Freaking ESPN

HooverDam

Reaction score
The ESPN panel is all about the now. If it were the Suns that just completed their 17 game winning streak, everyone would be saying that Nash would be MVP, and the Suns would be the team to beat.

Except for Greg Anthony, he HATES the Suns for apparently no reason. The entire Nash/D'Antoni era he's ragged on the Suns non stop. The Suns don't have enough "effort" players, what does that even mean? The man is a walking rehashed talking point.

"That style won't win in the playoffs"
"Defense wins championships"
"Effort players!"
HRRRRR!!!!!

Anthony makes up for his lack of mental acumen by repeating silly, mostly meaningless or if they do having meaning, incorrect suppositions about the game that someone told him when he was 12.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except for Greg Anthony, he HATES the Suns for apparently no reason. The entire Nash/D'Antoni era he's ragged on the Suns non stop. The Suns don't have enough "effort" players, what does that even mean? The man is a walking rehashed talking point.

"That style won't win in the playoffs"
"Defense wins championships"
"Effort players!"
HRRRRR!!!!!

Anthony makes up for his lack of mental acumen by repeating silly, mostly meaningless or if they do having meaning, incorrect suppositions about the game that someone told him when he was 12.

My love for Greg is posted in the other thread. :)

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was funny that in the same article he was answering with the usual rehashed talking points, some of the other columnists were dismissing them as being just that

KANIDJA

Registered
Reaction score
I am convinced that Greg Anthony is dumb. How can you say that only way Suns can beat Dallas is by making them play small. What does that mean? Does it mean sitting Diop/Dampier (because they for sure are not going to sit Dirk)? Is he trying to say that those two players are better, or can dominate Amare??? I have no idea what this dude is talking about.