave up so much for Kenyon Martin though.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's complete bunk. It's not the media or the fans. It's the Mavs performance in last year's finals and the great regular season record that's putting the pressure on the Mavs to prove they are legit.

In terms of the Suns? The Suns are in a good place. People have been writing us off for 3 years. First they said we couldn't be successful with our style over the long haul of a season. Then they said we couldn't win a series in the playoffs with our style. Then they said we couldnt go deep into the playoffs with our style. Then last year we couldn't win with our health issues. Then again we couldn't go deep with our style in the playoffs.

If anything, the Suns keep proving the critics wrong. They have one thing left to prove and there is no doubt about what the Suns "want". I swear if I hear one more analyst say the Suns can't play their style in the playoffs after 3 years I am going to :barf: