Fringe (FOX)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Just started watching this the other day when I finished NYPD Blue.
Im in season 2,...enjoying the show.
Just finished the episode in which Pete gets infected in a building full of people and Walt has to find a cure before the CDC has the army sanitize the building.
Really loving this show.

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just finished the episode in which Pete gets infected in a building full of people and Walt has to find a cure before the CDC has the army sanitize the building.
Really loving this show.
the series is great. Anna Torv is also a total smoke show

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really loving this show.
I’m glad you are enjoying it. You’re about to get into the best part of the show imo (middle of season 2 into middle of season 3). Please keep posting your thoughts, good or bad. I love this show so much!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Just started season 5...future, observer invasion.

Something I'm curious about... okay, fringe science, alternate realities, string theory, multiverse...that's my schtick, I'm into that poo.
But way back I noticed something. That's not my thing but seems to jump off the screen at me in nearly every episode.
Astrid loves the hell out of Walter.
At first it was kinda,"oh this kooky old man is kinda cool" ..but it progressed...the girl adores the hell out of him. Dotes on him like a mother hen. I recall her seeing a guy in season 1 but since that ended its all Walter...I know it's an oxymoron but they seem to have a platonic romance going on. Even Walt...always calling her by different names like it's not important to him...but in heavy moments he always calls her Astrid...and when her double from the other side was working with them he always got her name correct...but then would call his Astrid Axel or something.
At first I was thinking maybe she never had a grandpa or something and they filled that type of role for each other. But lots of rough events through seasons 3 and 4 revealed these two have strong feelings for each other.
I don't expect any sort of physical relationship to develop but it's entertaining to see this huge age gap relationship play out in the midst of world ending dilemmas.

Or, maybe I'm just a dirty old man that's jealous of Walt because I don't have a smart, beautiful young lady doting on me, lol.
Did any of you notice this?

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just started season 5...future, observer invasion.

Something I'm curious about... okay, fringe science, alternate realities, string theory, multiverse...that's my schtick, I'm into that poo.
But way back I noticed something. That's not my thing but seems to jump off the screen at me in nearly every episode.
Astrid loves the hell out of Walter.
At first it was kinda,"oh this kooky old man is kinda cool" ..but it progressed...the girl adores the hell out of him. Dotes on him like a mother hen. I recall her seeing a guy in season 1 but since that ended its all Walter...I know it's an oxymoron but they seem to have a platonic romance going on. Even Walt...always calling her by different names like it's not important to him...but in heavy moments he always calls her Astrid...and when her double from the other side was working with them he always got her name correct...but then would call his Astrid Axel or something.
At first I was thinking maybe she never had a grandpa or something and they filled that type of role for each other. But lots of rough events through seasons 3 and 4 revealed these two have strong feelings for each other.
I don't expect any sort of physical relationship to develop but it's entertaining to see this huge age gap relationship play out in the midst of world ending dilemmas.

Or, maybe I'm just a dirty old man that's jealous of Walt because I don't have a smart, beautiful young lady doting on me, lol.
Did any of you notice this?
What? That you're a d. o. m.? :oops:

Devilmaycare

King of Technicalities
Reaction score
I need to give this show another watch. Haven't seen it since it aired. I remember liking the early seasons even though it felt like an X-Files rip off at first. Luckily it quickly grew out of that. It had lost me a little in the last season or so.

The ending felt sloppy and throw together like they didn't know how to end it. I didn't know it at the time but looking back it makes sense. It lost me at the end because it's typical JarJar Abrams. He's great at the mystery box setup but then never knows how to finish. I'm looking at you Lost.